Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
The obvious reaction is yes, they should, like said, they don't earn the credits. But when is pointed out as a liar a few times, it's okay to let him go...

I think my English is too bad to really explain what I mean.. =\

It's never acceptable to be a perpetual liar. On the internet, at work, or with friends. If you get your balls busted on here for lying, you MIGHT learn a lesson from it. If I start lying to my boss trying to cover up my mistakes, and he finds out, I get fired. Liars need to be broken of their habits, in my mind, people keeping them in check accomplishes that.

The obvious reaction is yes, they should, like said, they don't earn the credits. But when is pointed out as a liar a few times, it's okay to let him go...

I think my English is too bad to really explain what I mean.. =\
Why? I mean, should liars be allowed to be liars? Specially when it goes against the general forum rules? I fail to see that logic to be honest.

It has no relevance whatsoever since its internet, but prompting them up will just create more and more liars, therefore making the forums worst. I sort of understand where are they coming from and what they want to achieve, but then internet doesn't work that way, is better to take them out in the light than just letting them keep sustaining a lie, which other will believe as true.

Not to mention that it also compromises the validity of discussions and stuff.

poseur-ism often comes with a whole smack-load of attitude
Attitude is the worst part. It's one thing to lie, do a little defending (more lies), and then give up when you realize you're in a losing battle. It's quite another to cop the "HOW DARE YOU!" attitude, and act indignant about it. That is what will start the digging...and some people on here are pretty good at digging.

The quality of the members and discourse at GTP is a lot higher than at most other car-related forums, and that is what keeps me here (and others, I'm sure). The trolls get called out, and eventually leave. There are lots of great people here with awesome cars. It's fun to interact with them. It is annoying to deal with 14-year-olds claiming to be Grand Prix drivers with a Ferrari daily-driver and a Veyron for the weekend. That's why this thread exists.

Carlos isn't talking about liars getting called out. He feels that the process is too thorough, accusers go too far.

I'm not a regular in this thread, but from what I have seen, I don't think people overreacted. If a member lie, get caught, they could just go away. If they choose not to go away, try to cover up their lie with more lies, that is their problem.

If you don't want bunch of people jumping on you, just cut your losses, leave. Better yet, don't tell a lie in the first place. ;)

The whole point of calling out the liars is to maintain the quality of the discussion. GTP's mods, admins and owner only want to encourage honest discussion, which isn't really possible when you have people claiming to be racing drivers, test drivers etc.

It also makes us value the participation of those who actually do the things they say that they do for a living.

The whole point of calling out the liars is to maintain the quality of the discussion. GTP's mods, admins and owner only want to encourage honest discussion, which isn't really possible when you have people claiming to be racing drivers, test drivers etc.

It also makes us value the participation of those who actually do the things they say that they do for a living.

Pff, we're having real race drivers around here. Me, for example.

I'm just having to pay a little bit of money every other week or so and BAM - race driver! The stewards at the local karting track just don't understand my inner calling and keep charging me money. ;)

Don't you just love it? Seeing as how this is a community based around a Racing Video Game, we often get the excitable members that like to make ludicrous claims. Yes, you've seen them.

"I've got a 700hp Supra that's a daily driver"

"I've got a Mustang slammed on 20's that'll smoke anything you've got"

"My dad drives a 600hp Porsche"

"I drift a Skyline"

"I drag a 685hp mustang"

Wow, why haven't I seen this thread before? :lol: It's so funny to see people bragg about what they supposedly drive. At least I'm an honest guy, I drive a "engine problems, ugly looking, stock as 🤬, about to die" VW Golf '01 :crazy: :lol:

BTW, chech this thread out, another guy bragging about his four cars

Little late,

However a person comes here claiming a car. Usually steels others pics and portrays to be them or own their car.

In comes someone expecting an individual that is truthful and engages into conversation relative to the car claimed. Maybe this person owns one too and wants to discuss with other GT5 racers how they like it or if they had problems. Maybe this person looking g for this model and resources what seems to be a legit owner. When indeed they are wasting time and effort.

So thank to the sleuths here at GTP you and me can rest easy knowing most claims are checked into and you can walk away from here knowing the integrity of this sites is secured by its caring members.

Any takers? :sly:

Trumped by my first car. I give you, the Lada Samara!

VAZ_Lada_Samara_04.jpg

Except mine was beige, so even more fail. :yuck:

Or, since he mentioned that he took very many lessons indeed, a provisional licence. Which would allow him to drive a car - perhaps even his own - on public roads with supervision (from someone aged at least 21 with a full licence for at least 3 years) quite legally and is a prerequisite for the driving lessons he said he spent "thousands" on.

Back