New trailer - Acura NSX concept + Seattle

• Thread starter sokira
  • 435 comments
Sorry, but that's what happens when we're all posting at the same time. :P

True :sly:

Some interior shots of the NSX

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

Hello all, long thread...where are we at now? Feels like major updates coming even if its a video, some things feel fresher than we have in GT5 spec II. Hopes up for spec III soon.

I didn't read all 18 pages, but can the rock-photo/location be on El Capitan ? That location is full of mountains and rocks ? Otherwise maybe a rocky-formation near the Willow-springs track that's spotted ?

Someone said in the comments at the news page that "it will be" a 5 track pack.

Of course, its just speculation for now but I vote for:

Willow Springs
Seattle Circuit
Apricot Hill
El Capitain
Midfield Raceway

That is a dream make true. I miss Midfield, Seattle and El Cap. so much that I play GTPSP from time to time to revisit them.

Of course, speculation atm.

From the tracks mentioned or videos posted we have the following to choose from,

Bathurst
Silverstone
Willow Springs
Apricot Hill
Seattle

Can you imagine if we got all those as a DLC pack. I would pay good money for them :) Probably not going to happen but one can live in hope.

They would be bonkers to give out Bathurst and Silverstone as DLC instead of using the big hitters to promote GT6.

They would be bonkers to give out Bathurst and Silverstone as DLC instead of using the big hitters to promote GT6.

Quite possibly, especially when they would be new tracks to Gran Turismo and would be a big selling point for any new game. I suppose they gave us Spa but it was early on in GT5 life cycle.

Quite possibly, especially when they would be new tracks to Gran Turismo and would be a big selling point for any new game. I suppose they gave us Spa but it was early on in GT5 life cycle.

Indeed, the numbers playing the game back then would have been much higher, it doesn't make sense to me to give away two big name tracks as DLC over two years into a game, especially if you have the sequel planned within 18 months.

SimonK
Indeed, the numbers playing the game back then would have been much higher, it doesn't make sense to me to give away two big name tracks as DLC over two years into a game, especially if you have the sequel planned within 18 months.

I actually don't see any problem with the idea. I think anyone that would support a game by buying dlc 2 years after release probably would buy the sequel no matter what. ;)
Plus extra money by giving those who can't wait a chance to play it.

I actually don't see any problem with the idea. I think anyone that would support a game by buying dlc 2 years after release probably would buy the sequel no matter what. ;)
Plus extra money by giving those who can't wait a chance to play it.

Yes but what about the people not playing it anymore? A large chunk of people need "20 BRAND NEW TRACKS INCLUDING THE FAMOUS BATHURST" type marketing thrown at them to get interested in games. They don't read in depth what a new game has to offer, they look at the bullet points and pictures of new content.

Numbers and names sell games like this so if you're releasing a sequel you want as many new numbers and big names as possible. It's like if they got a Porsche license tomorrow and released it as DLC for GT5, they couldn't then market GT6 with the big "FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, PORSCHE CARS!" banners.

SimonK
Yes but what about the people not playing it anymore? A large chunk of people need "20 BRAND NEW TRACKS INCLUDING THE FAMOUS BATHURST" type marketing thrown at them to get interested in games. They don't read in depth what a new game has to offer, they look at the bullet points and pictures of new content.

Numbers and names sell games like this so if you're releasing a sequel you want as many new numbers and big names as possible. It's like if they got a Porsche license tomorrow and released it as DLC for GT5, they couldn't then market GT6 with the big "FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, PORSCHE CARS!" banners.

You can spin anything to say whatever you want.
For a company that counts a track forward, reverse, and raining as three tracks... I think they can spin it.
All they need to say is "For the first time ever 20 new tracks included with GT6"
Because they weren't included before...

Maybe but people aren't stupid and we have the internet, you can't say Bathurst is there for the first time in GT when it's been DLC 6 months earlier or whatever.

I just think with the obvious lower player base now tracks like that will be more valuable and worthwhile being new in GT6.

Plus we don't even know if Bathurst or Silverstone are anywhere near finished of course. The tracks we've seen in these trailers might not even be having not seen them all but you would assume they are.

OK so back on topic now
@ 1:52 -1:57 on the clip there is a night scene with lightened trees If Im not totaly wrong thats must be SSR 11 which was in GT3 ~keeps fingers crossed~
@ 2:05 the car races trough a tunel at which end is a left hand high banked turn -Spceial Stage X Road Course, that be realy awsum ~keeps hopes up~
just my two cents

I think you give the average person too much credit. The marketing teams don't ;)
You were talking about people looking at bullet points or back of the box. Those people don't search the net to see if its BS. That kind of stuff flies all the time. It doesn't have to be true ... it just has to be made to seem true if you work really hard.
Just a quick example using a few games I pulled out. None of them are exclusive ... but all three say "Only On Playstation" on the cover
CAM00333.jpg

I get your point, we'll see I guess.

OK so back on topic now
@ 1:52 -1:57 on the clip there is a night scene with lightened trees If Im not totaly wrong thats must be SSR 11 which was in GT3 ~keeps fingers crossed~
@ 2:05 the car races trough a tunel at which end is a left hand high banked turn -Spceial Stage X Road Course, that be realy awsum ~keeps hopes up~
just my two cents

1:52 is SSR5, there are lighted trees already on that route on the last few corners.

2:05 I don't think the tunnel is related to SSRX and I'd be amazed if we saw anything like that in game, that screams promo section for video to me.

I think you give the average person too much credit. The marketing teams don't ;)
You were talking about people looking at bullet points or back of the box. Those people don't search the net to see if its BS. That kind of stuff flies all the time. It doesn't have to be true ... it just has to be made to seem true if you work really hard.
Just a quick example using a few games I pulled out. None of them are exclusive ... but all three say "Only On Playstation" on the cover
CAM00333.jpg

Yea the features are exclusive.. like it states there..

Back