Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
I made a friendly approach.

I don't mean to be rude, but obviously saying that you have 570bhp Evo and a 603bhp Skyline does sound a little suspicious, and those videos are both from different channels (and are both illegal, which is against this site's AUP). Could you post a picture of proof, perhaps you holding a piece of paper with your username on in front of the two cars?

Should have asked for the paper inside the Skyline in addition to outside it, just so he can't go up to any ol' Skyline and take a picture.

Also, his profile says he owns an orange R32 Skyline GTR, and in the thread, he claims to own a R33 and makes no mention of the R32.

This whole thing smells sketchy.

3qolhf.jpg

Danny just pointed out to me that the video is of an R32 but he says he has an R33.

Feel free to make your own contributions to his thread also. :P

One of the two channels claims to be from the UK and the other seems to depict UK Plates.. too blurry to confirm.

I don't know why you'd use two separate channels for something like this but it is viable - as is the power output of these two cars.

Not ludicrous but certainly deserving of proof.

You don't believe him. But, he's on the interwebs. Everybody/thing on the interwebs is truthful. Right?

OMG, OMG, OMG. My world has been turned upside down. Left is right, water is dry, Lady Gaga is a woman. My head hurts.

My primary concern is that he claims to own an Evo 8 RS, but the Evo in the video he linked appears to be an Evo GSR or MR because I don't see any window cranks... And there is a radio headunit in the car yet the RS doesn't have a radio or speakers. It'd be an awful hassle to install a headunit and wire speakers.

He seems to be consistent in his claim of his dads R34, but it looks like he mixed up R33 and R32.

Has anyone PM'd him?

I thought you could get the power windows back with the "urban jungle" kit? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Pupik
You can't believe everything you read.

/divide overflow

But the internet says everything posted is fact. Doesn't it?

justchyllan
My primary concern is that he claims to own an Evo 8 RS, but the Evo in the video he linked appears to be an Evo GSR or MR because I don't see any window cranks... And there is a radio headunit in the car yet the RS doesn't have a radio or speakers. It'd be an awful hassle to install a headunit and wire speakers.
Yep. You know your EVOs sir.

Well I snooped too, and the photo was originally taken at Santa Pod Raceway which is viable. And the original set also contains a Midnight Purple R33 like he claims to own. He might just be telling the truth.

If he is, he's going completely the wrong way about it. If I owned a MNP R33 GT-R with a family member owning an R34 and someone asked me to go take a photo of the vehicles at 10am, you bet I'd have a photo uploaded inside five minutes.

Not to mention I wouldn't get all hissy at people asking for said photos...

Lock2Lock
But the internet says everything posted is fact. Doesn't it?

The internet speaks with many a forked and twisted tongue. It also tends to spit and drool. But there's a nugget of truth out there.

Anyone else notice that the mirrors of "his" evo in the video don't seem to match the pictures...? In the video he has full size mirrors, but in his pictures, he's got MR edition shrunken side mirrors... Also looks like he got a paint job... The video is pretty recent and he claims to have recently gotten his wheels which would indicate that he still has those mirrors since those wheels are on the car with the MR mirrors...

Untitled by JustChyllan, on Flickr

I had to take a screen shot of the evo since his thread was closed...

Back