NBA 2011-2012 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 924 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Heet, indeed. 🤬 Kevin Garnett. He should get his head checked.

The Heat got it easy this season. A hobbled celtics isn't a threat.

The series should be done in 5. As for the West, Spurs in 6.

This is pretty cool if you are a Flaming Lips and OKC Thunder fan.

Neither the Thunder or Flaming Lips rock. That's a fact.

They should play this at the home games though. Spurs will not be able to play basketball with this music or video playing. That's also a fact. :lol:

3:05 I wanted to punch Collison in the face. But you know, he's like 6'11" or something, sooo..... he's bigger than me.

Why does Kendrick Perkins always look like he's mad? He looks like he wants to shank someone on court all the time.

He played with Garnett for awhile. He's probably pretty psychotic by now. By next season for sure.

He played with Garnett for awhile. He's probably pretty psychotic by now. By next season for sure.

I understand the hate people have for Garnett, but I personally love the dude for smack talking. It just shows his competitive side of things.

Yes he does over do it at times, but his team feeds off of his energy.

I understand the hate people have for Garnett, but I personally love the dude for smack talking. It just shows his competitive side of things.

Yes he does over do it at times, but his team feeds off of his energy.
Does he ever get suspended for actually backing up his "talk"? I doubt it.

I'm convinced that he is a black Bill Laimbeer. You don't have to act feisty to be competitive. It's like with dogs. Fear the quiet one that will rip your throat out(TIM DUNCAN!!). Garnett used to be somebody. Now he's a elite PF who acts like a retarded dog.

Does he ever get suspended for actually backing up his "talk"? I doubt it.

I'm convinced that he is a black Bill Laimbeer. You don't have to act feisty to be competitive. It's like with dogs. Fear the quiet one that will rip your throat out(TIM DUNCAN!!). Garnett used to be somebody. Now he's a elite PF who acts like a retarded dog.

It's just their personalities. Besides, for a guy his age, on a team that's old and hobbled, and playing in the ECF where everyone wrote them off after the first week bball finished, you have to credit him for turning back the clock this playoffs.

It's just their personalities. Besides, for a guy his age, on a team that's old and hobbled, and playing in the ECF where everyone wrote them off after the first week bball finished, you have to credit him for turning back the clock this playoffs.
There are a lot to his personality, professionalism , etc. that we can all appreciate. But I'm not gonna B.S. you for one second that his on-court behavior is normal.

You probably played few playground ball, right? How long would you say one can get away with that kind of behavior for? He is a phony. He plays in the NBA, where he can play this fictional character, pretend-tough guy. Take the kid-glove treatment of the NBA away, I guarantee he'd straighten out.

Don't get me wrong, he really is tough. But he plays this over-the-top psycho character, because he can get away with it. I'd love to see him play against someone like our Maurice Lucas of the 70's NBA. Lucas would have made Garnett cry like he did Glen Big Baby Davis, except he might end up in the emergency room.

Edit: OMG, did you guys see Timmy's thunder dunk over Ibaka? Just. Wow. đź‘Ť

Edit2: Was is McLaren who said Tony's too old? He's on FIRE!

Edit3: Hack-a-Shaq on Splitter? How long has this been going on? Are they not worried about foul trouble?

Last edited:
That Hack-A-Shaq was stupid as soon as Splitter was finally knocking down his free throws.

And I don't remember calling Parker old. If I did, I apologize. But, man, what a game. OKC definitely showed their 4th QTR comeback trait, but it wasn't enough because SA wanted it more. Durant had a great dunk, but Manu just spit it back in OKC & Harden's face with that big 3.

And I'm sorry, but Westbrook started to crumble there. He kept going for 3's & other shots, but he couldn't hit shots and he got frustrated with fouls.

I was kidding about Parker, Mac. I'm the one who was talking about them as they will have trouble keeping up with OKC. :lol:

That third quarter was one, long, highlight reel. That was the best offense I've seen from the Spurs, or anybody for that matter in awhile. Of course, anything works when everything you throw up's going in.

OKC made excellent adjustment, started effectively disrupting the passing lane, and they really started knocking down shots down at the other end.

OKC is used to officiating going their way, but if there was one team that gets more calls their way than them, it would be the Spurs. I thought the way the game was officiated made it just about impossible for the OKC to win tonight.

God, Parker was just beautiful. And I loved seeing my boy Manu just going crazy out there. đź‘Ť

Edit: Yeah, Westbrook had another poor showing. I hope he keeps it up, but once we are in OKC, mark my words, it will be a different ball game. Of course, I love what we are seeing from the Spurs so far. You just gotta keep at it with this team though. You lax for too long against Thunder, they will put you away. But again, Spurs made the key adjustment in the fourth. Go Spurs!

Tonight's the Draft Lottery along with Boston at Miami. The Heat lead 1-0. Good luck to both teams tonight. Put on a great show.

Lottery, now we are talking! Go Blazers! We can beat San Antonio or Thunder at this game! :P

Holy crap, the Hornets won the lottery? :eek: YES! YES! YES! :D:tup:

I feel for those Bobcat fans though, they really should have won.

Last edited:
Tell me the Nets dropped below 4. We could get their pick, but it's Top-3 protected. :nervous:

Edit: Blazers get #6(from NJ/Brooklyn) & #11. Blazers better not mess this up, but we still can't even hire a GM over one year later, so I'm not holding my breath. đź‘Ž

Link to the full rundown.

Last edited:
I was just about to post that a6, damn my slow typing. :lol:

Anyway the Hornets have #10 pick as well.

God, too bad they don't have Chris Paul anymore, huh? I still don't get why you guys like such an weird team. Why don't you become a Blazer fan? Blazers are awesome. Awesome at sucking really bad!

God, too bad they don't have Chris Paul anymore, huh? I still don't get why you guys like such an weird team.

Please, I've been a Hornets fan since the early '90's, I even had a Alonzo Mourning jersey back in the day. :lol:
Blazers are awesome

Does not compute.
Awesome at sucking really bad!

That's much more like it. :lol:

Please, I've been a Hornets fan since the early '90's, I even had a Alonzo Mourning jersey back in the day. :lol:
I can respect that. I used to be a Larry Johnson fan back in the day. Back in the day as the Charlotte Hornets days. They were fun to watch with Kendall Gill, Mugsy, Zo Mourning, LJ, and I think it was Dell Curry. Good old days of basketball! New Orleans suck. :D

You know you should be a Heat fan. Mourning is a legendary Heat. And we're winning.

The only cool thing about the Hornets is the owner's yacht docked near me.

Anyway, was at a bar for the game and there were about 5 huge, short, 300+ lb solid muscle, loud, obnoxious Heat fans and it was hilarious. Rondo is such a bastard. Heat would've won that game easily if their shooting percentage wasn't face-eating garbage.

Oh, god. They lost!? :rolleyes: I do want the Heat in this series of two teams I hate. :lol:
*Edit - You tricked me, they didn't win "easily", but they did win. Phew. đź‘Ť I saw the box. I saw Rondo's numbers. He is crazy. CRAZY!

I used to love Heat back in the day(here we go again). 'Zo, Tim Hardaway, Glen Rice, etc., etc., but before Shaq, and most definitely before LeBron James. :yuck:

Last edited:

Aww man having a jersey like that would be so awesome.

I still need to get one myself :P

We're gonna have a interesting combo with the bigs if we draft Davis along with some good players off the bench.

You know you should be a Heat fan. Mourning is a legendary Heat. And we're winning.

Thanks Omnis, but I'll respectfully decline that offer. ;)
Glen Rice

If my memory is right Glen Rice played for the Hornets as well. That makes him even more awesome.
Aww man having a jersey like that would be so awesome.

I got it as christmas present when I was 9 or 10, even though it wouldn't fit me these days, I kinda wish I still had it. :lol:
We're gonna have a interesting combo with the bigs if we draft Davis along with some good players off the bench.

Davis is a lock at #1. I'm really interested to see who they draft at #10, a PG maybe?

Last edited:
You guys know you can still get retro jerseys? I'm not sure where though.

Edit: I can't say I'm totally amused with the 8th pick (a spot the Raptors seem glued to), disappointing that both the Kings and Warriors got higher picks, but it's still entirely possible to draft a gem from down there, plus we have Valenciunas coming in and Colangelo has made it evident the Raptors also hope to add talent from free agency this year.

Last edited:
Look at the Wizards, fans of the team must be excited given they have John Wall, Nene and now the 3rd overall pick.
Edit: Is there anywhere I can check on upcoming free agents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back