Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
MrMelancholy15
Off-road use... :lol: I can just see someone trying to make an R34 Skyline into a Mitsubishi rally car; why not just start with a Mitsubishi?

I have a Porsche 911 GT3 RS + Full Altima swap.

Also LeBron James and I scored a combined 26 points in game 5 of the NBA Finals.

And, here we have a funny guy, with no understanding of how bad that Porsche is. 👎 What a shame, to see a good Altima being wasted for an RR-junk-in-the-trunk car. :sly:

MrMelancholy15
Off-road use... :lol: I can just see someone trying to make an R34 Skyline into a Mitsubishi rally car; why not just start with a Mitsubishi? My mom owns an '06 Ralliart; I can attest to the facts: that she can't drive it well, and that it'd be a great rally car.

Off-road is referring to off the public road, not necessarily dirt roads or the Rubicon Trail.

It'll be interesting to use the Skyline as a rally car, though I'm going to guess it won't be very good.

And Skyline regulations do vary from state to state as someone else mentioned, but most are illegal as far as the Federal Government is concerned (which is the one seizing the cars), at least any newly imported ones are. There's a thread from a couple of months back with a lot of discussion about Skyline seizures in the US if you want more info.

Too bad that guy was lying, though I'm not surprised giving his posting skills.

Off-road is referring to off the public road, not necessarily dirt roads or the Rubicon Trail.

It'll be interesting to use the Skyline as a rally car, though I'm going to guess it won't be very good.

And Skyline regulations do vary from state to state as someone else mentioned, but most are illegal as far as the Federal Government is concerned (which is the one seizing the cars), at least any newly imported ones are. There's a thread from a couple of months back with a lot of discussion about Skyline seizures in the US if you want more info.

Too bad that guy was lying, though I'm not surprised giving his posting skills.

:lol: If we were to go back to the '60s & '70s, before the onset of AWD, surprisingly, it'd seem much less odd, to have a Skyline as a rally car.

As for that guy's posting skills, I agree with daan and Scaff fully. ;)

A six letter term to mean "an heavily melanin pigmented gentleman". Rhymes with "kerjigger".

A six letter term to mean "an heavily melanin pigmented gentleman". Rhymes with "kerjigger".

It also has no place on a friendly internet site. :sly: I race against anyone, no matter what, and respect those who deserve it, based on actions. I still, to this day, can't understand, why some people simply don't respect each other equally.

Honestly till I did sports with some diverse people I did not know I was using terms that were not politically correct, my father still does not get it.
I guess there is also the way in which you use the terms.

A moontan is very sexy on a Goth. Picts, though, groove to a different colour.

OT: Obviously his attitude and uncouth responses indicate that he would rather prevaricate, than brag. If I had a GT-R, I'd be posting dozens of pics of it, inside and out, with 'photonrider's GT-R!' plastered all over it. In fact the staff would probably say 'Enough, photon, stop posting that bloody thing everywhere!'

On closer read of that letter - it's talkng about a car that is 'not in compliance'. Does this mean that there could be cars that comply with the regulations?
I can't drive around town without seeing some GT-R or another (IIRC, the last pic I posted was in the Cellphone Photography thread) and I'm beginning to think maybe they are all been driven across the border and sold here.
Well maybe one or two anyway.

Apart from the misinformation, though, I don't think this person was here for gentle discourse, online racing, creative fun or positive social intercourse.

JMO. :)

If I had a GT-R, I'd be posting dozens of pics of it, inside and out, with 'photonrider's GT-R!' plastered all over it.
In fact, most people on here who own awesome cars would be happy to do just this. It's the fakers who just don't seem to have the technology...broken camera, lousy internet connection, photos won't upload, can't click past Google Images page 1....

Does this mean that there could be cars that comply with the regulations?

A handful of R33's are compliant. When the R34 came out, the import guy said it's "Basically the same", even though they really werent.

Bummer to see him go. I wanted to see the Skyline...

Gotta get an '87 or earlier Skyline then. Honestly, I prefer the '73 Skyline anyways! Nothing like a Japanese car, with Japanese handling, and Japanese economy, which LOOKS like a 'Cuda. My dad loves 'Cudas, but, they're too big and barbaric for the streets. So, I'll take the '73 Skyline.

If anything in California, it has to be 75 or older to be smog free.
Department of Transportation
The Nissan Skyline was not originally manufactured to comply with all applicable FMVSS. Such a vehicle that is less than 25 years old can only be lawfully imported into the U.S. if (1) it is determined eligible for importation by NHTSA and (2) it is imported by an RI or by a person who has a contract with an RI to bring the vehicle into compliance with all applicable FMVSS within 120 days of entry.

Import eligibility decisions are made on a make, model, and model year basis. NHTSA has determined that the R33 Model Nissan GTS and GTR ("Skyline") passenger cars manufactured between January 1, 1996 and June 30, 1998 are eligible for importation and has assigned vehicle eligibility number VCP-32 to those vehicles. (The import eligibility number is to be entered on the HS-7 Declaration form that is to be given to Customs at the time of entry, and alerts Customs that the vehicle may be lawfully imported by an RI or by a person who has a contract with an RI, even though the vehicle is not certified by its manufacturer as complying with all applicable FMVSS.)

To learn the modifications the petitioner started were needed to conform Nissan Skyline vehicles to the FMVSS, you should go to the Federal Docket Management System (FDMS) website at http://www.regulations.gov/ and access docket number �NHTSA-2005-22654� by following the online instructions for accessing the dockets available at that web site. You should note that the petition sought import eligibility for 1990-1999 Nissan GTS and GTR "Skyline" passenger cars. After granting the petition, the agency learned that the modifications identified in the petition were not sufficient to conform certain model and model year vehicles that were covered by the petition. The agency therefore partially rescinded its grant of eligibility, leaving only R33 model Nissan GTS and GTR passenger cars manufactured between January 1, 1996 and June 30, 1998 eligible for importation.

I'm going to put this here:
Your wrong I own a Subaru Impreza WRX Sti maintainig this is easy and fun.
Originally I was going to let it go because, whatever. A WRX STi from 1994 is hardly shooting for the stars in terms of outrageous claims. But each post he's made since when other people have questioned him about it have been increasingly defensive, so now I'm curious.

I'm going to put this here:

Originally I was going to let it go because, whatever. A WRX STi from 1994 is hardly shooting for the stars in terms of outrageous claims. But each post he's made since when other people have questioned him about it have been increasingly defensive, so now I'm curious.

I just skimmed through that thread and yeah his replies are quite irritating :ouch:

I looked at his profile though and I found this:

picture.php

The original link is here and I noticed he "forgot" to type the STI part :sly:

Back