Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
So your shot clock starts now. Pupik has given you options with which to upload your images (which you have already taken), so there isn't really an excuse now not to post something by tomorrow.

Unless there are new fangled clocks with more then 24 hours on them; you missed your chance. It's your credibility bud....

Wow. He sat in a car.

Well, it's not like he's saying he owns it or anything...

It's entirely possible; the JGTC did have an exhibition race in California in 2004.

:lol: I was thinking as JGTC cars never come over seas and are hardly motorshow headliners, but I never knew SGT did an exhibition race at California, I suppose that explains it 👍

I've sat in a riced out MG if that counts.

I was 6, I had no idea what I was doing.

You mean, it used to pertain to only Japanese cars. Now it's used for any manufacturer of any origin with a similar style.

Maybe slang terms have evolved differently from country to country.

From my understanding, the term "ricer" originates from American Hot-Rod guys calling Japanese cars "Rice Burners", which then evolved into the term "RICE" (Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement)... which to me means: Faffed up modified car regardless of it's country of origin.

I still hate the term though...

I see it as cosmetic upgrades to a car to make it appear to "look fast" while having very little or even no, mechanical upgrades.

Thus proper race/track day cars that actually use the big ass wings are not deemed as rice.

Roo
I've sat in Colin McRae's title winning Subaru. So what?

If he'd said he'd driven it, that would be Claim worthy, but sitting in a car is no big deal.

:drool: Lucky bugger. I got a photoshoot with a 1998 McLaren F1 car ;)

Back