Non-linear throttle

Is it just me, or the throttle mapping has become linear?
My g29 is different on the amount I press and the amount it appears on the screen. Like, linear.

They changed the throttle mapping quite a few updates ago. For me on my CSL Elite Pedals the throttle mapping is very close to linear when comparing the in-game throttle indicator vs the Fanatec software.

I wonder if some pedal manufacturers have non-linear throttle pedals that games have to counteract to get a linear pedal?

Is it just me, or the throttle mapping has become linear?
My g29 is different on the amount I press and the amount it appears on the screen. Like, linear.

I haven't done any testing, but it does feel a bit different as of the last update. I'm a controller user and I drive the Ferrari Gr.3 often -- I noticed after the update it doesn't feel quite as twitchy and ready to spin in first gear with quick throttle applications. But I could be imagining things.

My apologies if this has been said already.

The clutch in this game is atrocious! ( - along with the throttle!)

It’s an awesome game spoilt by this amateur attempt at pedal control.

I have to periodically go back to Assetto Corsa to get a ‘fix’ of half-decent pedal response!

‘Heel-toe-ing’ is virtually impossible in GT Sport.

I don't think it is a problem, I actually loved it.

Five pages of discussion would suggest otherwise

Whilst there are definitely issues with throttle (and possibly traction control) simply complaining isn't going to achieve much. Identify, adapt , overcome. Knowing the shortcomings just adapt your style or its the very definition of insanity - endlessly repeating the same process expecting a different result! I've changed how I drive and I'm faster better and less prone to bumping etc....

Did I ever say I was giving up? We're trying to work with it, and that's the point. It shouldn't be something to have to work with. And that's just because we're aware of it. Think of all the others that aren't and have no idea why their tried and true muscle memory throttle movements aren't working right. I'm glad I found this thread so I know I'm not crazy and everyone else sees the same issue.

Whilst there are definitely issues with throttle (and possibly traction control) simply complaining isn't going to achieve much. Identify, adapt , overcome. Knowing the shortcomings just adapt your style or its the very definition of insanity - endlessly repeating the same process expecting a different result! I've changed how I drive and I'm faster better and less prone to bumping etc....

Ever hear about the squeaky wheel?

Ever hear about the squeaky wheel?
Not when the sound bug bites. :sly:

I'm one that can flow with changes but this issue is like if PD decided that turning the wheel left makes the car go right. Why change something that has worked in the past and works in just about every other racing game out there? If nothing else, I want an answer on why they went this direction.

It's so bad on the D4. It feels like the last 80% of the throttle is in the last 20% of the trigger's travel.

It is also a fault on Sony side. The DS4 is a huge improvement over previous DS3, however Sony always has to catch up MS on the controller design and its features. No matter what, Xbox controllers are always a step ahead.

For example this generation controllers (on MS side) feature vibration on the triggers which is greatly beneficial in driving games (without mentioning a much better handling and control feeling of sticks and triggers, as usual).

Will Sony’s monkeys finally be able to design a controller up to competitor’s standards?

Yes so be careful of what you say or they’ll delete your garage
Not my multiple daily car Samba Buses! :scared:

Wish I could say I have any sway in being able to draw more attention to this. Best I can do is I'm speaking as someone that has played Gran Turismo since the first one and attended one GT Academy Final in the States (but not advancing) while fast enough to qualify for another. Had I've been part of the beta and noticed this change then, I would've brought that up back then. As it stands, I think people have already become adjusted to this and while I can try to compensate on my end, this is a change I just cannot support.

A small update to this matter: Gr.2 cars and tire wear.

Long story short, I recently raced the Gr.2 GT-R at Nurburgring GP with fuel and wear on. Earlier, I did Suzuka races with no wear and had a blast. Nurb was not as enjoyable. Lots of corners where you're in lower gears and the car will snap loose if you're not careful. I should be able to modulate the gas to both get through the corners without too much drama while ensuring I don't chew up the rears.

But GT Sport doesn't make this easy, at all.

In the biggest eye opener for that race, I needed power mode 2 to conserve gas in my second stint. Even though I had yet another full fuel tank, I ran almost a second faster than my prior fast lap. Why? I was more confident with the gas since the car was providing less power overall and therefore not trying to snap around as much. I find that rather baffling that it worked out that way. It might be a viable strategy to try something like this if you're really struggling for time but of course, this shouldn't be necessary in the first place.

As for tire wear, let's just say the throttle curve doesn't help in conservation efforts. It makes driving certain cars prone to chewing up the rears crippled at the end of a stint. Initial impressions is that MR cars are hit harder.

I am surprised more people are not complaining about the non linear throttle. It makes it very awkward playing gt sport when every other driving game with my t3pa pro pedals have the correct linear progression. At least give us an option to calibrate pedals.

Guys if you want to test what the DS4 would feel like with full control over throttle/brake inputs (without the controller filtering):

Start a session with your wheel, stop your car somewhere, leave your wheel on, turn DS4 on, and you will have full control over the throttle/brake inputs. You cannot steer though.

It’s interesting.

Guys if you want to test what the DS4 would feel like with full control over throttle/brake inputs (without the controller filtering):

Start a session with your wheel, stop your car somewhere, leave your wheel on, turn DS4 on, and you will have full control over the throttle/brake inputs. You cannot steer though.

It’s interesting.

The next step is to build a contraption so that your unplugged pedals will push the DS4 buttons!

There you have it, a linear throttle solution!

They could keep it non linear on the controller and just give us the option for linear throttle to wheel users. It seems like it would be an easy thing to fix. Why make gt sport so different to drive compared to other racing games?

They could keep it non linear on the controller and just give us the option for linear throttle to wheel users. It seems like it would be an easy thing to fix. Why make gt sport so different to drive compared to other racing games?

PD put this non-linear throttle in the game purposely, to level the playing field between controller and FFB wheel.

Throttle control is a wheel's biggest advantage, and PD nerfed it.

Yes, the controller's is non-linear as well, however the travel on the controller is so short it doesn't make much of a difference. This pedal absolutely killed wheels..

It might be me but I am feeling like the throttle mapping is much better now? Before I couldn't get between 50% and 100% as there was so little pedal travel to cover this range. But now I feel like I can kinda feather the throttle better, I can hit 80% throttle for example which was impossible before.

Using t3pa (non pro)

I don't think it made any difference but I also changed my controller sensitivity to -2

Back