Nurburgring Challenge *POST YOUR TIMES*

• Thread starter TurboJ
  • 558 comments
Ah, you mis-understand my words.
I mean them not as imtimidation or mud-slinging.

They were meant to further the idea behind the thread itself.
It's just about the idea of providing replays, not playing by the rules.

Your times were just what I said- good.
I know my lap wasn't as fast as it could or should have been so there would be no point in getting upset about falling behind.

The idea was simply to find out if you were interested or capable of signing up.

Sorry about the offense, didn't mean it that way. :(

Was simply trying to spread the word to "newer" racers at the gtp. :cheers:
(30 posts since 2003? one heck of a ghost racer :lol: )

Ok, I posted a "sign me up!"

I know you didn't mean it in a negative way, I thought my response was friendly enough :lol:

My GOD, I practically don't exist here. Well i participated a bit with GT3, and didn't my own copy of GT4 until a week ago. But before that I played it alot when i borrowed it off my friend, I never participated much then because I knew I'd have to give the game back any day. But know it'll be steady provided my exchanged copy works, which it should its playing all the time now. My first copy got D.R.E.'s all the time.

I especially like these n1/n2/n3 tire races :dopey: so things like this challenge will definetly keep me interested.

I go to sleep now. Happy racing!

Some very nice times there!

I will update the leaderboard as soon as I have the opportunity.

BTW, driving assists are free be used, but only TCS could possibly help a better time, and even then only with the most powerful 2WD cars...

It looks like I'm going to have to do some more laps - some of you have posted very impressive times! 👍

Leaderboard is now updated. And I am doing some more ring laps to improve my times - you people have made this into a nice challenge!

Wakeem
my times:

8'00.128 : BMW M3

T1- 50'.687
T2- 1'29.710
T3- 2'01.226
T4- 2'58.712
T5- 3'42.246
T6- 4'12.798
T7- 5'09.103
T8- 5'56.760
T9- 6'21.002
T10- 7'08.986
T11- 7'34.985

8'00.891 : Nissan Skyline GT-R M-spec Nur R34 '02

T1- 50'.221
T2- 1'29.846
T3- 2'01.697
T4- 2'58.816
T5- 3'42.231
T6- 4'13.088
T7- 5'09.026
T8- 5'56.962
T9- 6'21.893
T10- 7'09.758
T11- 7'35.922

We're allowed to play with the driving assists right? I did these with them all at 0. I'm driving the saleen now with the assists at about 1 or 2.

Wakeem, are you sure you haven't done an oil change to these cars?
If you haven't, I must say these are awesome times!
I can see how I could cut my M3 time by two or three seconds if I really tried hard, but 5 seconds - OMG! :scared:

Um, TurboJ,

Remember to use the edit feature at the bottom of replies.

Please do not double and triple post.

And just like you, I am impressed by Wakeem's times. :dopey:
I'm sure that he will eventually look into getting a Maxdrive... Until then you will just have to trust that he is running properly. :cheers:

In any case, don't double or triple post. 👍

Thanks for taking note of that minor forum rule. :cheers:
Will catch you around.

Btw, I'm gonna have one more go at this (maybe).
It's just that N2 is really not my style lol. :(

Oh, and on the note of tires giving people the chance to put in their best skill and effort... (points to N3,S3,R3 race in sig)...
That's a set of time trials I came up with to give a diverse test for all drivers...
MR, FR, 4WD... Each on N, S, R tires. 👍

See if you enjoy them (if you feel like it).
But don't be discouraged by the times in the thread... Holl01, Iceman, Small fryz, and Hugo Boss are all great drivers (not so much for me :P ). :lol:

Anyway, best of luck to you... I'll be back here later after I've run a few laps for the N2 racing in this thread. :D

TurboJ
Wakeem, are you sure you haven't done an oil change to these cars?

Pretty sure I haven't. I buy the car, then save, then race for a while then turn the system off since there is no point in saving again. So when I play again the car is as I left it. In spite of this I may have saved for one reason or another which made the car more used when I actually made the record.

Does the oil change make that much of a difference? Maybe it should be changed to allow it just for the hell of it.

Kent
I'm sure that he will eventually look into getting a Maxdrive... Until then you will just have to trust that he is running properly

I have all the replays still on my memory card for safekeeping should I get one of these... "Maxdrives" :odd:....of which you speak.

I ask that you trust my times though. I am that good. :sly:

Wakeem, it's time you buy yourself a Maxdrive. You were questioned back in GT3, disappeared and now you're back again. If you want people to trust you, provide a replay first. That's how it works here. No replay, no glory...

Wakeem
Pretty sure I haven't. I buy the car, then save, then race for a while then turn the system off since there is no point in saving again. So when I play again the car is as I left it. In spite of this I may have saved for one reason or another which made the car more used when I actually made the record.

Does the oil change make that much of a difference? Maybe it should be changed to allow it just for the hell of it.

I have all the replays still on my memory card for safekeeping should I get one of these... "Maxdrives" :odd:....of which you speak.

I ask that you trust my times though. I am that good. :sly:

I am not saying your times aren't legit, but I'm wondering how you've managed them without oil change... Yes, oil change would make some seconds on Nurburgring, as you know, speed on straights is one of the keys there...

The reason why I have chosen toi rule out oil changes in all but used cars, is to allow all people to compete with equal cars, without the need of buying a new one after every 150 miles of ring driving.

I will look into your T times, Wakeem, since I know many sectors of the track I took pretty flawlessly on by best laps, so it's clear you gain a big advantage in other areas of the track... I'll do some research - I haven't said my last word just yet!

I'm assuming you'll try with an oil change to make sure. Plus Hugo can be the proof, he's a legend.

You remembered Hugo! I remember the cote dazure incident with the Oreca, as well as an incident at the complex ring I believe. When was that, that is ancient...

Is there a max drive at Best Buy or Future Shop or something like that?

Yes, I remember ;) And I do believe your are honest. But golden rule is that you provide a replay before you're an 'official legal driver'. You would make it so much easier for yourself if you'd buy a MaxDrive. Plus you can download replays from others to improve yourself even more.

You can get a MaxDrive at several places, like Best Buy. Can't tell you the cheapest place to get it though. Try a 'search' or maybe someone else can help.

Merry Christmas, TurboJ, I've been working on those times :dopey: . Still can't match your M3 stunna tho'! :grumpy:

I've done a half decent lap in the Yellow Bird at last, but that's as good as it's gonna get from me: the darn thing handles like a giraffe on roller skates on those N2s :ouch: : I've tidied up the M5 and the M coupe laps a touch, and also rolled out the Vanquish (nice handling car btw) for a couple of laps.

Ruf CTR Yellow Bird: 8'08.553"
BMW M5: 7'58.457"
BMW M Coupe: 8'30.845"
Aston Martin Vanquish: 7'58.448"

I left this challenge alone because I'm a terrible driver. The best time I did in the subaru sti sport wagon was like 8:34 and I also ran a 98 lotus esprit and I dont think that one was much better.

bump....

lets keep this one alive, i like the idea, and i already have a faster time in the SLR than anyones managed in the saleen...

Ill be back with all the laps in a day or so.

revitalise this thread people please!!

:irked:👍

One thing i forgot to ask is this:
In certain cars, such as the saleen s7 or the tommy kaira zzII, racing suspension has been fitted as standard, and can to some degree be tuned.
Is this allowed? or do we need to keep it stock in terms of settings?
A saleen with more negative toe on the rear and no aids, with a softer spring setup, will yield a faster laptime u know...

Whats the answer or does no-one care about this spot racing lark anymore? Im finding it very enjoyable at the minute!

I'm also in on this one, I like doing real world tests like this !

Here's my 1st time in a standard car :

2004 Audi S4 Sedan - 8m11.021s

Saw this thread and thought 'what the heck...I'll give it a ago too!'
car of choice? Ruf Yellowbird...Time= 8'06:013

Yep, lets keep this one going.

Aston Martin DB9 - 8'03.264

EDIT: I wanted to get under 8 minutes

7'58.329

Alright everybody...
Being that I've run N3 tires for the WRS this week, I may as well stop in here and use the same car with the slight change. :P

Will certainly make changes to the settings and when I do so everything will be posted.

Back with the results (hopefully before the end of the night).
Later. :D

Edit:
While testing the S2000 on N2s I realized that this challenge was for stock cars only. :(

Then to make up for my mistake I used a M3.
That went bad when I read the rules and saw "no oil change." :lol:

Looks like there will not be a lap from me on this tonight.
Soon though, 👍
Later. :D

You guys are so much faster then me on these tires... I guess I'll have to find the right car and try this agian...

I notice TurboJ hasn't been on for a while. I've sent him a PM to see if he's going to come back to edit in the new times. If he doesn't come back then I suppose Kent or myself could edit them in.

Thanx for sticking your nose in daaaaan

Im chuffed loads of people turned up again... im goin to get some times in this evening.

Im loving this new revamped site too!

Brb

I've done another couple of runs.

8'26.280 - Subaru 22B
9'09.350 - Peugeot 406 Coupe

**Leaderboard Updated to this post**

I have been doing a little practice after work on N tires. I did a few laps at suzuka and grand valley short reverse in a stock MK1 MR2 S/C the other night... It was ok... I havent got the hang of these tires yet though.

Oh crap, you might as well scrap my time, as it was done on SM tires ... not on N2's (being Comfort tires) ... sorry about this. Will do some more laps tonight with the correct tires ...

TurboJ
The new Nurburgring Challenge is hereby open!

Rules are simple:

* You must use N2 tires for real-word performance

Just for clarification, but what information are you basing this statement off by chance? I ask only because IMHO, cars such as:
  • Corvette Z06
  • Saleen S7
  • Dodger Viper
  • BMW M3
  • Ford Mustang GT
or any other high-end car for that matter is NOT going to come with N2 tires, but with N3's...especially after reading this thread here

FYI...Whatever the logic, I'm still participating in this! :D

Well i have one to add.

Lots more time to be had here, only did 3 laps, and the last one was clean.

Mercedes SLR McLaren '03 7'25.513 i think. It may have been .512, but who gives a damn about a thousandth....
Clean and on N2's and with no aids, and i have the replay...👍

Just one question:
Who in the German world decided to paint the underside of the SLR's aerofoil purple?, i mean like, errrr Paul Smith Blue.... really...

Right, im off to try the M3 and to get an under 8 mins time...
Im at 8'02 at the minute, and i can see where i lost time... i just need a good run... brb

Latest Posts

Back