Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
Toronado
I love how he owned a car that didn't exist.

No no no you're wrong, because here is what he said to me, his proof

Mopar 68
viper...that car in the photo is my car...

1968 Dodge Charger White Knight Special in other words chrysler australia also known as valiant...it is #36 of 500 genuine White Knight Specials produced in 1968

so before you show any more of your lack of knopwledge i suggest u find something else to talk about in another forum because u have just proven to me you know nothing at all

:P

Well I must know nothing at all then......... hang on

Haha but the car still never existed. :lol:

VIPERGTSR01
His 1150rwhp 426ci 7.6 second street Chrysler seemed genuine?

No it sounds totally bogus to me, if it was his car (and the times were real) it would make it the fastest street legal dragster in the world!

The current official holder of that title is actually a Vauxhall Calibra (no honest), with just a few mods, such as.

Vauxhall Calibra Body on a full tube chassis 706ci (11.5 ltr) Alluminium Big Block Engine
- Fully Street Legal, MOT, tax, full exhaust system, treaded tyres, runs on normal unleaded petrol
- Street car champion in 1999, 2001, 2002 and 2003.
- World Street Race Champion 2005 (held in America), making it world’s fastest streetcar
- Best times so far:
1/4 mile in 8.14 sec @ 174mph
0 - 60 in 1.25 sec

More Info - click here

Now consider that this car claims 1,400bhp and runs 8.14 second quarters, and is the winner of multiple championships. Compare that with our (now banned) 'members' claim of a 7.6second car from 1150bhp, and keep in mind that the above Calibra can be googled with ease for info, unlike the claimed car.

Ludicrous claim? Just a little.

Regards

Scaff

Scaff
The current official holder of that title is actually a Vauxhall Calibra (no honest), with just a few mods, such as.
not anymore ;)

John Sleath, builder, owner and driver of this Audi S2 Coupe, earlier today, 7.988/176.23mph (John was also 1st to 180mph on street tyres as well).

Spec for the Audi

1990 Audi S2 coupe, all steel panels, bumpers and original glass. Full tube frame chassis, built by John Sleath.
508ci (8.46 litre) big block Chevy, supercharged and fuel injected (making around 20psi and 1250hp), nitrous as well.
3 speed TH400 transmission, Neal Chance pro mod convertor.
Mickey Thompson drag radial rear tyres, fully street legal.
audi%201.jpg

coupe3.jpg

http://www.john-sleath.com/

Holdenhsvgtsr
not anymore ;)

Thats road legal?!

This does breaks into 7's aswell but looks a lot more like a road car than that (not sure if its street legal)

racecarfront3L.jpg

racecarmotorL.jpg

VIPERGTSR01
His 1150rwhp 426ci 7.6 second street Chrysler seemed genuine?

it cost me quite alot to rebiuld as it was quite far gone when i got it...
i dont worry about those fools...the fact is they need confirmation becayuse they are insecure and lie themselves...well as for me i have no reason to do so...

:/

Because they still have everythign you need for them to be street legal, hell if a motorised sofa can be street legal you can make a car that's fast in a straight line street legal too.

Potentially, making something roal legal uisually jsut means making a few modifications to it. You can make an Audi R8 LeMans car road legal with the right modifiaction. You need to check on your local laws.

Sweet. But as far as I know, road-legality in Israel means it has to be a stock car from a known manufacturer - even exchanging the rims on your car is not completely legal - they have to be rims authorized by the local dealer of your car company. Sad thing here :grumpy:.

EDIT: I tried googling, but it didn't show any laws telling what a car has to do/have in order to be street-legal.

Gingiba
Sweet. But as far as I know, road-legality in Israel means it has to be a stock car from a known manufacturer - even exchanging the rims on your car is not completely legal - they have to be rims authorized by the local dealer of your car company. Sad thing here :grumpy:.

EDIT: I tried googling, but it didn't show any laws telling what a car has to do/have in order to be street-legal.

You would have to phone the appropriate department of your local government, and ask them about it.

Guys? Can we take the "street legal" conversation to the Automotive board, please? Since we've debunked Mr. Mopar, it's not exactly relevant here. Thanks.

I think theres some sarcasm in that post, since it's blatantly obvious it's untrue :lol:. Still a ludicrous claim though.

Wanna hear a ludicrous claim?

My friend lives in Woodside--the slums of Queens--and his friend is some Spanish guy, who acts all gangsterlike. Aside from various claims of being in knife- and gunfights, he also said this--

"Yo, my dream car is a 1991 Toyota Supra, man. Put some NAWWSSS on it and that **** will fly man! My dad has one, and he got it up to 250 mph, man. Seriously, Im not kidding! That sh** will fly, mine'll be all pimped out with the turbos and tha NAWSSS and it can go 500 mph man!

No, my friend isn't a moron. His friend who I don't really know is.

He knows that his friend hasnt been in any gunfights, and that a supra can't go above 140 mph.

G.T, he wasn't joking. :dunce:. But I dont know him (only met him once) so I don't care.

"Yo, my dream car is a 1991 Toyota Supra, man. Put some NAWWSSS on it and that **** will fly man! My dad has one, and he got it up to 250 mph, man. Seriously, Im not kidding!
Tested on the Long Island Expressway, surely. With traffic. During rush hour.

Why is that not surprising? Hell, I've heard kid a say some friend of his in Dallas went 390Mph on bike on the highway. Wtf? :lol: He would have been off the bike in a second. I said, it'd have to be 390Kph, and even then, that's 240Mph, and I don't think there's a bike with 2 turbos, and is road legal enough to do that. :lol:

Ahhh, I'll have to post the link here to this kid at ForzaCentral who claimed to do a conversion, and now has an excuse for every piece of evidence I find.

Back