Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
Nope, they don't have side decals for GC series Version I-VI GC8A-GC8G (92-99) or on the GD series revA-G (01-07). From the outside STI have distinct differences, the rear badge, the front from the fog light covers with STI markings, the red centre grille badge ( GC ), or STI grille badge (GD).

I'm going to put this here:

Originally I was going to let it go because, whatever. A WRX STi from 1994 is hardly shooting for the stars in terms of outrageous claims. But each post he's made since when other people have questioned him about it have been increasingly defensive, so now I'm curious.
Easy & fun because he's more than likely never done of the maintenance on it himself.

Well yeah that would do it.

Canadian Auto dealers are real friendly - you can sit in the cars and take as many photos as you wish. I could easily sit in a demo Caddy that's got miles on it and say it's mine. Never mind the ubiquitous Photoshop.

There must be another way?

Easy & fun because he's more than likely never done of the maintenance on it himself.

So what?

Can't believe you guys are taking this so seriously. The difference in price between a regular WRX and an STI of that era is so little it doesn't even matter.

The only bad thing that any stock Rex have is the clutch, put a single plate heavy duty or dual plate brass button, it will launch hard with less issue.

How about a picture from the inside and outside at your own driveway like what I have for profile picture ?

So what?

Can't believe you guys are taking this so seriously. The difference in price between a regular WRX and an STI of that era is so little it doesn't even matter.
Far from it & not even remotely relevant to why anyone has questioned him.

So what?

That's what I was thinking.

If it was an old Ferrari or something then yeah I'd understand. But is it really a ludicrous claim to say own an STI? I see about 4 every day.

Far from it & not even remotely relevant to why anyone has questioned him.

Ah. I see now. Some of the people are asking for proof of ownership (utterly ridiculous) where as now I think you are against him for claiming maintenance is easy? There is confusion going on now that this has hit this thread without any real explanation as to what is ludicrous.

arora
It's not a ludicrous claim. Could be a lie but who cares, I own pink tube socks(k I don't really)

The thing is, in the end of the day, we will not know if it is actually their car or not. Who knows, maybe it is their uncle's car, or some car from a garage that they have access to? (like a friend's).

Of course, we don't want to ask them for their proof of ownership (ugh, paperwork!)... Would we?

Ah. I see now. Some of the people are asking for proof of ownership (utterly ridiculous) where as now I think you are against him for claiming maintenance is easy? There is confusion going on now that this has hit this thread without any real explanation as to what is ludicrous.

I'm fairly sure that we are asking proof of ownership to find out if they are lying to us, which is against the AUP.

Read Toronado's post. It's the fact he has jumped so defensively at other people questioning him that has led to some wondering if he really does own it.

My post only relates because of his claim of it being "easy & fun". Most people who jump to that defense about a car's maintenance level is usually someone who doesn't do the work to begin with. Those who do & still have that mindset normally add in personal experience to back it up. The user in question doesn't.

More than the car itself what matters is he said maintaining a car is easy, added to the fact he writes like a 14 year old and contradicts himself on the car's version.

That's why we think he does not own any car in first place and wants GT6 to be tamagotchi to experience ownership.

I'm just waiting 'til someone says "I've got a 2030 Lexus IS50! You know, everyone's making their engines smaller, and putting WRC turbos on them..."

MrMelancholy15
I'm just waiting 'til someone says "I've got a 2030 Lexus IS50! You know, everyone's making their engines smaller, and putting WRC turbos on them..."

Huh?

Formula One reference... as time goes on, the F1 engines are getting smaller and smaller, but still making as much power, or more. It's the turbos. So, the joke being a Lexus IS50, meaning smaller displacement, with a bigger turbo, being the future of cars (2030...)

I admit, it was a bit out of place, but, I've seen more ludicrous claims, in newspapers, than a guy who saw a 2030 Lexus... And, to explain: No, no one on this Earth is the second coming of Jesus. Stop trying to get the Vatican to pay your bills for you. :ill:

Back