North Korea threatens with a nuclear strike.

• Thread starter kikie
  • 380 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

kikie

I'm here
Premium
Belgium
in the land of stupidity
North Korea threatens with a nuclear strike. Do you think that North korea will start a 'holy war' using nuclear weapons?

North Korea feels provocated by the US and South Korea due to the military exercises which are being held this weekend in the Japanese sea. China, North Korea's ally, worries!

I don't think it'd start a war.

1. I'm sure we (the US) is watching them closely and any nuclear warheads fired at us or any other country will be destroyed before it can do any harm.

2. USA has the largest stockpile of nuclear arms. I think if any country was dumb enough to fire one at us, they would cease to exist.

1. I'm sure we (the US) is watching them closely and any nuclear warheads fired at us or any other country will be destroyed before it can do any harm.

2. USA has the largest stockpile of nuclear arms. I think if any country was dumb enough to fire one at us, they would cease to exist.

As would most of the world. You are lacking some follow through on your thinking here.

Kikie, source? Or is this just a hypothetical you've come up with?

EDIT, went off and found it on MSNBC.com

N. Korea is just doing what it does, constantly throwing out threats to continue tensions. China would be hesitant to act I feel because they know if we close trade with them due to conflict, their economy will fall apart completely, as the European Union tends to be siding with the US on the N. Korean issue.

Last edited:
South Korea would overrun and destroy North Korea in a month. All they have is weapons. Can't survive with just weapons.

http://freedomsyndicate.com/fair0000/latimes00279.html

Doubts have surfaced in South Korea about North Korea's role in the sinking of the Cheonan. See the story cited above.

Since the North has thousands of heavy artillery pieces dug in overlooking the city of Seoul, any war would be immediately catastrophic for the South.

Likely it is all puff and bluster since no unusual movements have been detected on the part of the North Korean military establishment. I wouldn't get to worrying just yet.

I don't think there would be a global event. N. Korea is pretty much on their own. They don't have any allies. Even China wants nothing to do with them. If Korea attack America, we'd bomb them or Japan would bomb them or someone would and that be the end of the war.

And what will Obama do when the Nuclear Attack happens?..... Just sit on his ass and wait.

They couldn't attack America, they may have tested a Nucelar device under-ground, but their ICBM tests were a complete failure.

It doesn't change anything, they've made these threats before, but they are a very unstable country and we don't have any capacity to predict what they might do.

Given China's involvement, it's safe to say I don't see any attack by American/South Korean forces that isn't a result of a direct attack by North Korea.

That's improbable, North Korea lives in its own world, I think they have weapons just to threaten and not be disturbed.
USA has the largest stockpile of nuclear arms. I think if any country was dumb enough to fire one at us, they would cease to exist.
Yes, but although North Korea has no chance of winning, they would try to cause as much damage as possible.

PS: A few years ago I saw a great documentary: "North Korea: The Leader Over the Top" (Amarás al Líder Sobre Todas las Cosas in spanish) but now I can't find any video in english, which shows as North Korea is made for war, for example, they build highways thinking in runways for fighter aircrafts.

North Korea threatens with a nuclear strike. Do you think that North korea will start a 'holy war' using nuclear weapons?

North Korea feels provoked* by the US and South Korea due to the military exercises which are being held this weekend in the Japanese sea. China, North Korea's ally, worries!

North Koreans, by and large, do not worship an Abrahamic god, so no, I do not think any "holy war" would ever come from them.

There already exists a de facto state of war between the US and North Korea, and it is the US that is most strongly resisting a peace treaty ending the Korean War which started in 1950.
http://news.antiwar.com/2010/01/11/us-rejects-treaty-to-end-korean-war/

The US is deliberately provoking North Korea with the naval maneuvers scheduled to begin tomorrow.
http://news.antiwar.com/2010/07/23/north-korea-tensions-soar-over-planned-us-naval-maneuvers/

If the sinking of the South Korean corvette really was due to its striking a reef and not a super-sophisticated bubble torpedo which leaves no trace of explosives, then the North really is the aggrieved party in this case.

They (the North) are nearly at the end of their tether for a variety of reasons. They are starving, their currency is suddenly worthless, their "dear leader" has one foot in the grave and no sure succession, they have their arms export business virtually shut down due to US and Western sanctions, and now this!

For a century Western politicians have made a fine artform of blunders and miscalculations leading to ruinous wars. Surely they will not recapitulate the same errors.

So what, are you sympathizing with the North Koreans? I don't understand exactly what you are trying to say here...

So what, are you sympathizing with the North Koreans? I don't understand exactly what you are trying to say here...

I'm sympathizing with the poor bastards (us) who have to pay for and fight wars our idiot leaders get us into. Clear enough?

I'm sympathizing with the poor bastards (us) who have to pay for and fight wars our idiot leaders get us into. Clear enough?

Conversely, we can't be an isolationist nation at this point, as globalization has more or less mandated maintaining overseas relations. No assisting South Korea would be poor diplomacy at this point, more so given that North Korea has been the aggressor for some time now, by all measures.

Conversely, we can't be an isolationist nation at this point, as globalization has more or less mandated maintaining overseas relations. No assisting South Korea would be poor diplomacy at this point, more so given that North Korea has been the aggressor for some time now, by all measures.

I agree. We are locked into globalization and all that leads to, for better or worse. But doesn't mean we libertarians can't insist there's (or was) a better way, however unlikely at this juncture.

It's not isolationist to want Korea to unite and be able to bring peace between themselves with trade and commerce once Kim Jong Il kicks the bucket. Military maneuvers right next to Korea is pretty stupid. It does nothing to achieve peaceful ends.

If the sinking of the South Korean corvette really was due to its striking a reef and not a super-sophisticated bubble torpedo which leaves no trace of explosives, then the North really is the aggrieved party in this case.

Aggrieved by... military maneuvers??

There already exists a de facto state of war between the US and North Korea, and it is the US that is most strongly resisting a peace treaty ending the Korean War which started in 1950.
http://news.antiwar.com/2010/01/11/us-rejects-treaty-to-end-korean-war/

The US is deliberately provoking North Korea with the naval maneuvers scheduled to begin tomorrow.
http://news.antiwar.com/2010/07/23/north-korea-tensions-soar-over-planned-us-naval-maneuvers/

They (the North) are nearly at the end of their tether for a variety of reasons. They are starving, their currency is suddenly worthless, their "dear leader" has one foot in the grave and no sure succession, they have their arms export business virtually shut down due to US and Western sanctions, and now this!

For a century Western politicians have made a fine artform of blunders and miscalculations leading to ruinous wars. Surely they will not recapitulate the same errors.
This goes back years, even decades. If they start fighting again today, it's not because of the sunken cruiser, or some military exercise. They are always acting like a crying baby going "I need an adult! I need an adult!". I wish they had oil, or some sort of strategical value, so the U.S. would just take them out. I'm of a strong opinion that North Korean troops would run & surrender at the twice the speed of the Iraqis. Sadam was a Jesus compared to Kim Jong-il, who's damnnear a Korean Hitler. U.S. should be able to take out the regime within weeks, if not nearly instantly. North Koreans do not believe for second that they can fight the U.S., and IMO, they'd be happy & excited to unite with the South. They barely have enough food to survive at this point. It's like the "war" was lost a long ago, and someone forgot to inform them. They are not as smart as the Russians, that much is for sure. Soviet/Russia lost the Cold War, and I'm pretty sure they recognized it!

Again, U.S. should be able to take out the regime at an unbelievable speed. They are still scary good at invading. They just have trouble with the politically correct occupation.

North Koreans are major violators of human rights, and this is not the first time they've threatened an WMD attack. Iraq committed & postured a lot less, they couldn't get away with it. :lol:
Japan would bomb them
Sorry, no-go on that one.

They better not go to war before the turbo Sonata gets here.

I also think that if Korea tried to launch a nuclear warhead at America, it would miss. It'd either land in some No Man's land that's completely unihabited, or land in the ocean...and we'd still bomb the crap out of them. Although, if we were smart about it, we'd just bomb their leader's house, the palace and their military base.

Also, The Korean cars you drive are from South Korea. North Korea probably makes cars, but America would never buy 'em. Just like we never buy Chinese cars.

And, if you think Japan has no nuclear arms or whatever...umm...they DO have the US as an alliance. I'm sure if they asked us nicely if they could borrow a warhead to blow the crap out of NK, we would give it to 'em...and teach them how to fire it properly.

I'm surprised we haven't gone to war with them yet. The government here loves to start conflicts with countries that have no hope of being a serious threat to us.

I wish they had oil, or some sort of strategical value, so the U.S. would just take them out. I'm of a strong opinion that North Korean troops would run & surrender at the twice the speed of the Iraqis. Sadam was a Jesus compared to Kim Jong-il, who's damnnear a Korean Hitler. U.S. should be able to take out the regime within weeks, if not nearly instantly. North Koreans do not believe for second that they can fight the U.S., and IMO, they'd be happy & excited to unite with the South. They barely have enough food to survive at this point. It's like the "war" was lost a long ago, and someone forgot to inform them. They are not as smart as the Russians, that much is for sure. Soviet/Russia lost the Cold War, and I'm pretty sure they recognized it!

Again, U.S. should be able to take out the regime at an unbelievable speed. They are still scary good at invading. They just have trouble with the politically correct occupation.

North Koreans are major violators of human rights, and this is not the first time they've threatened an WMD attack. Iraq committed & postured a lot less, they couldn't get away with it. :lol:

I thought the huge human lives loss from Allied Troops(or NATO=OTAN) at Iraq and Afghanistan(not to mention Vietnam)would have teach You better not to have that "John Wayne " attitude...:indiff:
The life of million of civilians are at stake...:ouch:
Luckily the actual American Administration seems to have been raised without seeing that many Westerns.like the one before with the know outcomes,I guess You would think different if YOU were the one to be sent overseas to fight and die...:ill:

EDIT:
I also think that if Korea tried to launch a nuclear warhead at America, it would miss. It'd either land in some No Man's land that's completely unihabited, or land in the ocean...and we'd still bomb the crap out of them. Although, if we were smart about it, we'd just bomb their leader's house, the palace and their military base.

Also, The Korean cars you drive are from South Korea. North Korea probably makes cars, but America would never buy 'em. Just like we never buy Chinese cars.

And, if you think Japan has no nuclear arms or whatever...umm...they DO have the US as an alliance. I'm sure if they asked us nicely if they could borrow a warhead to blow the crap out of NK, we would give it to 'em...and teach them how to fire it properly.
After reading such pile of nonsense forget what I said...at some point I thought You were talking serious but now I concluded that You are clearly joking...👎:grumpy:

Last edited:
Yeah the only serious part of that was the part about the Korean cars being made in South Korea. But really, who cares what North Korea is doing? If there is a war, I seriously doubt the draft will be called into action and it'd probably last no more than a week tops. 'cause they've got nothing we want. I mean, with Iraq, they've got oil. But what does NK have? Nothing, I tell you, nothing.

Actually, they're constructed in Alabama. I'm pretty sure everyone knows Hyundai and Kia are from south korea.

Luckily Ulsan is about as far away from the DMZ as you can get.

North Korea would be only one unpredictable enough to go into a "bomb the crap out of..." mode. U.S. wouldn't strike first, but if they were to launch an military strike, they would, with almost an certainty, invade by air-land-sea. Any bombing would be guided with precision. They would minimize innocent casualty best they can.
North Koreans do not have the industrial power to R&D cars fit for American market. Chinese cars sounds pretty silly to Americans right now. They also thought same about the Japanese cars back when. ;)
It's not about the equipment, it's against our constitution. Even if we knew for certain that North Korea was about to launch enough WMD to destroy, say, Tokyo, JSDF(Japanese military) are prohibited by the infamous Article 9 of the constitution from doing anything to prevent the deadly launch. 👎

P.S. Japan could develop the nuke, rocket, guidance on its own. It's just against the constitution!
I thought the huge human lives loss from Allied Troops(or NATO=OTAN) at Iraq and Afghanistan(not to mention Vietnam)would have teach You better not to have that "John Wayne " attitude...:indiff:
The life of million of civilians are at stake...:ouch:
Luckily the actual American Administration seems to have been raised without seeing that many Westerns.like the one before with the know outcomes,I guess You would think different if YOU were the one to be sent overseas to fight and die...:ill:

EDIT:

After reading such pile of nonsense forget what I said...at some point I thought You were talking serious but now I concluded that You are clearly joking...👎:grumpy:
Maybe a Japanese John Wayne? :dopey:

It's actually a yes & no. Of course I stated it in a careless + lighthearted fashion. I'd also like nothing better than North Korea issue resolved peacefully. But when I say that I wish to see them get taken out, I really do mean that.

Let me put it this way: North Korea was your neighbor. They've made threats to destroy you, burn your cities to the ground, should you disrespect them in some manner(they really do talk like that). They are testing rockets to your water(Sea of Japan). They fire a rocket over your country to the water on the other side(Pacific Ocean). Would it be unreasonable, would it be "John Wayne" to wish their leadership militarily removed? This is not like Invasion of Iraq, which I was against 100%. This would be to the Americans, Iraq threatening an possible WMD attack on U.S. soil, and the WMD isn't some shady suspicion by select party, you know they have it, and you know that they can deliver it right into your country. If you think I'm out of line, excuse me. But comparing North Korea to Middle East suggests to me that you have no idea what our situation is, or just don't care.

Also, you might want to read up on how the "millions of civilians" are & were treated in North Korea. They don't jail just the "political" prisoners, they'll jail their kids, grandkids, their friends. Basically, it seems like they will put you in prison if they don't like you. And if the civilians in good standing with the regime are starving, I can only imagine how the "prisoners" are being treated. I bet they all wished & prayed for some kind of John Wayne by the West before they were killed.

P.S. I, like most Japanese, am very skeptical of North Korean claim that they have released all Japanese abductees(kidnapped civilians).

Japanese shouldn't worry. You guys already have plenty of weapons of maximum awesome destruction.

Your navy:

Army:

Air-force:

What does

captain_planet.jpg

have to say about this? :lol:

Maybe a Japanese John Wayne? :dopey:

It's actually a yes & no. Of course I stated it in a careless + lighthearted fashion. I'd also like nothing better than North Korea issue resolved peacefully. But when I say that I wish to see them get taken out, I really do mean that.

Let me put it this way: North Korea was your neighbor. They've made threats to destroy you, burn your cities to the ground, should you disrespect them in some manner(they really do talk like that). They are testing rockets to your water(Sea of Japan). They fire a rocket over your country to the water on the other side(Pacific Ocean). Would it be unreasonable, would it be "John Wayne" to wish their leadership militarily removed? This is not like Invasion of Iraq, which I was against 100%. This would be to the Americans, Iraq threatening an possible WMD attack on U.S. soil, and the WMD isn't some shady suspicion by select party, you know they have it, and you know that they can deliver it right into your country. If you think I'm out of line, excuse me. But comparing North Korea to Middle East suggests to me that you have no idea what our situation is, or just don't care.

Also, you might want to read up on how the "millions of civilians" are & were treated in North Korea. They don't jail just the "political" prisoners, they'll jail their kids, grandkids, their friends. Basically, it seems like they will put you in prison if they don't like you. And if the civilians in good standing with the regime are starving, I can only imagine how the "prisoners" are being treated. I bet they all wished & prayed for some kind of John Wayne by the West before they were killed.

P.S. I, like most Japanese, am very skeptical of North Korean claim that they have released all Japanese abductees(kidnapped civilians).

Again,if it was by the U.N. yes!
If it was an unilateral decision made by the U.S. in a Bush\John Wayne manner no!
I was responding to Supershouden post who seemed to preconize a "Let's nuke the **** of those bastards that seemed quite unreasonable,as History has proved to exhaustion at the cost of many U.S. soldiers(and other Allied forces)...
No way I'm defending this:

STUPID LUNATIC...👎
I'm just saying just hate him,not the Country or the people who suffer at his dictating Leadership...
And the Idea of:

"Let's just Nuke those Bastards since they're alone and can't handle themselves" doesn't seem very different of his delusional guidance of his own Country.
No offence meant or taken...:) Everyone is untitled to their opinion,and I'm untitled to disagree;)

You'd be OK with a bunch of unelected fartknockers in a UN building deciding to send your countrymen to war?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back