Nurburgring Challenge *POST YOUR TIMES*

• Thread starter TurboJ
  • 558 comments
DAAN IM NOT TO SURE WHAT YOU MEAN ON EDIT IM NOT TO SMART WHEN IT COMES TO FORUM MUMBO JUMBO I TRIED TO EDIT THAT LAST POST I PUT UP BUT IT JUST STAYED THERE WHERE IT WAS AND ITS NOT THE LAST POST IN THE THREAD SO IT MIGHT LOOK LIKE ITS SOMETHING I SAID DAYS AGO... THIS ONE WENT TO THE BOTTOM THOUGH

SO JUST SO I GET IT RIGHT

NO MODS (but can i tune with what i got cuz i haven't been EG: lower the ride height)
no oil change
aids yah or nah i say nah i'll see what i can get without them 1st
N2 tyres these are what you use for drifting isn't it??

AND IF THIS ISN'T WHAT YOU MEAN BY EDIT SORRY NOT TO BRIGHT WHEN IT COMES TO COMPUTER STUFF

I EDIT NOW SO YOU MEAN IF I GOT TO SAY SOMETHING ELSE AND NO ONE HAS POSTED ANYTHING YET EDIT SO IM NOT SHOWING 3 4 5 POST BACK TO BACK??

EDIT CUZ I DID THAT YESTERDAY LOL HMMM I THINK I GET IT NOW

HMM THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO IS CAMBER HEIGHT SHOCKS & WEIGHT BALANCE... AM I ALLOWED TO DO THIS???

Hi, I'm new here and here is my Lap Time for the Pagani Zonda 7.3
No MODs Tires COM/COM

7'31.088 Pagani Zonda 7.3

Here are the section times

T1 47.750
T2 1'23.414
T3 1'52.871
T4 2'47.031
T5 3'27.787
T6 3'55.497
T7 4'48.821
T8 5'35.140
T9 5'59.263
T10 6'44.756
T11 7'06.370

some suggestions

One trick is to take advantage of the Zonda's Instability. Just before a corner brake into an entry speed that is sligtly faster for that corner and Drift the car VERY VERY SLIGHTLY with very little countersteering (one way to tell if you are doing it right is to watch your replay, your drift must be imperceptible). This will allow you to get back on the power earlier and exit the corner faster. Also the Kansei Drift is useful for the S turns that are found on the first sector.

On certain corners where understeer is a problem, brush the throttle to fidget your car to point in the right direction

On the bumpy S turns found just before the very long straight my strategy is to stay 1 gear above the suggested one (in my case I was in 4th instead of 3rd) this should prevent you from losing control by limiting the power your car transfers to the road while negotiating those turns.

I backed off the throttle a bit on my approach to the final corners after the long straight and braked a bit earlier, so if anyone is to beat my time being able to tackle these last corners with full commitment would be the key. So if anyone is to overtake me this should be the place

And one more blunder, O overshot the final corner a bit where my left rear tire went into the grass.

A trouble-free run at this pace should land you in the higher 7'2x.xxx

"RUF BTR 86 8'41.124 SO FAR

I TOOK 20 SECONDS OFF MY SECOND TRY BUT STILL 41 SECONDS OFF THE BEST TIME... ARE ALL THOSE TIMES WITHOUT ANY DRIVING AIDS? WITH n2 TYRES? NO MODS DONE INCLUDING OIL CHANGE?

SO CAN I SETUP THE CAR WITH THE FACTORY STUFF ON THE CARS?? CUZ I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING TO THE CAR... AND IS THIS WHAT YOU MENT IN EDIT"

manhezze

For cars like the BTR, the mantra for them is "Slow in, Fast out"

For that car, I suggest you need to take your time braking. Cars like the BTR lose a lot of time if the driver tries late braking and entering the corner at the fastest possible speed.

DO THE OPPOSITE!!! Take your time braking and enter the corner slightly slower and use all of your horsepower (flooring it just before the apex) exiting. The car is back-heavy so it will be stable at the exit at full throttle.

Hope you find this helpful

thanks for the info jphachi_roku and my bad thirdeye was i to loud lol... i have got it down to 8'17'224 but still 17 seconds off the best so far. so i think my goal is to hit a 8'10:xxx before i try using aids i'll give it a few more trys... but i think if i do use them im just gonna try using the under -n- oversteer first see if that will help it turn in a little better maybe that will let me brake a little later to get those few 10th's... i do like the traction off though makes this challenge a whole lot more fun.

sticky side down

edit:best i got with no aids is 8:16:401 but what a difference aids makes 8:07:344 without traction control just the other aids under & over it wasn't a pretty lap but i'm getting there!!! so do i make a vid?? where do i upload it at?? i can just upload it at my space at ifilm.com if all the video is for is to show the time so it can qualify for a hot lap... jphachi_roku it seems to be working the slow in fast out thanks 8)

edit: well just watched the replay lol off in grass 5 wall in corner 5 if i can just keep it on the road i think i got a good shot at the time... little slower i guess

edit: omg im so close i can taste it 8:01:823
edit: tada anyone wanna buy a slightly used btr with 430 miles on it lmao 7:59:014
so where do i send my video? i feel great now till one of you smash that time lol
i know one thing for sure if someone does beat it i will be putting some traction control
on when i try to go faster.. cuz im loosen time coming out of the corners sideways...
edit: video at http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2711323

Glad to be of help manhezze.

I've driven some older model Porsches (predating traction control) and the mantra is the way to really drive them. Good thing the BTR doesn;t have a big turbo lag unlike those older porsches. When the turbo kicks in and the car isn't pointing striaght the only thing you can do is use the rosary in your hand!

I'll give that BTR a shot sometime nextweek. Right now, Im trying a lap with the ZondaS 7.3 in the 1'2X.XXX region

I can't find a max drive here in the Philippines, looked allover the computer stores here. I don't have a credit card so I can't buy online. The best I can manage is record with a digital camera but those files are HUGE especially a lap in the Nurburgring and qualit is a problem.

zondahelmet
check back page 9, i managed a 7'24.861 ;)

sub 7.20 times should be possible in theory

Kudos to you Dude! Thats recklessly, tactlessly and disgustingly FAST!!!(all adjectives meant in a good way!!!)
👍

If its not too much trouble, can I ask for the section times and AIDS settings (if any) of your NSX-R concept and Zonda times and any significant tricks you can share?

Can't find a max drive here in the Philippines and no credit card so I can't buy online your section times will help me match your pace.

Edit: Did another session with the Zonda 7.3 and I only managed 7'28.969 for the BMW M5 7'47.097 I tried the NSX-R concept just managed 8'03.903

jphachi_roku
Kudos to you Dude! Thats recklessly, tactlessly and disgustingly FAST!!!(all adjectives meant in a good way!!!)
👍

If its not too much trouble, can I ask for the section times and AIDS settings (if any) of your NSX-R concept and Zonda times and any significant tricks you can share?

yup

NSX-R Concept '01 (285HP COM/COM) all aids off, DS2, manual
T1 0'50.831
T2 1'29.822
T3 2'01.546
T4 2'59.429
T5 3'43.562
T6 4'14.135
T7 5'10.161
T8 5'57.299
T9 6'21.071
T10 7'08.524
T11 7'34.476
T12 7'59.957

(wasn't a perfect lap, there are definitely a few seconds to be picked up, but overall it was a good consistent lap and the car with the worst power to weight ratio i've managed an 8-min lap in)

Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 (548HP COM/COM) TCS at 2, ASM off, DS2, manual
(I've included some tips and pointers on how fast you should take important corners.. numbers are approximate speeds in mph at the apex, unless otherwise stated)

first highspeed R - 100
T1 0'47.630
hit brakes about a second before big bump, RR combo - 105, 115-120; slow down to 125-130 after bump for long L
T2 1'23.761
L at top of hill - 100
T3 1'53.801
L - 100; after bumpy LR at 100-105, slow down to 80 and hit gas while hugging the inside line to get up to 100 on last R in RR combo
T4 2'46.980
R before long straight - 70 (when curb on the left ends - 90); high speed L - 130 (hit brakes for an instant); 85 when left curbing ends after R at bottom of hill
T5 3'25.817
once you get up to 150, the L will require a quick jab on the brakes down to 140-145; LL combo - 100, 110-115 at exit; slight R - 120
T6 3'52.770
first R after getting to the top of the hill before technical section - 75
T7 4'46.075
the immediately following 4 corners: RLR 100-80-90, should hit 105-110 on the straight before slowing down to 80 for R at top of hill (practice A-16 for correct line, you can lose a surprising amount of time on this section, keep practicing until you can pass license test in less than 53 seconds (gold is 54.150, my best is 52.200)
T8 5'31.508
R at bottom of hill with bump - 115-120 (after getting air, stay on left side and start turning right as soon as the curb on the left ends); after hanging on for dear life on this tricky high speed section you should hit at least 150 before slowing down for R
T9 5'54.149
R before long straight - 100
T10 6'39.580
passing bridge - 190+
T11 7'01.206
hit brakes as soon as you hit deepest point of track before the slight LR
T12 7'24.861

ps: i wish this thread was getting more participation, since testing stock cars on the ring is pretty much all i do anymore, its so fun! :)

Thanks for the section times.

managed to shave my time to the higher 1'26.XXX but I'm working on beating your time without any aids never did rely on them in the first place.

Surprisingly, I was faster on the first sector times (at T3, time I posted before, I was almost a full second ahead of you! seems drifting till t3 really works):) And I was able to enter some corners faster by drifting on the entry and using a dragster like exit. Its just that the latter section where it's getting difficult to maintain the car's total balance. my biggest headache is the corners after the long straight. Without traction control the car gets really nervous and I had to back off on the throttle. If only the aids can be adjusted while on the track (sigh)

I might have to start using aids if I can't beat your time(double sigh).

I just used minimal aids so I could concentrate on taking the ideal line.. I should lower it to 1, or get rid of it completely.. i dont like the lack of control, and unpredictable loss of speed with TCS, but with this 550hp beast on such a bumpy track it's a nice comfort feature hehe

7'24.942 Pagani ZondaS 7.3

Section Times
T1 0'47.018
T2 1'22.713
T3 1'52.269
T4 2'46.226
T5 3'25.795
T6 3'52.710
T7 4'45.946
T8 5'31.170
T9 5'54.496
T10 6'39.296
T11 7'00.855

to zondahelmet

ARGHHHHH! :yuck: Just 0.081 secs (its only a hair's breadth behind!!!) from your time and in all the section times I was INSIDE ALL (bar T9) of them!:scared:

It's that final section where the car gets twitchy that did me in

Seems that a drifting entry allowed me to enter some corners 10-15 mph faster than you.(that could explain how I got ahead of you as as much as 1.5 secs on some of the sections) and a dragster-like exit really does save you time.
I'll take a stab at your time sometime nextweek. I'll be busy the rest of the weekend.

jphachi_roku
7'24.942 Pagani ZondaS 7.3

awesome, man! looks like youre having success with no tcs, i need to go back and practice more (next week)

last couple days i've been trying to get a sub-5minute time in arcade mode in a maxed out minolta, 5.02 is my best so far, but there ARE 2 or 3 sections i've ran ~2 seconds faster than in that run, so it's easily doable, i just need a good consistent lap

To zondahelmet
Since I was so close, can't resist to try just one more lap and poof!

7'24.551 Pagani ZondaS 7.3

Section Times
T1 0'47.174
T2 1'23.151
T3 1'52.464
T4 2'46.223
T5 3'25.728
T6 3'52.164
T7 4'44.558
T8 5'30.329
T9 5'54.143
T10 6'38.954
T11 7'00.455

I think your theory of sub 7'20.00 lap is just a theory, and the most we can shave is around 1 to 2 secs in an ideal lap but that is really way too far from the bell curve graph of human skill. Someone beating that time could either be a god, did some serious short-cutting or worse tweaked the car.

I think I spent enough time on this car already, I'll try taking a crack of other car times. My ZondaS 7.3 oil warning lamp came on after a few laps after setting the record, so I won't be able challege the time anymore, unless I buy another one

I won't be able to beat your NSX-R concept time, just found out that it had engine balancing and port polish on it. Rules say that the car must be completely stock. Too bad this car can't be bought. I wanted to try the HSC but I modified it already.

Wondering If ever I will put a Daihatsu Midget Time here :indiff: it's one of the slowest cars in GT4

jphachi_roku
7'24.551 Pagani ZondaS 7.3

I think your theory of sub 7'20.00 lap is just a theory

I won't be able to beat your NSX-R concept time

1. congrats! this weekend i'm gonna aim for a 7.23

2. i have to disagree with you.. just looking at my laps, i've made up several seconds in different sections over that 7'24.8xx time (meaning if you add up my best individual section times, i've ran a 7'22.xxx), its just incredibly difficult to nail every single corner in one run, especially with an unforgiving car like the zonda :scared:

there is a lot of time to be made up that we're not seeing (A16 is a prime example: after days of practice and getting 52.20 (gold is 54.15) and not thinking there's more than .1-.2 seconds to be gained, a german database of the best drivers listed 10 verified people who have beat that time, best being 51.39, .8!! seconds faster than my supposedly awesome time).. i definitely think a perfect lap could be as low as 7.15.. whether thats humanly possible is a different story, but i am gonna aim for low 7'20s

3. you can win that car in some championship, i have several

zondahelmet
2. i have to disagree with you.. just looking at my laps, i've made up several seconds in different sections over that 7'24.8xx time (meaning if you add up my best individual section times, i've ran a 7'22.xxx), its just incredibly difficult to nail every single corner in one run, especially with an unforgiving car like the zonda :scared:

there is a lot of time to be made up that we're not seeing (A16 is a prime example: after days of practice and getting 52.20 (gold is 54.15) and not thinking there's more than .1-.2 seconds to be gained, a german database of the best drivers listed 10 verified people who have beat that time, best being 51.39, .8!! seconds faster than my supposedly awesome time).. i definitely think a perfect lap could be as low as 7.15.. whether thats humanly possible is a different story, but i am gonna aim for low 7'20s

As I said just a theory. Basically a bell curve is a graph that looks like a churchbell where the topmost tip is the average. The farther you are from the average the lower the probability of achieving it. One way to achieve this is to program your cerebellum the perfect lap (F1 drivers do this kind of brain training) and rely on sheer luck that your whole lap will be driven not by you but by your cerebellum (the part of your brain that stores pre-programmed actions) a.k.a. driving in the "zone", diving in a "trance like state" This has a VERY low probaility but not impossible. It's like trying to win a lottery...keep on batting, or in this case lapping, till you hit it.

I'm pretty sure this is how those DISGUSTINGLY fast laptimes you mentioned were achieved.

But to hold on to that "trance-like" state for about 7 mins is a BIG effort.
You know you've driven in a Trance like state if you can't remember much of what happend on that disgustingly fast lap you clocked

Evo 8 GSR- 8'11.503 (old time just haven't had the chance to post it).

Plan on running the TRD Celica today if I get the time. :D
Until next time,
-

i needed some Nurb testing, so here they are

Jay Leno Tank Car - 9'18,001

Dodge Viper GTS-R Concept - 7'50,248

Jaguar XJ220 - 7'54,311

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 - 9'02,041

Fiat Punto HGT Abarth - 9'55,303

Toyota Supra SZ-R - 9'06,7920

im sorry thi time wasnt 7.22,280 TOMY KAIRA ZZII
the time was 7.23.280 tomorrow i will put all my partials times
i did the time with set up modifications like gearbox and suspension
but i feel i can do a beter time just with practice in that car

wichone have the best lap in nurburgring?

que onda no hay ningun compatriota mexicano que juegue gran turismo o soy el unico????????

:) MY NEW RECORD -------7,22.894
TOMMY KAIRA ZZ11 551HP, weight 1000kg, 4wd no driving aids and clean lap
T1 47.595 --------- SET UP SUSPENSION
T2 1,23.236 ------------- --- - FRONT REAR
T3 1,52..418---------spring rate 15.2 - 14.2
T4 2,47.022 ---------ride height - 85 -- 88
T5 3,26.437 ----shock absorbers - 8 -- 8
T6 3,52.314------- camber angle - 1.9 - 0.6
T7 4,45.146
T8 5,31.390
T9 5,53.686
T10 6,38.796
T11 6,59.788
TOTAL---7,22.894

Sorry to say this, but i don't think your allowed to setup your suspension:guilty:

Rules are simple:

-You can drive any PRODUCTION car, 100% unmodified (not even oil change unless it's a used car, so car performance is always consistent)

you see:) 👍

Sorry to say this, but i don't think your allowed to buy mods:guilty:

Rules are simple:

-You can drive any PRODUCTION car, 100% unmodified (not even oil change unless it's a used car, so car performance is always consistent)

you see:) 👍[/QUOTE]

Sorry I took so long to get around to this... :ouch:

The ZZII should be considered off limits all together (as well as many other cars I've considered using).

The ZZII has a history blah blah blah... The thing isn't a production car and polyphony digital doesn't consider it one either. :P
(thinking back to gt3 ;) :lol: )

All the parts on the ZZII are original and there are no possible weight reductions.
Full custom tranny and semi-race suspension? :mischievous:

The ZZII was a blast to drive though. :D
(7'22.454 w/ errors = 7'1?.??? :eek: )

What do you all think about the eligability of the ZZII as well as others like the "Tuner" car and proto-type/ concept car?

Back in a bit to respond to any replies made, till then,
-

Back