Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
While it's not the usual "I OWN ALL DA SUPERCARS" claim, I couldn't let this one get away.

I may complain about PD's reluctance to drop the Standards, but I won't argue with the quality of the new stuff they put out. I especially wouldn't suggest I could do a better job in 1/100th of the time.

I may complain about PD's reluctance to drop the Standards, but I won't argue with the quality of the new stuff they put out. I especially wouldn't suggest I could do a better job in 1/100th of the time.

I find it difficult to get mad at PD because while they might take their time (or not, I have no idea what processes they go through), the stuff they pump out premium-wise (and sometimes standard-wise too) is of such jaw-dropping quality.

If he could throw together the same quality models that PD do in that time, then his incredible talents are clearly being wasted.

Hei
This is about real cars. Read the OP.

2 posts later, a mod posts this :lol:

While it's not the usual "I OWN ALL DA SUPERCARS" claim, I couldn't let this one get away.

Shhh, quiet! The OP may give all real-life car examples, but DA never specifically said this was exclusively about that ;).

Besides:
Challenge accepted . Considering I made a car in three weeks , Talking to my girlfriend while working on inventor in a 45 class period, say i worked half an hour for three weeks , minus Saturday Sunday and Thursday..
by wends day ill have the headlight of say a 1973 mach one mustang in its casing .. by wends day. with as many Polly's as pd puts into it. 3d modelings not as hard as PD puts it out to be .
Heck I did the whole top of a tank in one week in January , hatch , bullets, barrel, welding ports bolts, the whole enchilada in one week. All this while working on assignments. sure if it took me two months to build stuff like that id have an f.

If it isn't PD quality, I fail to see the point.

wk26.jpg

Go on, then.

If it's that easy for him to make one in such high detail, surely adding something relating to GTPlanet would take a blink of an eye.

Well, one has to wonder if he is making actual real time models or just renders as well.

Well, he put up, as it were:

Wow PD is really slow considering i made this in oh 15 Min. by frogmanlego, on Flickr
Work in progress... ;P wheres that mod..

Yeah stop speculating its 2d.. by frogmanlego, on Flickr
Placing it n a game engine is not modeling a car . and it should be as simple as doing it in ten min. ? Im seeing half of you guy's here know jack squat about how games are made or how graphics seem to work, GT5 took so long due to them optimize there REMADE ENGINE on a new platform and as I said originally that whole time it takes to " make it" is probably spent on sources and sizes.. , animating a car? who said that XD
EDIT : its the mach one head light .. XD its not done but it should be by tomorrow..
http://www.oldcarsguide.com/ford/mustang/1973-mustang.html Headlight

Fullscreen-capture-8192012-60351-PM.bmp.jpg

Next car for GT6 confirmed.

The whole problem is, PD's issue is not simply modelling the cars. It's optimizing those models to provide as much detail as possible without negatively affecting the ability of the game to run at full speed.

That's something that GT5 did very well that people don't seem to appreciate.

Guys I will have it ( lamp) by Thursday, i brain farted and forgot i don't go to that class tomorrow.

Well, that was posted on Tuesday. It's now Friday evening, and I've still haven't seen his completed models that are "so easy to model and create."

Color me surprised.

SO yup, nothing came to fruition. I remember trying to make a wheel on solid works. It took me a month to get it to the quality I wanted.

Pictures are on my phone . .. I just felt it was pointless :dopey: seeing as you guys started crap talking the early work that took me 15 min's and had just about every peace individually made as opposed to pd's versions Go ahead say it takes them two months of time to make.. the guy who works there probably procrastinates

Oh man this guy.. Lol

I suppose making peace individually is far easier than changing the world.

That is a good video of a car being modeled very fast. And it is not a PD quality model (still a good). 2 months per car? Heck no, but not something you can do in a week. 2-3 weeks is more realistic. For the model/textures.

Now, that "headlight" shouldn't take more than 2 minutes to make (I just timed myself in Maya).

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure the videos he posted are illegal, but that's besides the point.

The fact that both videos posted are from two totally different channels doesn't add up for starters.

Back