Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
Sometimes real life is more ludicrous than fiction.
This is funny because I highly doubt that anyone will believe this, I didn't until I saw it for myself. One of my best friends mom's boyfriend's owns and lives in an airplane hangar filled with 30-40+ original musclecars/classics. Think lines of corvettes, 440 R/T Charger, Galaxy 500, Chevelles's camaro's, 442's, etc.
Is his name Dirk Pitt?

Or we could go for real people, like Clive Cussler or Dirk Cussler.

Result.

Nice Z/28. I want, obviously.

Ask him if he knows a guy called Jack Wendel... 'coz I know Jack wants to meet this guy. :D

Tell you what, let's try to list them off, you can edit these into the photo post.

1. 1967 Mustang GT Fastback. Might not be a GT, but hey. I think it's a 67 from the tiny little blank in the middle of the scoop. '67s had two 'vents', '68s had one.
2. Um... could that be real? A 67 or 68 Shelby? Yummilicious, with extra Cherry Sauce.
3. Yellow and white Nomad in the foreground? And a '67 Chevelle on the ramp. Sweet. Blue car behind... is that an Olds?
4. Oooh, all I really see is that Orange/black Z28, shakin' it's ass. And the T-bird on the right.
5. Oldsmobile 442. Interesting.
6. ??
7. Purty lady, with beer. And Z28.
8. Triumph in the middle? What's that on the left, an old Honda? And what's behind the bike?
9. Small block '70 Stingray coupe in Bridgehampton(?) blue... I think 1970 by the fender vent. Fantastic - the best all rounder for pace on the track. And a convertible behind in Mulsanne(?) blue - nice. And a Mustang Coupe/Notch behind (what year? 67? 68?)
10. Ah, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. '69 Camaro Z/28 with single four barrel Holley and Cowl Induction hood option. Sexy.
11. Silver late 2nd gen Pontiac Firebird TransAm Someone will be able to ID the year from the T/A 6.6 badge, I'm sure.
12a/b. I'm not big on the fifties stuff - but didn't Doc Emmet Brown drive one of these?!
13. The 350 LT-1 Corvette engine.
14. The 302 in the Z/28. These all look like survivors, bought and parked. Is that right?
15. Ack, another '70 Corvette LT-1 in Ontario Orange. This place is amazing.
16a/b/c. Three pics of a very lucky guy in a Sting Ray. I could probably ID the year exactly from the clock and trim, given a bit of time, but black/white trim in a blue car suggests pre-'66.
17. Something Japanese. Someone here will know. ;)

I want the orange Corvette and the yellow Z/28. Soooo much. And that Sting Ray you were sitting in too, if it's going. :)

I love it how the "no pics sorry" clause seems to be an automatic way of assuring you have said car.
:lol:

Surely if you can supposedly afford an Escalade with nitrous, body kit etc you can afford a digital camera! :dunce:

:lol:

Surely if you can supposedly afford an Escalade with nitrous, body kit etc you can afford a digital camera! :dunce:

Maybe he spent all his money on chopping the roof off of his Scooby and getting his custom rims made for the Escalade. But even then, who doesn't have at least one friend with a digital camera or cellphone camera nowadays?

I'll take one yellow and black '69 Z/28 please.

Cash or cheque?

Cool. And how many green pieces of hemp with dead men's faces on them would I be required to part with?

Bugger. Same prices as the UK then. Thought I might snag a little cross-Atlantic exchange-rate-based bargain.

Shazbat.

No her boyfriend does or rather ex, I dunno she gets back with him everytime we want to go to Nascar for free.

Great collection. 👍

I wanted to ask if he's storing these at the airport near the speedway, but that's a base. Nearby, though?

I was really really drunk when we went there, so not positive on the locale, even though I probably wouldn't post it's location even if I knew it.
That's fine. I'm just curious as the Speedway is just within a couple hours drive from me. I wouldn't actually intend on going to this guy to see his collection.

That "36 Monarch" Is a Mid Fifties Mercury Sun Valley/ Ford Sunliner. Behind the Triumph is a Kaiser Henry J. Also, that Ford Galaxie 500? That's a NASCAR special, really cool. :D

I reckon that's worthy of a dedicated thread. :)

Great collection, thanks for sharing.

P1010021.jpg

How much for this one? I always wanted a '70.5 "split bumper" Camaro Z/28! I even love the color!

Back