Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
biiittttchhhheesss i gotta 1956 ford pickup with 24's on it, painted mini monster symbols and made them into a big monster symbol, it is LOOUUDDDD

rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
..........................................How 'bout "NO".

So how come he got banned and GTMAIL hasn't? Just cause he said foo uoo haters?

The sweary rant and offensive avatar he chose to employ for his death-by-cop might have had something to do with it.

*checks mod forum*

Yep.

The M3 has been claimed to be the best car ever by quite a large number of car magazines and reviewers. The C63 is just too much to handle. I mean, it may be fun and drifty on track, but imagine driving it on a mountain road in Switzerland. I did this with a friend's C63, and it was quite scary. The handling was quite wild. But the noise was amazing.
The M3 just handles better. It's the obvious choice for the track day driver who also wants to go home in the same car. It's the benchmark sport saloon, along with the M5.

And I still kinda regret buying an E63 AMG.
Hmm...

I want to say that they're talking about GT5 cars. But given I don't play GT5, I can't be too sure that all the cars being talked about exist in the game.

I want to say that they're talking about GT5 cars. But given I don't play GT5, I can't be too sure that all the cars being talked about exist in the game.
Nope. He says he drove a C63 in Switzerland, so obviously he's talking about real life. Not to mention there's no E63 AMG in GT5. ;)

Or he might be talking about the E55 AMG.

So if you kneel next to a car with a post card and your username, does that make it yours?

Knew I should have kept that note card handy when I found that Lamborghini this afternoon.

1241Penguin
Nope. He says he drove a C63 in Switzerland.

Well, Eiger is in Switzerland. So maybe he borrowed a friends C63 online and drove around that track. :lol:

So if you kneel next to a car with a post card and your username, does that make it yours?
A lot of people who make these insane claims generally make highly-specific insane claims. Case in point:

biiittttchhhheesss i gotta 1956 ford pickup with 24's on it, painted mini monster symbols and made them into a big monster symbol, it is LOOUUDDDD
How many 1956 Ford pick-ups with twenty-four inch rims and a giant Monster energy logo made up of hundreds of little Monster energy logos do you you think are out there?

The answer is "not many" if not "none". The car in question is probably mmman999's dream car, but because of the anonymity of the internet, he can claim to have anything he wants, even if he doesn't actually have it. And that's why claims like this are challenged. If the user actually has the car they say they do, they won't hesitate to prove it, and they're usually happy to. If they don't have the car, they usually slink away with their tail between their legs.

My father drove a ferrari F50 when he was in the limousine business. Now he owns a cadillac ecsalade ESV 2007 in diamond white.

My father drove a ferrari F50 when he was in the limousine business. Now he owns a cadillac ecsalade ESV 2007 in diamond white.

Is that like . . . a 'big thing'?

Can't one negotiate a fairly comfortable lease on such vehicles?:)

As for the '56 Ford pick-up - not even worth the discussion - the manner of posting speaks for itself.

Now if someone claimed they found the Buick Special in the UCD . . . that I'd like to see verified.

Jeez, I banned the '56 pickup poster for calling us all bitches (for one thing) right off the bat. And that was a week ago...

Regarding the E63:
symustafa1996
deba94
symustafa1996
deba94
symustafa1996
deba94
symustafa1996
deba94
symustafa1996
deba94
Hi there, I noticed you said in a thread that you bought an E63. I myself drive an S600 and I've been meaning to upgrade. I like the new E's styling, what can you tell me about it? Is yours Twin Turbo or Naturally Aspirated? It sounded like you didn't like it for some reason, what was the reason? Please let me know, as I'm seriously considering this car.

Thanks,
--deba94

Well, I would say get an M5. The E63 is very comfortable, as you would expect from a Mercedes, and there's almost no wind noise. But, well, there's a lot of power and it seems more suited as a drag racer than a track day car. Feels heavy at times, like a muscle car. Mine is the 2010 model, so I think it's naturally aspirated. I heard the new ones are turbocharged. And the noise is great.
But I doubt you will be using it a lot as a track tool, and more in town and on the highway. Well, if you want room you can get the estate.
Haven't driven the new M5 but it sounds great. Why not try having a test drive of both?
I'm not really a fan of BMW, and I'm definitely used to driving heavy sedans. Have you had any mechanical problems with it? Have you modified it at all? Also, what colour is yours? Mine is Brilliant Silver Metallic with a Charcoal interior, but I'd like to get something that'll stand out more.

--deba94

So far, no mechanical problems that I can think off. Just regular check-ups now and then. No modification. Only had the exterior and interior Carbon package, the performance package and some other small options. The car came in Graphite with Granite interior. They have a lot of bright colors like red, blue and some others, along with things like white interiors and so on. But the paint and interior costs quite a lot if you don't watch it.
But why not give the BMW a try? The M3 is a great car, so I expect more of the same with the M5. See what you think of it. I might just consider having a look at it.
I've always been a die-hard Benz fan, and switching over to BMW just wouldn't feel right ;).
That colour combination sounds pretty cool, especially with the carbon package; I've always had a soft spot for carbon fiber. Got any pics of your car? I'd love to see the interior with the carbon trim, if it looks any good, I may just go for it.

--deba94

Sorry, man, got no pics at the moment. I'm not using my computer at the moment, it's down. I'm using my wife's computer at the moment.
There's quite a few pics online and surely there's one in your local dealership? I don't know as I live about 2 hours away from Stuttgart and I drove from there. They always have all their models there.
Over here, those colours and trim levels are made to order (designo and PP). My local dealership doesn't have any in stock since they're unique, sadly. I hate to be a bother, but couldn't you snap a quick photo with a cell phone or something? What I'm really wondering about is the carbon interior and the carbon exterior parts. Shots of those would be great :).

Thanks again,
--deba94

Can't really be bothered to go down the garage, but here's a picture I found of what it looks like.

e63-amg-3 by symustafa1996, on Flickr
The trim just replaces the wood trim found normally in the E-Class. Plus carbon mirrors and bootlid spoiler.
Looks nice.
Is there a carbon rear diffuser? I can't find any info on the exterior carbon parts online.
Thanks,
--deba94

I don't think so, only carbon engine cover plus those I mentioned above.

A buddy of mine has a MY2011 (last MY before introducing the TT) E63 with the Performance Package and AMG Exterior Carbon Package, and I know for a fact that the engine cover does not come in carbon (we're actually molding some custom parts for his car in carbon, and the engine cover and air boxes are some of them).

Furthermore, the N/A E63 had a common problem where the magnesium intake manifold would warp from heat if you pushed the car pretty hard, and it sounds as if he takes his E63 to track days. (Not the biggest red flag, but something I found strange).

Finally, those Designo (Benz's exclusive designer line) options make the car a lot more expensive. I wouldn't expect someone who spent time and money designing their perfect E63 to hate it for being a "drag racing focused car". (of course, he could've bought the car used, but I haven't seen very many Designo E63's with full carbon and performance packages for sale recently...).

He say's he's from Germany, which I believe (his GT5 collectors edition is in German), but a quick Google search for his username suggests that his neighbour is a Porsche designer:

His now abandoned YouTube account also shows his collection of HotWheels...

It just doesn't add up in my opinion. I'm calling a bluff. ;)

Last edited:
Well, his user name includes 1996, which right off the bat leads me to believe he is 16.

Well, his user name includes 1996, which right off the bat leads me to believe he is 16.
Well now that isn't always the case. ;)
Though I can't say I haven't been mistaken for that. 94 isn't a year in my case, the entire username is a colour in HTML: #deba94 (a pale brown, almost peachy). I encountered it once and just stuck with it 👍.

Regarding the E63:

You deserve a cookie for that bit of internet detective work. 👍

A thoroughly enjoyable read and I now have very little doubt in my mind that the guys is talking bull. :)

Latest Posts

Back