North Korea, Sanctions, and Kim Jong-un

The sight of B-2's would not make him think twice ?
The threat of China ... telling him to back off would not make him think twice ?
Well, let's see here: those B-2 bombers have flown over the Korean peninsula. And China sent a clear message that they have lost patience when they backed the UN sanctions.

I can see how you would think how either of these events might make Kim back down - but he only issued his latest round of threats and upped the readiness level of his rocket forces in the time since the fly-over and the sanctions coming into effect. So apparently neither of them have made him think twice.

After all, he did say that if the Americans went ahead with their annual drills, it would be interpreted as an act of war. The Americans carried out those drills - that's what the B-2 bombers were - and now he's upped the response level of the artillery forces.

We can't figure out what you are saying, if it's that NK has a military to equal the U.S. then yeah that would be why the laughter.

Why are you assuming that the North's soldiers are poorly trained and equipped? Becaue they're still using weapons that were designed sixty years ago? It might be a problem if they were using weapons that were built sixty years ago, but they're not.

By God, you're right! Know what? I'm going to shoot up a police station tomorrow with a slingshot. Don't worry though, I built it only yesterday.

Because they are? They follow Soviet-style doctrine for crying out loud! The AKM, RPK, DShK and the vast majority of their other weapons are ridiculously outdated, no matter how recently they were manufactured. Half of their weaponary is from the 1960's, the other half is from even earlier. It doesn't take a genius to work out that equipment that old won't stand a change against the stuff that the South and the U.S have.

This is truth.
Let me ask you a question prisonermonkeys. Have you ever served in the military ? Have you ever dawned that uniform proudly ? Have you ever been on foreign soil and and literally laughed inside of yourself as to what weapons some of these countries have after seeing them ? It's a 50's circus show ... seriously. Meanwhile, back at the factory, N.K. has just put the finishing touches on an old T59, they are getting her ready for some action.

If the US decides to have war with NK, then it will be one of the most tense wars in history. Two of the most powerful military's clashing.

One of the most tense wars in history, the U.S. -vs- N.K. (round two) ? NOT. Also, I think you mean the U.S.and China. N.K. has nothing of serious offense to place a wager on.

Well, let's see here: those B-2 bombers have flown over the Korean peninsula. And China sent a clear message that they have lost patience when they backed the UN sanctions.

I can see how you would think how either of these events might make Kim back down - but he only issued his latest round of threats and upped the readiness level of his rocket forces in the time since the fly-over and the sanctions coming into effect. So apparently neither of them have made him think twice.

After all, he did say that if the Americans went ahead with their annual drills, it would be interpreted as an act of war. The Americans carried out those drills - that's what the B-2 bombers were - and now he's upped the response level of the artillery forces.

And Jong had nothing to do with the U.S. performing a flyover did he ? I'm feeling safe in saying that he is thinking ... hard. Then again, he is mentally unstable, he can't think. He acts without thinking ... bad move bud.

The recent acts of which Jong has performed lately do not qualify as an act of war ? What's good for the goose is good for the gander, eh ?

EDIT:
North Korea does have a good supply of "stuff". Don't underestimate your enemies. Civies wouldn't understand, of course.

There would not be a conventional war though, think about it for 1/2 a second. I've already said it twice, there would be very little mercy.

You think war is funny?!
I think it's hilarious you considered N. Korea one of the most powerful nations in the world.

N. Korea isn't even in the Top 15 of the most powerful nations, military wise. India & Brazil are more of a threat to us in the regards to war than the North.

EDIT:

There would not be a conventional war though, think about it for 1/2 a second. I've already said it twice, there would be very little mercy.

Right now North Korea can't wage anything but a conventional war, it has nukes that it can't launch!

As for NK having "good stuff"... wat.

I think it's hilarious you considered N. Korea one of the most powerful nations in the world.

N. Korea isn't even in the Top 15 of the most powerful nations, military wise. India & Brazil are more of a threat to us in the regards to war than the North.

:lol: The UCK thought Serbia was a bunch of wussys, but we underestimated them. Remember, Serbia comes from Russia, the second most powerful army. They have war in their blood. Same with NK's.

:lol: The UCK thought Serbia was a bunch of wussys, but we underestimated them. Remember, Serbia comes from Russia, the second most powerful army. They have war in their blood. Same with NK's.

Having "war in your blood" doesn't mean much when an Apache is ripping you and your buddies apart from a few thousand feet.

And Serbia "coming" from Russia has little to nothing to do with their capability to fight a war, nor is it in any way similar to the U.S vs N.K

"I have no idea how I would stop it.

But I certainly wouldn't assume that it would be an inevitable - and therefore acceptable - loss."

No, come on now. You can't act like i'm an animal for stating the truth without giving an alternative.

I never said it was an acceptable loss, so please stop making things up. If N.K shelled Seoul there would be many deaths, arguing with that fact is beyond ignorant.

North Korea's army is nowhere near the same as Russia when it comes to war. Russia has always been a relentless war machine & has always had the technological resources to match the US & China on a global front, hence why it has always been the 2nd/3rd most powerful military nation on the planet.

N. Korea is an underdeveloped country with poor weapons & poor soldiers. Having "war in their blood" does not equate to anything when your enemy can kill you without laying a foot in your nation & you unable to get anywhere near him.

I will not give up this fight! I don't support NK, I'm just saying don't underestimate. Suppose you had a dog. It has the capability of moving a gun off a flat surface, falling down, and maybe shooting you in the foot. You see that nerd that tried out for the (American) football team? He firetrucked the flux capacitor out of a whole line of linebackers.

The technological difference is staggering. Knife to a gun fight is the proper analogy.

The point is that North Korea doesn't have the capability to do anything. Any hostile move it makes will be met by a counter-move that crushes it to the point that it will never threaten anyone ever again.

It would be like the dog trying to shoot you, missing, and then you cutting it open and turning it inside-out while it's still alive.

MarinaDiamandis
prisonermonkey, answer my question please - how would you stop casualties in the event that NK shells Seoul?

I have no idea how I would stop it.

But I certainly wouldn't assume that it would be an inevitable - and therefore acceptable - loss.

I'm pretty sure if NK shells Seoul there is zero way to avoid casualties :rolleyes:

I didn't say there wouldn't be casualites. I said I had no idea how I could stop it from happening, but that I wouldn't consider any civilian deaths to be an acceptable loss simply because they would be an inevitable loss. That was in response to one of MarinaDiamandis' earlier comments.

Back