Need help with PC#2. *Update 3/27/14* No luck. I am done.

How did you go?
Not good. It gets to this start up menu and does not continue. Then eventually beeps and then I lose image completely. I even made sure the suggested bios settings were enabled and it still didnt work. I also tried with and without the disc with no luck. :guilty:

IMG_20140325_192713.jpg
IMG_20140325_191146.jpg
IMG_20140325_200210.jpg
IMG_20140325_183108.jpg

Disable PXE boot. Don't boot with the disc in the drive.

What other options are there in the bios Advanced menu?

Disable PXE boot. Don't boot with the disc in the drive.

What other options are there in the bios Advanced menu?
-Where is the "PXE boot" option?
-I will try booting without the disc. I think I already tried that but will try again.
-No idea about other options. Will have to check tonight.

Oh you want that disabled? I guess I misunderstood post #95 that said to enable that. Just for the record it was already enabled.

That's PCI-E, different to PXE.

It should be disabled really but if it was enabled before, it's probably not causing any issue.

It differs with almost every manufacturers BIOS. Some more pictures would be helpful but I would imagine it's under Advanced somewhere.

Any other advice or suggestions? Otherwise this is it. I will return the card and just leave the pc the way it is.

Don't give up so easily! It's highly unlikely it won't work (although not impossible). Can you post more pictures of the BIOS?

Don't give up so easily! It's highly unlikely it won't work (although not impossible). Can you post more pictures of the BIOS?
I wouldn't say I am "giving up so easily". Been at this for 2 straight weeks with 2 different computers. I will try to post some random pics of the bios tonight.

Last edited:
Yeah but you've had one try with this card.

Stupid question but, you are connecting the monitor/tv to the card and not the on board port right?

Yeah but you've had one try with this card.

Stupid question but, you are connecting the monitor/tv to the card and not the on board port right?
Yes. I actually have 2 cables hooked up to my 40" Sony HDTV from PC#2.
1. DVI cable from MOBO converted to HDMI to tv.
2. HDMI cable from new card to tv.

Last edited:
That won't work. Normally when there is a connection to the mobo port it will disable the PCI and vice versa. Only use one at a time.

Okay. Last night I started with just the HDMI port from the new card but nothing worked. No image and only a beep. So then went to having both hooked up. DVI from mobo and HDMI from new card.

I guess I will start all over again tonight with just HDMI from card and see how it goes. Seems like when I tried that the pc didn't respond to me at all. It said to hit esc for start menu but didn't respond then later screen went black. But when I hooked in the mobo dvi it worked and allowed me to get to the bios screen. :dunce:

Last edited:
If the BIOS does need to be changed, you'll need to boot with onboard graphics, make the change, then try with the card.

So how exactly should I start this process tonight? Start with onboard card, check bios, then go from there?? When I had the card in there, the pc would not get past the start menu. As soon as I remove the card, the pc works properly. Hope that info helps.

If that's the case, start without the card, go in to the bios, and show us some of the menu options.

*edit*
I've been looking for some screenshots of your mobo's bios and while I haven't found the exact one, this is what it looks like on similar one.

bios211.jpg

This is also under Advanced.

Yours seems to have drop down menus instead.

Last edited:
I'm concerned it may not work regarding symptoms you described. Motherboard has compatability issues with some graphics cards, it is a shame if it doesn't work. I don't think power supply was an issue with first graphics card. As it allowed you to boot further, if there is an option to select graphics from IGP to PCI-E then that would give hope of getting graphics card working. Only other option to get it working is to replace motherboard with another one which will cost about $40 for board. Will give option then to upgrade CPU to an Ivy Bridge CPU to lower power consumption further. Gives upgrade possiblities of keeping up with modern graphics cards improvements too, it won't take long to get a low profile graphics more powerful than one in PS4 too.

Other option would be if there is option to enable PCI-E for Graphics then to get a graphics card like one that you got first which managed to boot up. 7750 is optimistic target of it working, the GT 610 I have seen a YouTube video of someone with it running on same PC as yours so it has got a chance of it working but it is disappointing to get an older higher power consuming GPU with worse performance, price is reasonable though. Link

Latest Posts

Back