Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
His name suits his power! :lol:

Haha, the name comes as a result of a childhood obsession with the TV show M*A*S*H*. When I started playing Halo, the name sort of stuck.

Well, I've sent him a Visitor message, where I very specifically made sure I did not lie about anything.

Edit: The only Google I could dig up on him with his PSN name suggests that he is the moderator of his own forum.

http://ozcomobros.myfreeforum.org/viewforum.php?f=1

His youtube channel has videos of him where he seems to be interacting with adults whilst doing some offroading.

To go from Engine cover design, to Airbus, to Signing off on 2 cars? Not buying it... He could have got away with joking, but now this just got real.

Edit 2: He PM'd me a link to his linkedin account. It does indeed show that he has the job he claims to have. Is there room for speculation on his ability to make such a page? Sure. But I'm going to let this one rest.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see his reactions when he get up tomorrow :lol:

Yeah, he's still living in his dream world. Only now, he's moved over to forzaplanet where no one knows about this.

The trolls on GTP grind my gears too. I really don't know what they've said after I've actually provided as much proof as I could but I really don't care.

From the below I got that you were satisfied with the proof?

PM sent with proof
Fair enough, for me.

Seems indeed boring enough design/testing to be true. I have been active in a field related to car design and talking to the man that was responsible for design of the external rear view mirrors made clear to me how little glory there is in this job.

To make a long story short, I had a friend who ordered a soviet Mig 15 jet from the federation of mother russia. The russian government ended up shipping the jet via crate on a ship into Los Angeles. However, when we ( my friend, my self, customs/TSO ) went to inspect the jet we noticed that we had 2 crates for inspection. We opened the first crate, there the jet was. So we were all curious what the second shipment was? Maybe extra parts, turbine, oil, fuel tanks... Upon opening the 2nd crate we noticed 2 23mm cannons and 137 mm cannon fitted for the fueslage. Apparently, the Russians accidentally had 2 jets mixed since my friend had specifically ordered a jet trainer. Overall it spend about 2 years in the port. He flew the jet over santa monica from time to time. Ended up spending $200,000 in noise fines ( low level cruise flights ). He sold it about 4 years ago to a museum. True story.

BTW what ever happened to that one Japanese idiot who got arrested in LA for importing skylines and then stealing them or whatever it was?

Eh.

How does someone order a MIG from the Russian government anyway?, do they send you a mail order catalog? :sly:

Glad to see this thread get a bump. It's always good for a laugh.

How does someone order a MIG from the Russian government anyway?, do they send you a mail order catalog? :sly:

That's pretty much the gist of it. They give you a reward card too. It's nice. After the first 10 migs you order, you should have enough points for a 32 inch flatscreen tv. Given the amount of money spent on the migs, it might not seem like much, but it's something at least.

But at subway they give you a free 6 inch after buying 10. (Or something like that)
This whole MIG deal doesn't seem to work out for the consumer.

Actually... it's possible. Though the noise fines alone cost more than the jet would have!

The MiG-15 is basically a metal cigar built around an engine and a cockpit. Doesn't get any more basic than that, shouldn't cost a whole lot of money, and the Russian government is not shy of selling off fully functional military hardware, not like the US is. I can imagine Customs had a fit over the weapons...

They were supposed to be sweet flying planes. Just not very stable gun platforms (which is why the Sabres racked up a huge kill ratio on them in Korea).

This thread always gives me the impression I'm slumming.

Is it only nobodies that are members here?

Thanks for the laugh, F1 - now I going after that flat-screen.

Nicky - kudos on your always impeccable sense of balance. Thanks: 👍

That's pretty much the gist of it. They give you a reward card too. It's nice. After the first 10 migs you order, you should have enough points for a 32 inch flatscreen tv. Given the amount of money spent on the migs, it might not seem like much, but it's something at least.

:lol:

Saw this last week in the introduce yourself section. Now that this thread has been bumped up again, I may as well leave it here.
Back into GT5 after long absence. Looking forward to getting into fine tuning etc. Any help would be welcomed. Have C63 AMG and RX7 in garage. Am lucky enough to have a C63 in real garage as well . Look forward to tapping into and hopefully one day contributing to the wealth of knowledge on this site.

Owing a C63 AMG isn't so ludicrous unless the statement came from a 12 year old.

That's a fair point you make Shem. If he does eventually make another post proving he does own one, then my sincerest apologies for doubting him.

Latest Posts

Back