NBA 2011-2012 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 924 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals tonight: Spurs at Thunder. In this battle of two of the NBA's finest teams based in the Mid-South, Thunder basically have to win this game to extend this series unless OKC is just done. Good luck to both teams (even speaking as a Rockets fan).

I'm not calling either series over, but if the NBA Finals came down to the Thunder and the Heat (assuming OKC takes down SA in their series), home court is going to be a HUGE advantage because it's tough to win either in Oklahoma City or Miami. But again- neither series is over until they are actually over.

A shame when a team has to battle against the opposing team and the refs.

Other words, typical NBA game. :dopey: I used to take the game seriously, but the NBA, if the league bias doesn't get you, their incompetence will. As a fan of a small market team, that kind of treatment, we are pretty used to.

Edit: Many people I've spoken with thinks Spurs will take one of the games at OKC. If they are, I don't think it will be the first one there(Game 3). Then again, never say never.

Last edited:
Other words, typical NBA game. :dopey: I used to take the game seriously, but the NBA, if the league bias doesn't get you, their incompetence will. As a fan of a small market team, that kind of treatment, we are pretty used to.

Edit: Many people I've spoken with thinks Spurs will take one of the games at OKC. If they are, I don't think it will be the first one there(Game 3). Then again, never say never.
It doesn't look like it, but then again, Spurs can still rally back if they want to. I didn't think they could get take both either, though.

SPLAT! That was the sound when San Antonio hit the deck in Oklahoma City. The 102-82 thrashing of the Spurs was a much-needed win for OKC. And I tell you- playing at Oklahoma City is like the NBA version of playing at Cameron Indoor Stadium against Duke. Game 4 is Saturday night. Oh... and say goodbye to that 20-game winning streak for the Spurs as well.

It doesn't look like it, but then again, Spurs can still rally back if they want to. I didn't think they could get take both either, though.
Although they lost, you are right, Spurs has excelled at making adjustments, enabling them to comeback, or closeout some tough games.

I watched little of it of this game, but it didn't look like Spurs were much of threat past the very first quarter(after starting 0-8!). I could have bet money that they would lose the Game 3, but not like this. Very disappointing as a Spurs fan. :grumpy:

And as John said, the notable 20, or 10 game Playoff win streak is over. Very sad.

Wow, interesting mock draft that NBA has up on their site

Link

Apparently Hornets are gonna take a risk pick with Drummond? We don't need another centre.

The risk pick. Drummond has a package of talent, NBA size after one college season and athleticism that should put him in the top three. But no motor.

What does that mean? I don't know anything about college ball. :dopey: This guy's mentioned in the #6 Blazer pick as well.

Stavingo
Wow, interesting mock draft that NBA has up on their site

Link

Apparently Hornets are gonna take a risk pick with Drummond? We don't need another centre.

I doubt Drummond will fall that far due to his potential. But if he does and the Hornets pick him, we will be contenders a few years from now. A lineup of Jarrett Jack at the point, Eric Gordon at the two, Ariza at small forward, and then Davis and Drummond as the big men. That would be something special

Again, I don't know Jack(not Jarret) about college ball, but from what I've seen on youtube(I know, I know...), I like the two kids from UNC. I think Zeller & Henson. One looks like Larry Bird around the basket(but no range), the other one was very active blocking and dunking everything. One that looked convincingly good was Thomas Robinson. :eek: Looked NBA-ready, but again, they are youtube highlights. :dopey:
Cheers for that, there are a lot of free agents this year but I don't see any of significance the Raptors could legitimately hope to pick up.
Trades, bro. Trades. Come the off-season, the draft, there will be movements, with or without being under contract!

Again, I don't know Jack(not Jarret) about college ball, but from what I've seen on youtube(I know, I know...), I like the two kids from UNC. I think Zeller & Henson. One looks like Larry Bird around the basket(but no range), the other one was very active blocking and dunking everything. One that looked convincingly good was Thomas Robinson. :eek: Looked NBA-ready, but again, they are youtube highlights. :dopey:

Watched a highlight film of Drummond ages, all I remember his him ripping a PG on an iso.

If he goes to the right team he can be a real force in the NBA (IMO)

A shame when a team has to battle against the opposing team and the refs.

Don't go cherry-picking now. The refs made bad calls for both sides. Same thing with Indiana.

Again, I don't know Jack(not Jarret) about college ball,

th

I know nothing about college ball either. In fact if it wasn't for Sportscenter, I'd nothing about Anthony Davis. :lol:

Last edited:
I did not know Anthony Davis was rocking a unibrow until Kentucky played in the Final. :odd:

I didn't know who it was until Brett mentioned the unibrow. I think he was on Jimmy Kimmel awhile back, he said that's his trademark. 👍
I got this autograph on my Blazer hat! It also has LaMarcus Aldridges', and next week, hopefully Mike Rice, Blazers TV analysts'. I'm a long time fan of his.

Obviously there aren't any Celtic fans on GTP, no one has mentioned them winning game 3 yet. :lol: a6's boy Garnett had a big game.

109-103; Thunder have evened the series at 2-2. An inconsequential three-pointer by SA to end the game ends up having the series deadlocked at 2-2. Game 5 is Monday in San Antonio. This could be huge psychologically whomever takes Game 5, because Game 6 means the Game 5 loser will have to force a Game 7 to have one last chance at making the NBA Finals (at this stage).

Again- Thunder win.

The Thunder were power jammin that game.:eek:

So..... who wants to talk more about the NBA Draft, huh???? Pffft... Playoffs, who cares! :sly:

I want to talk more about it, since the Raptors need a good player out of it.:P But I don't know what's to be said until workouts, games and draft night happens.:boggled:

We can talk about Playoffs again after another Spurs win. This might not happen for some time.

Seriously though, last two games, that's the Thunder I expected to see. However, last two games, the Spurs I expected to see have disappeared. This tend to happen when you are overmatched........ :nervous:

We can talk about Playoffs again after another Spurs win. This might not happen for some time.

Seriously though, last two games, that's the Thunder I expected to see. However, last two games, the Spurs I expected to see have disappeared. This tend to happen when you are overmatched........ :nervous:

Hmm, well I believe whoever wins the next game will have that series wrapped up.

The ball was metal and TD Garden has repulsive magnets around their hoops.

My uncle is better from beyond the arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back