Nurburgring Challenge *POST YOUR TIMES*

• Thread starter TurboJ
  • 558 comments
Wakeem
:crazy: you should be bugging those who are about 10 seconds faster than even ME, I demand a video to be posted up!
Who is 10 seconds faster than you?

Wakeem
Iceman!..DUh:yuck: with the M5
So you are complaining about a time that was never on the leaderboard, and has since been retracted for being dirty, as being faster than you? Do keep up.

Ah yes, but I also said that it cannot be so dirty as gain that many seconds out of it. Once he does a clean run, he'll still waste my time.

wakeem, Iceman also claimed to be in the process of purchasing a max drive.

certainly the time, for one reason or another, wont stand anyway.

Wakeem,
In case you've never cheated through mission 34... 10 seconds off a time at the ring is easy when you cut the grass.

For the record though, I always question times that are on D1 (wrs) level.
That includes wakeem and "ice."
Wakeem beat my times on atleast 2 occassions and had nothing to prove it. 👎
Don't tell me you forgot about this incident already.https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2029143&postcount=33

One of those times that really irked me was in this thread when he beat a good Z06 time of mine by several seconds.

Any way, for the sake of not getting too upset, I'm out of here for now.
Back later when I have times for the Mine's Skyline, R-tune Skyline, and one of the super-cars.

Till then,
Later. :D

Some of my times are not up yet, there on page 2. And you have my
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 as a RUF BTR.

well id assume Iceman would assume that he cannot cheat that much, he said he did it on two turns or something. I still say he will have the superior time and Ill really want to see that video on here. I can therefore empathasize with your frustration to me, i can see my times have really affected you haha.:indiff:

okay, this concept is an impressive one, i attempted a few laps with a car that i later found was illegal to use a week ago. i will run some laps with the bmw M5 car, so are we allowed to modify the suspension settings, if u can that is. and to wakeem, unfortantely for u, at the moment u will only be validated once u have the ability to supply ur replays, untill that time arrives, all ur times will have a large question mark alongside them.

EDIT:

ran some laps with bmw M5 and managed 7'28.327.

IcemanGER
Hi to everyone, first of all.

Just found this competition and thought to get back into some GT4.

Here is my first time after 5 laps

7'22.987-IcemanGER-BMW M5

....more to come

That time aint possible mate. that time is only possible if u do some serious wall riding, or more obviously, if u use the wrong tires. roughly, the limit with the M5 is a high 7'26.

my dfp is kinda broken now, so i wont be racing anymore cars till it is repaired, i think the volkswagen nardo concept car should be a blast to drive, cant wait to take that for a spin on N2 tires:)

cya

Holl, did you use any aids?

And im pretty sure the settings are to be untouched, all my times were that way. You didnt touch any settings for that 7 28 i assume.

thank God that 7 22 aint possible...

Wakeem
Holl, did you use any aids?

And im pretty sure the settings are to be untouched, all my times were that way. You didnt touch any settings for that 7 28 i assume.

thank God that 7 22 aint possible...

na, course not:sly: no aids, and u cant adjust anything with the M5 anyway, i didnt buy a BB kit also, and for further info regarding the lap, i dropped it in gear 2 about 5 times

7'24.861 Pagani Zonda S7.3
7'59.957 NSX Type-R Concept

I don't remember the exact times for the following few (I'll to go back later and record them again) but I've managed sub 8-minute times with them:
RUF 3400S (~7'58)
RUF BTR (~7'57)
TVR Tuscan (~7'55)

I found the following 2 are fun challenges to get under 8 and 9 minutes, respectively; my best times were:
BMW M3 - 8'02.xxx
BMW 2002 Turbo - 9'03.xxx

BB kit is a brake balance kit^ it is totally uncessary to buy it, especially in this format, IMO.

i uploaded a replay of the BMW M5 lap, its PAL:tup:

Attachments

• 28.327.max
    44.6 KB · Views: 13
holl01
BB kit is a brake balance kit^ it is totally uncessary to buy it, especially in this format, IMO.

Unneccessary as in "banned"

TurboJ
Nurburgring hotlaps driven with completely stock production cars.

Rules are simple:

-You can drive any PRODUCTION car, 100% unmodified (not even oil change unless it's a used car, so car performance is always consistent)
-You must use N2 tires for real-word performance
You're not allowed to buy anything, except for N2's and they're free.

After hours of practice, 7'24.8 was the best total time I could come up with in the Zonda, although I did lose about .5 seconds in multiple places due to late braking, for a total of about 2-3 seconds.. i believe with a very skilled driver 7'20 is possible.. anyone want to take a stab at it?? :)

The car requires very delicate input from the driver (the DS2 I'm using is a nightmare with a high-powered MR car on the Ring), especially on bumpy sections of the track.. there was nothing more frustrating than running the first half of the track faster than I've ever had before, only to misjudge a corner and fly off into the grass.. the long highspeed section before the ~100mph left-left combo curve before the karussel was particularly tricky, because all corners CAN be taken at full throttle provided you are perfectly lined up.. same with the section after the infamous bump a little after the technical slalom section, it's like trying to hang on to a rocket thats just dying to get airborne

I've managed to get a few new laps in... Nothing official but...
8'48.??? TRD Celica
8'12.??? "One of the Evo 8's" :lol:

I need to put in some "official" efforts and record the actual times (as well as save the replays).
Once I've got a lap recorded I will come back and post my progress. :D
Till then,
-

i just joined and not to sure where video links go to but i got a few here's the link for my RUF BTR 86

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2709504 or just go to ifilm.com and search for my name manhezze if this link dont work...

i dont know why theres hardly any engine sound in the video.. (the vid file works fine on my computer) going threw the lobby stuff the sound is fine... on the right theres a tab that you can use to see all the vids i uploaded the 787b vid has driving aids on but the btr 86 video the only thing done to it is the oil change

ok so i been reading some messages and i know now that ya need n2 tires which i didn't have i just had the tyres that came with it when i bought it + i did do a oil change... but heres the question with all these times are the videos showing the actual race footage so we all can see theres no driving aids on like my vid? and where are all these videos posted at? i'm making a new video now same way showing when i buy it then get the free tyres then race footage cuz replays dont show if the driving aids is blinking that i know of but then again im new to it it might some how can you show it in a replay?

nvm you can show it... at least now i dont have to tape every try at it i can just tape the replay showing the driving aid lights to prove it... hope thats the way the videos are made here on this site... and are the replays taped in the T.V style mode? or EG: roof cam back of car bumper??

Ooh, this sounds like fun! How did I overlook this thread for so long?! :D I'll try to submit a couple of times tonight.

the RUF BTR 86 has 375hp when your in the settings section but somewhere it shows 370hp (think its at your home garage) in any case theres no way of proving that theres no changes to your car only the hp as it shows the hp at the start of the replay and driving aids as you can prove that in the replay but as for changes to the car EG: shocks camber tyres etc... theres no way to show it... so havin said that i'll still post a video with N2 tires with nothing done to it and tape in the settings to show no mods then tape replay for the time... but i cant see me getting to involved in this its to bad there isn't a full proof way of showing your playing by the rules cuz every 10th post shows some guy saying something that breaks the rules then the next post has someone reminding him of the rules... its a shame to cuz this would be so much fun

Audi RS 4 '01 - 8'35.726
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95 - 8'58.122

And yes, i'm already aware that the nurb isn't exactly my specialty :P

RUF BTR 86 8'41.124 SO FAR

I TOOK 20 SECONDS OFF MY SECOND TRY BUT STILL 41 SECONDS OFF THE BEST TIME... ARE ALL THOSE TIMES WITHOUT ANY DRIVING AIDS? WITH n2 TYRES? NO MODS DONE INCLUDING OIL CHANGE?

SO CAN I SETUP THE CAR WITH THE FACTORY STUFF ON THE CARS?? CUZ I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING TO THE CAR... AND IS THIS WHAT YOU MENT IN EDIT

Correct. No mods, and only oil changes on used cars. Aids are up to your own discretion, and N2 tires only.

manhezze - welcome to GTP and to this thread. The BTR time you are chasing is from Appie17 who I trust to do things properly due to other challenges he's taken part in. There are some fast people out there, but you only did a few laps. Try it again, you will get faster.

Also, I would ask you to use the edit button. You have triple posted in this thread.

Back