Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
It'd be sweeter with some Maple Syrup.

I haven't seen anything noteworthy around here in a while, but I did catch this on another forum...

Also, his profile said that he was born in 1990.

Lol, need a link to see the replies on that. :lol:

I believe it's the 600hp FWD Sable that Gingiba is referring to.

I thought it had to be a crazy claim....the Sable is just dumb I was drinking scotch and on a morphine drip when I came up with that. Everyone knows Toyata Camrys never break.

Ask around .

Care to share tha morphine drip? Or better yet, post a picture with a hand written GTP sign next to it. :D

(note: cheesy grin)

Mmmmmm....Morphine. :drool:

Today I was told that a Ferrari Enzo by Ferrari could beat a Veyron....I'm not totally sure on that one though! :scared:

It wouldn't be that far behind in a drag race either. Up to around 200mph, when the Enzo begins to run out of puff, and the Veyron chugs away.

Really, because I have a lot of figures that say otherwise.

Enzo
0-60 - 3.4
0-100 - 6.6
0-150 - 13.1
0-200 - I couldn't find a figure for this but it's worth noting that the Enzo accelerates slower than a McLaren F1, and a McLaren F1 takes 28 seconds to hit 200mph.

Veyron
0-60 - 2.5
0-100 - 5.5
0-150 - 11.3
0-200 - 22.2

Someone correct me if I've worked this out wrong, but at 60mph the Veyron is 24 meters ahead.
At 100mph the Veyron is 49 meters ahead.
At 150mph the Veyron is 120 meters ahead.
If by some miracle the Enzo manages to catch upto the McLaren F1 by 200mph and hit 200mph in 28 seconds, it's still over half a kilometer behind the Veyron at that point.

Enzo
0-60 - 3.4
0-100 - 6.6
0-150 - 13.1
0-200 - I couldn't find a figure for this but it's worth noting that the Enzo accelerates slower than a McLaren F1, and a McLaren F1 takes 28 seconds to hit 200mph.

Veyron
0-60 - 2.5
0-100 - 5.5
0-150 - 11.3
0-200 - 22.2

Someone correct me if I've worked this out wrong, but at 60mph the Veyron is 24 meters ahead.
If by some miracle the Enzo manages to catch upto the McLaren F1 by 200mph and hit 200mph in 28 seconds, it's still over half a kilometer behind the Veyron at that point.

I didn't realise the gap was so large. Thanks for that.

I just don't think its true, when you are on the internet, you'll most likely never meet them, and have a tendency to lie a little more. :grumpy:

Enzo
0-60 - 3.4
0-100 - 6.6
0-150 - 13.1

Veyron
0-60 - 2.5
0-100 - 5.5
0-150 - 11.3
0-200 - 22.2

Perhaps in speed tests, but let's be honest. On a track, those really don't mean the Veyron wins.

Perhaps in speed tests, but let's be honest. On a track, those really don't mean the Veyron wins.

7:40 - Bugatti Veyron 16.4, 1001 PS/1980 kg (Wheels magazine Australia, 12/05)

well according to Wheels Magazine, in their 12/05 issue they lapped nordschleife in 7:40 in the Veyron, find me an enzo track time and we can compare. Besides, the 'ring really is the best track to use because it has every type of corner AND a long straight.

edit: i'm not trying to argue the veyron some type of a track car, because it isn't. There's no doubt in my mind the only reason the veyron ran that low of a time IS because of the back straight and it's ungodly top end. I'm just saying, before you start arguing veyron vs enzo on a track, it's best just to use times.

Actully, in my January issue of MOTOR magazine I have sitting next to me, they had an article testing both of those cars, plus the Carerra GT and Pagani Zonda. And this quote about the Veyron shows just which is the better.

MOTOR magazine
The fastest in a straight line, and the fastest around corners. It's just not fair...

Isn't the Veyron over 1,500 lbs heavier then the Enzo... :eek:

I'd put my money on the Enzo aginst a Veyron on your average F1 track. Imagine the stresses on the Veyron chasis trying to swing that much weight around at race speeds for over an hour.

True, but that wasn't a factor in what was being discussed. Though Clarkson reckons the Veyron could well be the fastest car round the TopGear track should they ever get the green light to track it.

7:40 - Bugatti Veyron 16.4, 1001 PS/1980 kg (Wheels magazine Australia, 12/05)

well according to Wheels Magazine, in their 12/05 issue they lapped nordschleife in 7:40 in the Veyron, find me an enzo track time and we can compare. Besides, the 'ring really is the best track to use because it has every type of corner AND a long straight.

edit: i'm not trying to argue the veyron some type of a track car, because it isn't. There's no doubt in my mind the only reason the veyron ran that low of a time IS because of the back straight and it's ungodly top end. I'm just saying, before you start arguing veyron vs enzo on a track, it's best just to use times.
7:40 is not an ace ring time for a 1000bhp car, however it is also worth noting that while the Veyron did run the ring in 7:40 that was timed independantly of VAG, the car was not doing an official hot lap, and it was in traffic.

As for the Enzo, it was taken to the Ring once to be compared to the Porsche Carrera GT. However on arrival they decided not to run the Enzo because the car was too low, they'd have had to run it with the nose raised which would have serious effects on the cars high speed performance.

Okies... Let's step away from the "Which Supercar is the Fastest" speculation and back onto ludicrous claims made by GTP users on GTP.

I just don't think its true, when you are on the internet, you'll most likely never meet them, and have a tendency to lie a little more. :grumpy:

The owner of that car posts on Supraforums - he's a 25 year old from Maryland. I doubt Biggamehit is lying about it being his buddies.

Biggamehit actually posted his thread here about the car before the owner posted about it on Supraforums...

39wj8.gif

Me thinks it was a joke.

Or maybe he and his wife got a big limo ride to some fancy place for christmas?

Back