Nurburgring Challenge *POST YOUR TIMES*

• Thread starter TurboJ
  • 558 comments
SorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorry

I forgot to chech out the tires, and thought I got the original tires wich the car is delivered with. It will never happen again!

With the right tires I drove the M5 at nordsleife again and the time was 7.35.292.

Wakeem: you have a nice track time with the M5, but I'm not giving up!

evoVIII racer
What tires did you use ND4SPD. They have to be N2 and the car can't be tuned at all
Darn I didn't notice the cars could not be tuned and we had to have specific times, ignore my last post then.

hehehe I got one for ya...

Scion XB! I did a lap at 11'01.914 with it, but then I only did one lap & culdn't take anymore.

no upgrades, n2 tires, and just because something had to be done, I bought it a set of Yokahama 024 rims. (they look quite nice against the bordeaux mica) :D

oh, and I had driving aids off, no other adjustments.

Hugo Boss
Yes, I remember ;) And I do believe your are honest. But golden rule is that you provide a replay before you're an 'official legal driver'. You would make it so much easier for yourself if you'd buy a MaxDrive. Plus you can download replays from others to improve yourself even more.

You can get a MaxDrive at several places, like Best Buy. Can't tell you the cheapest place to get it though. Try a 'search' or maybe someone else can help.

Pardon my ignorance,but what is a maxdrive? If it just records replays, then how does it verify car configs?

This is a genuine question, as I am currently overseas but would like to post some laps to this forum once I get back home (as I'm fairly confident I could pull some faster lappage in a few of the vehicles mentioned! =)

Powerslide
Pardon my ignorance,but what is a maxdrive? If it just records replays, then how does it verify car configs?

This is a genuine question, as I am currently overseas but would like to post some laps to this forum once I get back home (as I'm fairly confident I could pull some faster lappage in a few of the vehicles mentioned! =)

Search young Jedi :-)

Anyway - You can use a Maxdrive to transfer replay data (and savegames of course) from the PS2 to the PC. That way anyone can view the replay, on the PS2, and verify car settings. Horsepower / Tires etc. etc..

Well,
I've updated the list by request but only to some extent.

If you all spot anything that needs to be done feel free to pm me or just post it up in this thread.

Remember, being organized about your submission makes it easier for me to spot it in your post and in-turn I can edit the thread to show the new submissions more easily. 👍

Good luck with the racing everyone. 👍
Don't be shy about telling keeping in touch or posting in this thread. :cheers:

Kent
Well,
I've updated the list by request but only to some extent.

If you all spot anything that needs to be done feel free to pm me or just post it up in this thread.

Remember, being organized about your submission makes it easier for me to spot it in your post and in-turn I can edit the thread to show the new submissions more easily. 👍

Good luck with the racing everyone. 👍
Don't be shy about telling keeping in touch or posting in this thread. :cheers:

You forgot me :( ... Benz Evo II at 8'39.110.....

Sorry I missed that Flerbizky.
I didn't check through page 4 or anything before that... I just updated for page 5.

I've added that time to the list though and as of right now I am planning on running the Evo 8 GSR (non-MR).

Will be back later today with times for that hopefully. :D
Should be a fun run regardless of how fast. :dopey:

Until then,
-

appie17
were are my times

wHere are your times? ;)

I looked for them back through page 4 and found a Zonda 7.3 time. :dunce:

However, the time wasn't exact... It was marked as a "7'40."
My suggestion is to post a list of your times and if possible go with a format like...

Time Name Car
(#'##.### Appie ______)

That would work real well since I could easily get your times posted. 👍
No need to worry about all the coding or anything, I can take care of that (hoping there aren't too many times). :lol:

Any way, get back to me by posting up your times and I will edit them into the list. 👍
Till then,
-

hey guys, im not too into the "unstructured" WRS this week, so here are some times from two of my favorite cars. Dead stock, brand new, no oil change, comfy tires.

7'48.378 BBQ0801 RUF RGT

7'51.281 BBQ0801 RUF CTR2

Max drive isnt here yet, but the CTR lap is pretty entertaining.. its really alot of work to keep that thing from understeering.

T-Times:
----- RGT --- CTR2
T1- 49.886 -- 49.944
T2- 1'28.523 -- 1'27.849
T3- 1'59.122 -- 1'58.520
T4- 2'55.184 -- 2'55.959
T5- 3'38.546 -- 3'37.857
T6- 4'07.664 -- 4'07.234
T7- 5'02.678 -- 5'03.414
T8- 5'49.670 -- 5'52.817
T9- 6'12.978 -- 6'16.854
T10- 7'00.070 -- 7'04.290
T11- 7'24.138 -- 7'26.694

LAP- 7'48.378 -- 7'51.281

Notice the power difference between the two cars, the CTR is able to pull out a serious lead between T1 and T3, and also makes up nearly 2 seconds on the backstraight alone, but the lighter and more agile RGT gets it back in any section with tight corners..

8'54,332---appie17----Lotus Elise 111S '03

8'00,466---appie17----Ruf BTR '86

8'30,572---appie17----Ford RS200 '84

Question:

Do the Cizeta V16T, Nismo 400R, R-tune, and S-tune count as production cars, like the rules say? Its kinda vague.. I assume nothing you get in the actual tuner village counts, but I was wondering about these.

Amazing times!!, you using DFP or ps2 controller?

Wakeem
It says it all on the original post describing the challenge. I only used TCS because without it, its too much of a pain to drive that NSX, as is with a couple other cars, I think the Saleen aswell. But the M5, the one I'm working on right now, is so crisp and stable that I don't use any aids.

so far with the M5 I got a 7'32.7, i'll to improve it a bit more.

Hey dudes, just did a couple laps with the BMW M5, here was my best my time.

7'51.540 - East - BMW M5 '05

nvm

tried my hand at updating the board in excel.. might make it easier to read.

but i dunno how to attach large picture files..max is 100K, im looking at nearly 250K. if I make it small enough its impossible to read.

Picture6.png
Picture7.png
Picture8.png
Picture9.png

Kent, let me know if you want the file.
I had to split it into four to get them to attach..
this should be the latest update for the board
should be able to click for larger images

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

sry for the size diff in pic 2..
got it! ENJOY

Attachments

• Picture8.png
    Picture8.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture6.png
    Picture6.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 91
Saleen S7 '02 - East - 7'43.554

Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 - East - 7'35.814 The very next lap by the time I was about half way around I was five and a bit seconds up on this time, but then I slid off into a wall and funked the lap up lol

bbq0801
Kent, let me know if you want the file.
Can you send it to me? I can host it as 1 file. I'll stick it in the first post, and it'll be a lot easier to update than it is at the minute.

Lotus Motorsport Elise 8'52.599
Nissan 350Z 8'33.987

Still working on theses times though. I might try a "super" car later.

Lotus Time improvement: 8'34.436

I turned the traction control from 1 down to zero and took 8 seconds off!

daan
Can you send it to me? I can host it as 1 file. I'll stick it in the first post, and it'll be a lot easier to update than it is at the minute.

Yeah, no problem. It would be great to see it in the first post, and it really is much easier to update.

hey took a crack at driving the honda nsx-r lm road car and managed to do a 7'09.788 using defaulat suspension settings (i am assuming we leave this alone) and no TCS. ;)

holaaa q onda mejor tiempo
en RUF yellow bird 7:40.165
N2tires fue muy dificil permanecer en la pista sin chocar o sin salirme jajajaja
yellow bird 7:40.165

Right, it is much more difficult on N2 tires! Havent driven the yellow bird at all on them yet, but I can imagine its a real pain.

I posted some times and I don't see them on the board. Just wondering if I didn't make some cut off mark or if no one has had the time to update yet. The board looks great at any rate, even if I am not on it yet.:)

Back