NBA 2011-2012 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 924 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it once and I'll say it again, who ever wins the West will steam roll the Eastern contender, neither Boston or Miami have shown anything near the level of play the Spurs and Thunder have.

MANU!!!!!!!!!!

I loved Reggie Miller referencing the two Davises. Dale & Antonio Davis. Dale Davis used to be one of my favorite players! :embarrassed:

P.S. Blazers finally netted a GM today. Clippers GM Olshey. He stole Chris Paul from the Lakers, so I hope he does more of that, and less of Mo Williams. I gotta get back to the game!!! Go Spurs!

Edit: Aaaand we are done. Unlike many fans, I wasn't sure who would win this series, or when I'll know who will take the series. Well, that came in the Game 5, third quarter. That, I believe was the turning point of the Western Conference Finals. San Antonio could still come back in the fourth, but I'm gonna say no. And they will lose in six, in OKC. 🤬

Last edited:
Both teams looked like they were playing great basketball in the highlights, that's how a final series should look.

I thought OKC has been effectively destroying San Antonio after Game 2. Like tonight, their trademark offense went right out of the window. Ball movement is limited, scorers are starting to force shots, much like Thunder, except Thunder's young players have young legs that are outrunning, outpacing, out-jumping the older or less-athletic Spurs players.

Spurs showed some sign of life in Game 5, but it took some trick shots, and improbable scoring outburst by Ginobili, and they still couldn't keep up when they counted.

If the Spurs can buy into the team concept again, make the extra pass, swing the ball over, trust their teammates, they might have a 50/50 chance at winning on the road. Basically, play similar to the way they played in the first two games of the series, but I honestly don't see it. I'm convinced that only two things that can save the Spurs are 1) Crazy hot shooting by the Spurs 2) OKC show up unprepared, drop the ball.

1 is unlikely, and 2 is not going to happen. Like I said earlier, OKC in six.

It was 94-90 in Miami as Boston handled the Heat. Celtics now lead the series 3-2 and are one game away from extinguishing the Heat. Can the Heat force a Game 7 after Thursday night in Boston?

Otherwise, get ready for Spurs at Thunder tomorrow night for Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals.

I don't think Heat can force a 7 Game series unless Bosh plays more minutes, providing that he doesn't put more strain onto his injury.

An upset stomach and a game loss. Tomorrow's going to be a delight.

I honestly can't see the Heat walking into the garden and forcing a game 7, especially with Bosh not at 100% as Stavingo said. Thunder and Celtics* in six.

Sorry, Omnis, Pupik and a6. Maybe next year? :sly:

2 guys can't carry a team. Heat are playing like a bunch of old scrubs. Only people worth anything are Wade, Bosh, James, and Cole. Keep that lineup and get a true bigman, or make Bosh play center and get a shooter that's worth a damn.

How can you not cover Ray Allen? They gave the Celts a dozen wide open looks from beyond the arc. Despicable.

GO SPURS!

Hey Miami fans, how about you guys give us Spoelstra after the season's over? We need a headcoach, and Wade doesn't even like him anyways!
Sorry, Omnis, Pupik and a6. Maybe next year? :sly:
I dunno whatu talkin'bout. Our season begin June 28th(NBA Draft). :P
How can you not cover Ray Allen?
That's our defense, too. Leave either their best scorer open, or their best shooter. Those players & coaches are getting paid millions, though. I wish I played defense like that, I could've been in the NBA!
Wow, 3.5k posts on GTP
Pfffft.....

I dunno whatu talkin'bout. Our season begin June 28th(NBA Draft). :P

:lol:

I was actually referring to your Manu avatar. ;)

And because I'm a little bored, here's the "Good Job, Good Effort" kid.

Maybe he should be coaching the Heat next year. 💡

I was actually referring to your Manu avatar. ;)
I know, I play dumb!

I just turned it on, they are up!!!!!!

Edit: I am done. I know it's stupid, but I swear, as soon as I tune in, Spurs go ice cold, OKC hot. It was just like this in Game 3, 4, then 5. 🤬

Edit: I am done. I know it's stupid, but I swear, as soon as I tune in, Spurs go ice cold, OKC hot. It was just like this in Game 3, 4, then 5. 🤬

You better not tune back in a6, currently the Spurs are up big at the start of the 2nd quarter.

You better not tune back in a6, currently the Spurs are up big at the start of the 2nd quarter.

They were up by more, then OKC went on 4-0 run. They were losing the second quarter, too, but they regained the 18 point lead again. I'm sure glad that Spurs players are looser than I am right now. :dopey:

I'm serious, man. We should go after Greg Oden next year. We have a really good med staff (see: Wade) and he would be in good hands. Meanwhile, nobody would score **** on us. Greg Oden's giant spider arms would destroy nurgs in the paint, and if they try to double clutch underneath, Oden can whip out his huge tallywhacker and smack **** out of play.

ESPN Report: Greg Oden(C, Miami Heat) is out for the season. He is scheduled to have a microfracture surgery on his tallywacker tomorrow.

Edit: Well.... looks like NBA already made up their mind on who's going to win this game. :lol: Classic Durant sweep. One of the cheapest offensive move there is, and for the one hundredth time, they give it to him without hesitation.

Next player who does this should be 🤬

And Ginobili's barely stable screen is a offensive foul, but it's perfectly stable at the other end of the court. Get the 🤬 outta here, NBA.

Last edited:
Heard that sound? That's the sound of thunder. Why you hear Thunder in the NBA Finals? That's because half of the NBA Finals is now set- Oklahoma City took down the San Antonio Spurs 107-99. San Antonio just got 86'ed, and OKC will meet the Eastern Conference champs in the NBA Finals.

Surreal feeling right now. :D
They got it now. Miami has potential to be the best team by far, but in classic LeBron James-style, only thing you count on with that team is them folding. I think Boston's too old, and not big enough. Doc is a good coach though, he might win them couple of games.

I have so much pleasant things to say about Sonics/Thunder, David Stern, Clay Bennett & that bastard Howard Schultz, but I'll bottle it up for another day. Bottom line, Thunder played hard, and executed when it counted. Spurs, they bricked. Congrats to Thunder, but I still want to punch Fisher & Durant need to stop drawing cheap fouls. I respect him, but he is the last player who needs to do that.

Sorry, congratulations to Thunder, the 2012 NBA Champ. Yaaay.

ESPN Report: Greg Oden(C, Miami Heat) is out for the season. He is scheduled to have a microfracture surgery on his tallywacker tomorrow.

:lol:

It's probably a little early to start making predictions, but I will anyway :P, the Thunder will win the final series against the Celtic's in six. 👍

Last edited:
Greg Oden backing up Bosh would be a neat combo if Heat can go for him.

I'm with Spacegoat on his prediction, OKC in 6.

I think OKC in 4 or 5, judging by form during the entire play-offs.

They got it now. Miami has potential to be the best team by far, but in classic LeBron James-style, only thing you count on with that team is them folding. [...] Sorry, congratulations to Thunder, the 2012 NBA Champ. Yaaay.

...not just yet!

Looks like the Heat man'd up and beat the stuffing out of Boston in Boston. Saturday night determines who'll be playing for an NBA title this Tuesday... and who'll have to settle for next season. Boston Celtics at Miami Heat. Game 7. This Saturday night. Winner advances to play Oklahoma City in the NBA Finals; loser goes home.

HUGE Lakers fan here.. But gotta give props to LBJ for his performance last night. I'm one of those people always making fun of him and such but gotta give props where props are due. He's going to be expected to play great in G7 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back