NBA 2011-2012 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 924 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That game was closer than I expected but the result was still OKC on top, plenty of impressive from both sides.

That game was closer than I expected but the result was still OKC on top, plenty of impressive from both sides.

I agree with that, twas funny though seeing Shane Battier lead the scoring side for a little bit for the heat.

I agree with that, twas funny though seeing Shane Battier lead the scoring side for a little bit for the heat.

Which I feel is a fluke. He can do it for one game, but for three more? I doubt it.

I have a feeling the longer this series goes, the more it favors OKC. OKC is more athletic and younger than Miami. Where Miami has experience and star power, OKC has youth and courage.

Miami seemingly just looked gassed by the 4th quarter. Spoelstra has to tinker with the rotations or some players may not be able to finish quarters let alone games.

sumbrownkid
Miami seemingly just looked gassed by the 4th quarter. Spoelstra has to tinker with the rotations or some players may not be able to finish quarters let alone games.

I agree, they looked like they'd punched out for the fourth quarter. Except for Haslem, nobody had a terrible game, although James was blocked and defended quite well. Usually, I'd think "uh oh", but if the Heat can stay strong for the entire game, they need to win Game 2 to have a chance at wrestling that home team advantage away from OKC.

I just saw the first half, and that had nothing to do with OKC. Miami started out moving the ball well, which you could say is basketball 101, then they stopped. Very weird, as I don't think OKC defense really make any adjustment, or started playing the passing lanes. Saw James & Wade dribble, dribble, dribble, then do some Michael Jordan off-balance fadeaway type shots as clock ran out. I really question their intelligence. :odd:

At the other end, OKC bigs were getting rebounds or put-backs. If Miami got to the Finals playing like that, Eastern Conference is worthless. OKC has some of the elite bigs. Show some respect? :crazy:

At the other end, OKC bigs were getting rebounds or put-backs. If Miami got to the Finals playing like that, Eastern Conference is worthless. OKC has some of the elite bigs. Show some respect? :crazy:

Miami got to the Finals with star power, but they simply don't have the size in the middle to contend with what OKC has.

Edit: Just 2 weeks now until the important NBA stuff begins.......Finals, pfft.

Last edited:
It's because Miami sat on pick n roll the whole game, except Bosh was never in the paint. /facepalm. Turns it into make-or-miss iso basketball.

As long as I've been watching NBA, iso is automatic loss in the Playoffs. It's a regular season gimmick that can be used only in spurts during the Playoffs.
Miami got to the Finals with star power, but they simply don't have the size in the middle to contend with what OKC has.
It's traditional Playoff basketball to use the size, but when you are talking about Heat with their unique and weird dynamics, I think they are fully capable of beating OKC by just getting around their front line.

If I was Miami, I would attack the basket with couple of the best penetrators in the whole league, then finish, draw foul, or kick it out. We are talking about Wade and Princess James. When they attack the basket, it involves two or more defenders. Do the math. Bosh can play inside/outside, then put the outside shooters in position. If they don't respect the shooters, OKC will run into to trouble packing the middle. If they do, somebody will be open for jumpers.

Easier said than done, but we are talking about the Finals.
Edit: Just 2 weeks now until the important NBA stuff begins.......Finals, pfft.
I enjoyed the first half of the Game 1, my mind has already given the Championship to the OKC, and has shifted focus to the draft & FA. :D

Expect a big game from the Thunder tonight. My presence in the building should be inspiring. :lol:

So far it appears the two teams did not get the memo that I am in attendance. The Heat are playing much too well and the Thunder cannot buy a shot.

My coworker, pretty knowledgeable fan, he guaranteed that Miami would win tonight. I hope he doesn't get too big-headed at work tomorrow, if Miami do win. I would. :P

Go Heat, but I hope Brett have fun! Now excuse me while I go have a cake and eat it, too. :dopey:

I can't believe I rooted for Miami. I must really hate OKC. Whatever.

Well that sucked. :grumpy:

The Thunder dug their own grave spotting Miami a seventeen point lead in the first quarter.

Well that sucked. :grumpy:

The Thunder dug their own grave spotting Miami a seventeen point lead in the first quarter.

But the scary part is that they came back. Sure, they usually fall short after being down by so many, but OKC, they almost ALWAYS come back. And in a flash, too. I don't think I've ever seen a team with this type of firepower. I'm pretty old though.

I've got no doubt now, that this series will go the full seven. I can't see the Heat losing at home twice.

Woot woot woooooooooot!:D Nice work Heat!
Interesting but largely meaningless fact, Austin Rivers thinks the Raptors are one of the teams he'd be best suited to, and Doc Rivers agrees, the Rivers want to be in Toronto!:lol:

Woot woot woooooooooot!:D Nice work Heat!
Interesting but largely meaningless fact, Austin Rivers thinks the Raptors are one of the teams he'd be best suited to, and Doc Rivers agrees, the Rivers want to be in Toronto!:lol:

Haha, sounds cheese with Rivers at SG and DeRozan at SF.

I don't think DeRozan could play the 3 though, not all the time anyway.

And that would be the problem for Toronto.

Still, could be worse. At this rate your franchise player will have a mono-brow.:P Assuming the Hornets take Anthony Davis. If I was the Hornets GM I'd be telling him to get rid of it immediately.:lol:

Still, could be worse. At this rate your franchise player will have a mono-brow.:P Assuming the Hornets take Anthony Davis. If I was the Hornets GM I'd be telling him to get rid of it immediately.:lol:

His monobrow gives him all-star power :lol:

Rivers PG DeRozan SG?

We already have Calderon (brilliant play maker) and Bayless (streaky offensive threat), and if Rivers isn't a natural PG then he wouldn't be much use at that position either.

His monobrow gives him all-star power :lol:

Maybe I should grow one too!:crazy: :lol:
Some mock drafts have you getting Kendall Marshall at 10th as well, addressing the need for a PG. With any luck your season will at least be better than last. I'm still watching the Wizzards closely as well, despite their hideously ugly and boring new logo, who I expect will have assembled some decent talent for next season.

Maybe I should grow one too!:crazy: :lol:
Some mock drafts have you getting Kendall Marshall at 10th as well, addressing the need for a PG. With any luck your season will at least be better than last. I'm still watching the Wizzards closely as well, despite their hideously ugly and boring new logo, who I expect will have assembled some decent talent for next season.

Yes and no to the PG situation, we already have Jack who can play solid and then we have Vasquez from the bench.

But we do need a PG that can lead the team like CP3 used to.

If I offend any OKC fans, I'm sorry, but this can be a pretty accurate depiction of Westbrook when he goes hot & cold, and decides during those times to be the team's clutch instead of letting Durant (or even Harden) try to take the shot.
ip7tCn1KGSMPH.gif

:lol: Yeah that is funny, it's the looks on their faces that does it.

I think the coach needs to yell at Westbrook if he keeps throwing up bad shots after bad shots. Sometimes a PG needs to play it traditionally.

OKC messed up big time in game 2, and playing three games in Miami is not going to be any easier. They have to play the next three like they are game 7s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back