Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
Yeah... I learned this pretty quickly...

Emphasis on really nice pictures... Because they're worth reusing... But poor quality dealership photos? Hmmm...

If I'm remembering correctly, you have an Evo X... Even if you could justify cosmetic mods (I can't either) I don't think there are any out there for the X that are very cool anyway.... Maybe except the DoLuck duck bill trunk.

Nah. Evo VIII, I do not like the X's at all.

Last real Evo in my eyes was the IX's. the X's just seem soft in comparison. Lack the Raw race car feel that is Evo. If go Scooby coupe before X.

Mine only has wheels and front lip for looks. Lowered does help looks but it's for handling more so. Oh and old boy did do the black suede furniture from a IX in mine. I wanna black suede all plastic pillars. Thinking that would really look nice and plush. If the DIY side isn't to much of a hassle. I'll prob do that over this winter.

TB
As have I. The difference becomes the price of the car offset by the credibility of the user. Prove yourself trustworthy first and/or claim a believable vehicle and you'll have no issues. 👍

I have attempted to use ones from Google to show what my truck looks like but it has just enough visual modifications to make it it's own, unreplicated thing.

Nah. Evo VIII, I do not like the X's at all.

Last real Evo in my eyes was the IX's. the X's just seem soft in comparison. Lack the Raw race car feel that is Evo. If go Scooby coupe before X.

Mine only has wheels and front lip for looks. Lowered does help looks but it's for handling more so. Oh and old boy did do the black suede furniture from a IX in mine. I wanna black suede all plastic pillars. Thinking that would really look nice and plush. If the DIY side isn't to much of a hassle. I'll prob do that over this winter.

Hmmm I remember someone with an Evo X on here... Either way I agree 100%. I think a lot of what made evos special was that they were radically different than the base lancer, but the X.... It's definitely softer all around, the complete interior, seems like it was made to be a street car with rally character, not a road going rally car like every Evo prior. Also don't understand why they ditched the 4G63 and then decided to flip the motor so the turbo is smashed up against the firewall. 👍 on the 8 I prefer the front bumper over the 9 all mesh grill, I like the pyramid with the badge on it.

But, do you go, "Hey, here's my new car" & then post pictures that date all the way back to Fall 2012 or Jan/Feb. of this year?

That's not new, then.

Never mind a dealer typically wouldn't keep a car like that in his showroom for over a year, in this age of eBay and auto-sales websites, unless it was an very expensive vehicle (Lexus LFA, for example). Not impossible, but also not plausible.

What's funny is that the interior picture is from an review of the vehicle, while the other seems to be a picture the guy took of a friend's vehicle before he bought it; there are other photos of a silver SRT8 sitting in the friend's driveway.

OwensRacing

Hmmm I remember someone with an Evo X on here... Either way I agree 100%. I think a lot of what made evos special was that they were radically different than the base lancer, but the X.... It's definitely softer all around, the complete interior, seems like it was made to be a street car with rally character, not a road going rally car like every Evo prior. Also don't understand why they ditched the 4G63 and then decided to flip the motor so the turbo is smashed up against the firewall. 👍 on the 8 I prefer the front bumper over the 9 all mesh grill, I like the pyramid with the badge on it.

Ok then.....
8603546387_63961b9760_z.jpg

8604616446_7f72d922d2_z.jpg

8603510267_5e2df7ed40_z.jpg

8603520215_4542533422_z.jpg

So, he's giving an opinion about the street car that you don't agree with & then you go posting a track-built example to disprove it?

:rolleyes:

Ok then.....

Do note, I love fast and can respect all cars that make good power.

The X was designed to appeal to a larger audience. The previous Evo's lack cruise control, road rough, they was as I said more raw. This narrowed the buyers market.

Even Mitsubishi said the X was tamed and made more plush to appeal to a broader audience. It's all about sales.

There are some nasty X's out there. There are few that have exterior mods that make them look really good. I'm just saying for me. I would buy a VIII or IX before a X. If I was buy one for a daily. The X would be better suited.

If we all liked the same car. It would be a pretty boring world. ;)

They make many good economy cars and crossovers. Just because they aren't top of the line sporty doesn't mean they are bad.

Hei
They make many good economy cars and crossovers. Just because they aren't top of the line sporty doesn't mean they are bad.

IMO they feel cheaply built. Apples to apples, they're not that great. There are a lot of other econo-boxes I'd buy before I'd buy a Mitsubishi. I spent that past couple weeks helping my aunt shop for a new car, going to various dealers checking out all the commuter cars, I can't see why anyone would buy a Mitsubishi... They just don't stack up to the competition. I love Mitsu, believe me, I tried as hard as I could to like them, but they just felt flimsy. Oh and they didn't pass my aunt's "Door close thump" sound test :lol:

But back on track.... Has anyone PM'd Mitsubishi about "his" SRT8?

Edit: PM'd him.

Last edited:
Hei

Eh...

They make a couple pretty decent cars that you'd nonetheless have a hard time choosing over a Hyundai, a bunch of ones that are about half a decade outdated (like the Galant and Eclipse were when they went out of production), and the Evo. Their situation outside of America is a lot better, but Chrysler breaking off ties with them to go shack up with FIAT hurt them badly; and they weren't doing too well before then anyway.

hey now. I'm rocking a 2000 eclipse (in black and yes, thanks mitsi i've been sans most of the paint for a while) at 150k with the OG clutch. Thanks to taking a corner the completey wrong way in some wet-drying conditions, its had some duct tape on its front bumper since 05, and its still going strong. The exhaust seems to have rusted through, and I'm not sure if it'll pass inspection this year, but its a car that while its been taken care of, is still doing quite well. One of the best car ads I've seen in a while. Unfortunately for mitsubishi it looks like a huge pile of crap so I'm the only one who knows how great it still is. And if I had enough money for a new car myself I'd definitely consider mitsubishi for their great quality of what I've experienced. I just wouldn't get it in black.

Ah yes, the 2000-2005 Eclipse. The one everyone would like to forget about. :P

The ones that look a bit like a Pontiac and have no redeeming qualities in my mind. The V6 powered one was just underwhelming in every way.

Ah yes, the 2000-2005 Eclipse. The one everyone would like to forget about. :P

Bahahaha yes. They should have just stopped after 99..

The ones that look a bit like a Pontiac and have no redeeming qualities in my mind. The V6 powered one was just underwhelming in every way.

Yep, the fastest model 3rd gen was slower than the fastest 2nd gen like I have. 2G GSX FTW.

Guys, you're like... totally wrong:

Best Car Ever.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha can't stop laughing.

Can't. Tell. If. Serious.

Definitely serious. ( ;) )

Don't forget he was granny shifting too

Not double clutching like he should have.... In a drag race.. because everyone knows you double clutch to upshift.

Because bitches love understeer.

No. Chicks dig cars that look like they were dropped off a cliff, or a very heavy person sat in their car.

And some of those cars have understeer.

You guys hang out with the wrong women. All the chicks I know dig a guy who has a clean, dependable transportation and doesn't drive like a jerk.

Dat buzzkill.

Back