Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
Whoa, looks like Der Alta had some troubles way back then^. Well, I just wanted to see if this thread was still feasible. And to post my overdue contribution. I wasn't called out, but just in case:

Ludicrous, ridiculous, whatever. I like the r-word better, obviously.

Holy MachOne Batman, you can! Well, except the extra i, and any other straggler I didn't feel like searching for.

EDIT: Okay. I agree with Ozzy, Spike's claim of his cars and bike isn't ludicrous at all. But, is his claim of actually giving us pictures ludicrous? I'm calling him out on the pictures themselves.

Well, In Italy is not so hard to get good cars, take a trip to Torino and your jaw would hurt of having it open for so long. I'd believe this would be a ludicrous claim if he didn't prove it within 5 or 10 days...He just joined man.

Ciao!

Duċk;2433413

Why, I totally believe him :crazy:

It's perfectly normal for a cat to scratch a car so much it needs repainting. Infact, our car, which usually has two cats sitting on it (retirement house nearby), has never been scratched by cats. They did leave footprints - small ones in all the dust and dirt on the car - but cats don't scratch stuff.

Something tells me he of F1-powered-truck is trying to be facetious. Either way, it sounds stupid.

Woohoo! NIce cars Spike. And you guys actually sport them on the track, like they should be. I like you, you're pertty cool.

i own a really expensive Mercedes SLR Mclaren....
pict0018xt2.jpg

It looks very much like a model car with excellent detail. If so, would you mind sharing who makes it, and what other models tey make? Thanks!

It looks very much like a model car with excellent detail. If so, would you mind sharing who makes it, and what other models tey make? Thanks!

Its a CMC model.... Ooops, errrr, I mean its a Mercedes SLR McLaren.

Check out the 1/18th scale thread in the hobbies forum here and you'll find some excellent models from CMC and others. The CMC Maserati is awesome. Start from the back as it's near the end.

Ludicrous claims can even be about things other than cars. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2498723#post2498723

I suspect that this is a ludicrous claim, as he made this post
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1526171&postcount=48
Earlier in his career here.

I'll note the flooring, as something you'd likely see in an arcade, plus the picture above the TV's seems to point to it being an arcade as well. PM sent asking for pic & Sign.
Unless he's a very good photo-shopper he's actually telling the truth!

Because it's certainly not possible to bring a GTP sign to an arcade. The fact that the TVs are numbered (and that he needs more than one) is rather suspicous.

Because it's certainly not possible to bring a GTP sign to an arcade. The fact that the TVs are numbered (and that he needs more than one) is rather suspicous.
See, this is where it hits grey area. He has proven that they are real, and he can easily access them. May or may not be his, but he did provide pics with sign in a very fast manner.

Maybe he's a cockpit addict? Or maybe he has lots of GT4 playing mates who are always around. They're certainly not arcade cockpits.

Maybe he and a bunch of friends got approval and funding from their parents? Or maybe his dad thought it was a sweet idea and helped pay for it. Of course, that's three $150 TVs we're looking at.

Or maybe his father is the owner of the arcade and he lives in the upper floor of the building. [/stir]

I don't know, you don't usually see that type of floor on a regular house, and that room is kinda wide.

But that's just me though.

Ciao!

what if you're car is so awesome nobody would lie about owning it anyway? Everybody stand back it's got 115hp! Yea that's right, my rims are so ballin they cost almost as much as my tires.

dscn0086ql2.jpg

Back