Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
EDIT- Sorry Mike, you posted that whilst I was typing. :) Message Deleted.

👍

And finally Theace37, the standard practice for proving 'possession/ownership' is to include in the pics a note with "GTP" and your username in it. If you have a receipt or three for a unique item(s), that would also dissuade people claiming they belong to a third party (which given your time delay, now is the obvious go-to response).

Mike Rotch
👍

And finally Theace37, the standard practice for proving 'possession/ownership' is to include in the pics a note with "GTP" and your username in it. If you have a receipt or three for a unique item(s), that would also dissuade people claiming they belong to a third party (which given your time delay, now is the obvious go-to response).

I have a recipt from my latest purchases im sure i can include

By the way, he means for the car, not for a chocolate bar and a packet of gum :P

I know its ironic me saying this, but Mike did say not to grill him anymore, at least until he has posted some pictures.

Just a friendly heads-up :)👍

No! Really? :sly:

And if I were you, I'd just ignore the derogatory comments and not encourage them.
You'll get your chance to prove us all wrong tomorrow. ;)

And with the :P, I was hoping that my post came across tongue-in-cheek. If I wanted to get into Theace about his model car collection, I would have done so by now.

And with the :P, I was hoping that my post came across tongue-in-cheek. If I wanted to get into Theace about his model car collection, I would have done so by now.

Yep, and the "friendly heads-up" was me letting you know that I didn't take your post too seriously, but I still urged against any form of snide remark. :)

Honestly, this thread is right now comparable to me saying I have a chihuahua, then getting thrown on the floor, someone saying I can't possibly have one if I'm the epitome of manliness that I am, then abusing me verbally until I finally decided to show proof that yes, I do own a chihuahua, and he's wonderful.

I'm just saying, I'd title this thread "Ludicrous Claims: Pedantic Asshattery"

I should add, for App users (I finally gave up and just started using Chrome), the new Imageshack app, SkyPath, is pretty smooth and will give you a direct link in the email sharing option that you can copy and paste.

Keep in mind it was an Admin that posted this thread. Criticising this thread is criticising an Admin - and therefore besmirching GTP.

Sorry. That's life. Study Civics.

Also - the flavour of the thread has changed; when the thread was first posted, it made a lot of sense. The idea behind it seems to have deteriorated.

From the OP:

Der Alta;1588634[COLOR="Red"
]Don't you just love it? Seeing as how this is a community based around a Racing Video Game, we often get the excitable members that like to make ludicrous claims. Yes, you've seen them.

"I've got a 700hp Supra that's a daily driver"

"I've got a Mustang slammed on 20's that'll smoke anything you've got"

"My dad drives a 600hp Porsche"

"I drift a Skyline"

"I drag a 685hp mustang"

The usual claimant is in their early teens and loves to quote rear wheel horse power and dyno charts and $6000 in suspension upgrades, among other fabrications. Along with this comes the attitude/ego to match the size of the engine Horsepower.

In three years here, I've seen some fantastically fun ones. I'm sure that others can come up with a few as well.

I'm putting out a standard challenge. If you make a ludicrous claim, you need to post a picture of it, along with a hand written sign on the car. The sign shall have "GTplanet.net" and your member name on it.

If you can't post that image (Hey, you can dump $6000 on a suspension, $15 on a digicam at the local store isn't much) then your claim will be stamped "ludicrous" and you'll be cast out, as well as made the laughing stock.

If you guys find fun ones, post em up in here
[/COLOR]
AO

Honestly, this thread is right now comparable to me saying I have a chihuahua, then getting thrown on the floor, someone saying I can't possibly have one if I'm the epitome of manliness that I am, then abusing me verbally until I finally decided to show proof that yes, I do own a chihuahua, and he's wonderful.

Absolutely.

Well said.

Well we have already proven that as he has admitted that it's a GMP model not a CMC, we have also disapproved his second claim that he is looking to buy and quote "money no object" 1/18 scale car yet turned down the $3,000,000 diamond and gold Veyron.

It stands by the aup that you shouldn't be posting false and misleading information.

Complaining about someone saying they have a toy certainly isn't the most ridiculous thing I've seen posted in this thread (nothing will probably top Digital-Nitrate's tirade against Joey D, or that silliness with the bet from the Grand Theft Auto forum), but if you're going to use that as a reason to harass members because they were speaking figuratively rather than literally then it's damn close to it and you have far too much idle time. Go read a book or something.

Last edited:
Keep in mind it was an Admin that posted this thread. Criticising this thread is criticising an Admin - and therefore besmirching GTP.

Sorry. That's life. Study Civics.

Also - the flavour of the thread has changed; when the thread was first posted, it made a lot of sense. The idea behind it seems to have deteriorated.

From the OP:

The point of the thread is fine and no one is questioning the thread itself. However, some of the more recent posts are just full of face palm. No one's slagging GTP or an admin.

Oh, by the way, if he gets proven to be a liar, what actually happens? Does he get a virtual slap on the wrist? :P

And, in reply to the past few post; I really don't care whether or not he has a toy car or not. I just enjoy the arguing debating :lol:

Xm.

TB
All of this nonsense over a typo? Seriously? :rolleyes:

Actually no if you go back and look at the posts he originally claimed he had a CMC 330 p4 I actually did correct him on it being a GMP 330 P4 but again he still claimed it was a CMC if you look at the posts they actually ranged from September through to December if he wishes to admit its a typo 4 months later then sure he can but why not at the time?

In that time frame aswell he was also asked by several members to post pictures but ignored those requests hence the call out.

And lets be honest when is someone claiming they can afford something " money no object " not a Ludicrous claim :lol:

And lets be honest when is someone claiming they can afford something " money no object " not a Ludicrous claim :lol:

I suggest the Bourne novels. They are pretty well written (even the extension novels by people other than Robert Ludlum are pretty good), and they will take up a lot of your free time.

I suggest the Bourne novels. They are pretty well written (even the extension novels by people other than Robert Ludlum are pretty good), and they will take up a lot of your free time.

Lustbader's Bourne novels are a lot of fun but they definitely lack the depth of a Ludlum novel. Plus the guy is cranking out one every year.

Why the need to take something so literally? It's about context and in reference to model cars it meant he didn't mind paying a few hundred dollars or more for a high end replica. Pretty silly to make a federal case out of it.

Pretty silly to make a federal case out of it.

Don't worry, we've reported him to the FBI and the IRS. They've instructed us not to ban him nor edit his posts, as it's an ongoing investigation. Maybe more will get picked up in this model car collection ring, dubbed "Project Odell" by the authorities.

Actually no if you go back and look at the posts he originally claimed he had a CMC 330 p4 I actually did correct him on it being a GMP 330 P4 but again he still claimed it was a CMC if you look at the posts they actually ranged from September through to December if he wishes to admit its a typo 4 months later then sure he can but why not at the time?
Or....... He simply copy/pasted his list and didn't bother to change it. Regardless, still not seeing the big deal.

Back