Need help with PC#2. *Update 3/27/14* No luck. I am done.

Good thing about it would be that it gives you options on playing all PC games at very high settings so if you ever wanted to play say some of the new PC sims, it should run it comfortably.

I had a quick look on Best Buy and most of the graphics card that are low profile seem quite old, the one I linked to if you want to spend the extra money on is the most powerful one on there. If you don't want that capability then best to buy from online some retailers with newer GPU technology, something like this will do a good job and take very little power to run: Link
UPDATE:

This is where I am at with this situation. I checked Best Buy and they don't have ANY video cards PC#2 can run. They all require at least 400 watt power supply.

SO I think I am going to try the graphics card @Saidur_Ali suggested. It recommends 300w power supply and seems to be a direct plug in. PLease asap everyone let me know if this seems to be the best option for me for PC#2. If it is I will order asap! Or should I get one that requires even less power supply??

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D8Q3P0A/?tag=gtplanet-20

card.png

This one is $59.99 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DDXQMSA/?tag=gtplanet-20

Last edited:
IF, I repeat IF the card works with your PSU, yoa are going to be very happy with it. My Laptop has a GT630M, which is way worse than the desktop version and it runs e.g. Minecraft at quite high settings.

IF, I repeat IF the card works with your PSU, yoa are going to be very happy with it. My Laptop has a GT630M, which is way worse than the desktop version and it runs e.g. Minecraft at quite high settings.
I don't like the word "IF". Is there a slower PCI express card that we KNOW will work with PC#2? I think we are getting closer but the "IF" has me nervous.
I can buy it from newegg, amazon, doesn't really matter. Just need something I know will work.

I don't like the word "IF". Is there a slower PCI express card that we KNOW will work with PC#2? I think we are getting closer but the "IF" has me nervous.
I can buy it from newegg, amazon, doesn't really matter. Just need something I know will work.
With IF I meant that I have no idea if it will work with your PSU, not that I do not think that it will work...

However, you could also look at the GT 620...

Last edited:
With IF I meant that I have no idea if it will work with your PSU, not that I do not think that it will work...

However, you could also look at the GT 620...
The GT620 needs a minimum of 350 watts. The GT630 recommends 300w which means it will run off of less than 300w. Keep in mind my power supply is only about 220w.

So far it sounds like the GT630 is my best option for PC#2 unless someone else says otherwise. I would like to decide by the end of the day so I can get this ordered.

The GT620 needs a minimum of 350 watts. The GT630 recommends 300w which means it will run off of less than 300w. Keep in mind my power supply is only about 220w.

So far it sounds like the GT630 is my best option for PC#2 unless someone else says otherwise. I would like to decide by the end of the day so I can get this ordered.
GT 630, the one I linked to is Kepler which is based on 28nm Node and latest architecture for that range so it will be better for power consumption. Anything below it is not worth getting for the money and this graphics card still gives you option of playing all the latest PC games. Also it has same PCI Express 2.0 as your motherboard, sometimes some motherboards have compatibility issues with PCI-E 3.0, maybe that is why your new AMD card didn't work properly or could be some BIOS setttings. Best thing about Nvidia now is Shadowplay so can record gameplay footage effortlessly. Saw someone with a 220w PSU Acer PC run this card on YouTube,

Last edited:
Bought the GT 630! :D Estimated delivery date 3/27/14.

EDIT: this has been cancelled and I bought directly from Amazon. Will deliver it on the 25th.

Last edited:
Too late. Bought it for $78.19. The part number seemed to be different and I didn't want to risk it. No big deal.

Too late. Bought it for $78.19. The part number seemed to be different and I didn't want to risk it. No big deal.
It is same part number, normally you can cancel on Amazon as long as it has not dispatched yet. It is better to buy from Amazon direct than some marketplace seller.

It is same part number, normally you can cancel on Amazon as long as it has not dispatched yet. It is better to buy from Amazon direct than some marketplace seller.
Okay I sent an email to cancel the other order and ordered directly from Amazon via post #71 for $59.99. Hopefully its not too late for the other order to cancel.

It had me send a cancellation email to the seller. Hopefully that works, otherwise, I just bought 2 of these cards.

Yep, that'll do just fine.

*edit*
And here are your drivers. http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/73780/en-us

I would recommend you deselect GeForce Experience from the install options.
I would recommend to keep GeForce Experience on as it has the ShadowPlay feature.

Okay I sent an email to cancel the other order and ordered directly from Amazon via post #71 for $59.99. Hopefully its not too late for the other order to cancel.
As @TB mentioned, try and cancel it on order history page if there is cancellation button. Just saw your post, if it is email only then best of luck. Hopefully they cancel like a good seller should allow. Worst case scenario you have to to return it for refund, shame Amazon took the offer off for the $10 coupon they had yesterday on the graphics card, otherwise it would have been $49.99. Still a good buy at $59.99.

Last edited:
Order was successfully cancelled on the GT 630 from the wrong place. The GT 630 directly from Amazon is all set to go. Estimated delivery date 3/25/14.

Shadowplay is really such a great feature. I don't know how they make it work so well but it blows FRAPS out of the water.
They use the dedicated video encoder on the GPU from Kepler GPU onwards with a very small hit in performance, FRAPS is better quality but it requires a fast HDD as it is in a uncompressed format to minimise stress on CPU. Something like Mirillis Action! has been around for a while and did a good job using GPU for encoding on the fly especially for Intel laptops with Nvidia Optimus technology so you could use the Intel GPU to record and still get same GPU performance from main Nvidia graphics. Hopefully AMD start getting something like ShadowPlay.

@CAMAROBOY69
If you have problems with installing the drivers with this card, try going in to the BIOS (tap F10 or whatever it tells you at the start up screen to enter setup) and go to Advanced Settings and check what the video preference setting is set to - I only just had an issue installing a Radeon card in to my partner's HP, it would display an image fine but I couldn't install any drivers. I solved it by changing that setting in the BIOS from PCI to PCI-E, and the drivers installed straight away.

Don't wanna be smartass here, but haven't you thought about buying new computer/parts?
With a little money used you could get a lot better computer if you would take some parts from your old ones.
You could use case from PC#1, RAM and HDD from your PC#2.
So you would need to buy only motherboard, CPU(with integrated gpu) and PSU.
And later, when you get more money you could buy faster RAM and better GPU for pci-e, if needed.
Price for those parts? (MB,CPU,PSU)
Maybe 230$ new ones and used ones even less.
And there would more performance than with your current sets.
Also upgrading the set would be easier in the future.
Think about it. :cheers:

Last edited:
ShadowPlay only wors with GTX650+...
... and will never work with anything lower-tier than that, because lesser cards lack the H.264 encoder present on 650+ :)
Not true, may not work officially but can work by adding -shadowplay to shortcut of Geforce Experience application. Nvidia should really give option as standard for all systems that support it no matter what CPU and GPU you got as long as GPU has Kepler architecture as minimum requirement.

@NMKH91

He only wants to run some old games, second PC is quite decent and should make for a decent low power consumption gaming PC, maybe about 90 Watts full CPU and GPU load. Also it is a low cost upgrade and should even be able to play most of the modern games too reasonably well at lower resolutions.

Not true, may not work officially but can work by adding -shadowplay to shortcut of Geforce Experience application.
I highly doubt it as Kepler's H.264 encoder is hardware-level not driver-level, and no command line option can counteract the lack of physical hardware...

Back