Nurburgring Challenge *POST YOUR TIMES*

• Thread starter TurboJ
  • 558 comments
holl01
hey took a crack at driving the honda nsx-r lm road car and managed to do a 7'09.788 using defaulat suspension settings (i am assuming we leave this alone) and no TCS. ;)
I didn't include this time as I don't think the car is within the spirit of the competition.

daddy-o
I posted some times and I don't see them on the board. Just wondering if I didn't make some cut off mark or if no one has had the time to update yet. The board looks great at any rate, even if I am not on it yet.:)
You're in now.

OK, got some more times.. and a candidate for top time. Just like always, comfy tires, totally stock, no oil change.

7'24.083- BBQ0801-Ford -GT

7'52.038- bbq0801 -Spyker- C8

thanks for taking over the leaderboard Daan!

View attachment Ford GT @ nurb bbq0801.max

Someone please let me know if this replay (NTSC) works! its my first.

Hi to everyone, first of all.

Just found this competition and thought to get back into some GT4.

Here is my first time after 5 laps

7'22.987-IcemanGER-BMW M5

....more to come

Iceman,

welcome back first of all..

I assume you have done some racing before, but to automatically be the fastest in the M5 by nearly 10sec seems kinda odd.

Are you sure you were running the car in GT mode, totally stock, with N2 tires(comfort)?

EDIT:
OK, now you are the fastest on the board.. are you NTSC? can i see your replay?

well, I'm pretty sure I did.

running in GT not Arcade mod, bought the car and put the N2 tires on.

Car has 507 horse.

will post a pic around the weekend when I get my camera back

Thats an impressive time, but 10sec!?

The GT has nearly 50 more hp, and weighs less, it took me more than 10 laps to get a clean 7'24.083

You are like, a freaking alien to pull times like that off.

I was just about to ask how to show a freaking replay !?

so, what is a max-drive, where can I get one and how much is it?

I tried numerous flash drives without any luck. Pictures are no problem but everything else is. I checked this threat but there is no sticky what explains the whole thing ? How it works and such.

damn, I just spend almost $100 at wall-mart a few hours ago for a wireless controller, component video cable and a 2nd memory card. I was going to start the game all over again, but didn't want to lose my 99.8% save game. The video cable doesn't work and I have to go back tomorrow. Looks like I'll give em the whole load back, hehe. The wireless controller is useless playn GT4. I'll get the svideo cable instead and get a max drive. Thx for your help.

NP, glad to help... still not sure i believe that time tho 👍

Anyway, you might want to keep that 2nd memory card, you cant play games off the max drive, its only good to move things from PC to mem card and back.. plus its a pain in the ass to keep track of whats what when you transfer data into it, imo.

my time? if you have a camera phone pm me your number and I can take a screenie.........or you have to wait till I get my camera or the max drive ;-)

8'01,583---appie17----Aston Martin DB9 Coupe

8'35,071---appie17----Holden Monaro CV8

8'02,002---appie17----RUF CTR "Yello Bird"

Did a lap with one of my favourite cars, not sure how competitive it is but great car on N2's anyway.

Renault Clio Sport 172 - 9'00.165 - No TCS/ASM

I read through most of this thread but couldnt see what the official line was on the use of TCS/ASM?

I only ask as in the NRS during the last two weeks we had a situation where it was obvious that the use of TCS/ASM was giving a very big advantage in some cases 10s a lap, admittedly this was in the LMP spec cars but is it possible to quote in the leaderboard if TCS/ASM was used on specific laps?

regards and great thread

Dave

Hey everyone... :cheers:
I've had a nice day away from work today so the GTP and GT got my attention.

7'23.599 VW Nardo (german engineering :cool: ) :lol:

Back later with an edit for Mine's time. ;)
(hopefully under 7'30.0).

Nice challenge, thought I'd give it a go with a Crossfire
Not especially fast, but:

8'37.928

N2, no drivers aids, clean lap.

Oh, by the way, I didn't see if you indicated that this was to be a clean lap, no wall riding, lawn mowing, etc.

Nice run Kent, but Icemanger has you beat by a second... with the freaking m5!

btw, I didnt know the Nardo was fair game for this, its not exactly a production car..

bbq0801
Nice run Kent, but Icemanger has you beat by a second... with the freaking m5!

btw, I didnt know the Nardo was fair game for this, its not exactly a production car..

Thanks. 👍
Also, I wasn't and still am not sure if the Nardo is fair game for this challenge. :confused:
Not too worried about it either.

As for the M5 beating that time. :rolleyes:
I will believe that when I have the actual replay and have viewed it for myself... I will believe it when I see it! :sly:

And a screen shot of the overall time isn't enough to say the lap is clean or done with the proper equipment.
So uh... :lol:
Yeah, I will not get up-in-arms about that M5 time but I certainly will not think of that lap as "valid" until after I've seen some proof. :indiff:

For that matter, I don't even trust "Wakeem's" times. :indiff:
(he and I had the "you need a Maxdrive... Ok I am buying one" discussion a while back but he never went through with it and got one yet he still submits super fast laps all the time) :rolleyes:

Sorry Wakeem and Icemanger but replays are the only way to prove your times and for what I know, I don't think either of you have provided a single replay ever! :(

(but hey, atleast I'm trying to stay out of it and let the two of you continue posting lap times! :sly: )

no worries ! Don't count my time till I get the max drive. After checking the replay I must say that I was in the grass 2 times and I didn't know about the rules for a clean lap, sorry. I'll fix that and post a clean lap later on next week.
cheers

i thought i kicked ass with the M5 and the nsx.. sure showed me...no aids right?...yeesh..can someone go through the trouble of posting the replay right on the forum for ridiculous times like for all those people who dont have a maxdrive? by the sounds of it, even if iceman does a clean lap it wont be slower than more than a second anyway..

and howcome all my times arent up on the leaderboard, one is a typo, i had 7 57 with the M3 and it says i had 7 59, and my mercedes SLR time isnt even up!

i think that just in the exotic cars like pagani zonda mercedes SLR the N2 are the real tires in the normal cars like m3 subaru wrx civic mazda the N1 are the real tires also you can check the G force

jajaja soy malisimo con el ingles solo los autos exoticos usan llantas n2 los autos como el subaru el m3 mazda civic usan las llantas n1 lo pueden ver checando la fuersa de gravedad lateral osea lo maximo q llegan y no se me hace obvio q un 240sx silvia llegue a 1.2 o 1.4 de fuersa G lateral si estoy mal corrijan me

agreed kent,
I know im not the best driver around the nurb.. but I ran a 7'42.xx (I think, dont record) with the M5 the other night, but these guys are nearly ten(!) seconds faster...

thanks for updating the board again daan!

Wakeem
i thought i kicked ass with the M5 and the nsx.. sure showed me...no aids right?...yeesh..can someone go through the trouble of posting the replay right on the forum for ridiculous times like for all those people who dont have a maxdrive? by the sounds of it, even if iceman does a clean lap it wont be slower than more than a second anyway..

and howcome all my times arent up on the leaderboard, one is a typo, i had 7 57 with the M3 and it says i had 7 59, and my mercedes SLR time isnt even up!

Just wondering...
Have you bought that maxdrive yet Wakeem?
I'd love to see replays to your laps. 👍

RUF CTR yellow bird 7:38,256 clean lap
este auto es realmente divertido de manejar
quien tiene mejor record en este auto los reto
yellow bird challenge with n2 tires

Kent
Just wondering...
Have you bought that maxdrive yet Wakeem?
I'd love to see replays to your laps. 👍
:crazy: you should be bugging those who are about 10 seconds faster than even ME, I demand a video to be posted up!

and to answer your question...no.:indiff:

Back