Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
Recently, I received my license from the great state of Wisconsin. After being nice enough to swindle $200 of title transfers, license fees, and various add-ons, I finally was able to insure, and drive my new car.

A 2005 Nissan 350Z 35th Anniversary Edition (Yellow Pearl).

I have no pictures of it at the current time being, but I will try to get on Flickr and upload some shortly. Believe me, I am familiar with the 'Pics or it didn't happen' rule.

For those not familiar with the 350Z, it is a V6 DOHC VQ-35 Engine. 3.5L, and roughly 260 whp, and 287 at the crank. Don't quote me on this but I believe the curb weight is just above 1.5 Tons. In kg, it may be around 1400 from what I saw in GT5. Again, I am not Euclid here, so the math doesn't line up.

When I purchased it, it had a few issues, small but enough to request that they be fixed.

The hood ducked to the left about an eighth of an inch. (Fixed)
Needed power window motor replaced. (Fixed)
Cam shaft sensor was faulty. (Fixed)

Lately, 350Z's have been getting flak for being a 'ricer' car. I don't see it, but I am just curious on the community's opinion of my new best friend. ;)

I don't believe this guy

I like the bit that reads "for those not familiar". Does he know what kind of site this is? :lol:

I have never been in this thread but I am calling out R1600Turbo for the bet we had about GTA5 coming out by September 2012.

I'll pay, but I said Summer '12...

So I have until September '12?

I think they've had plenty of time to develop this thing, and just because we're only seeing it now doesn't mean they need to work on it for another 2 years. I give it 6-8 months.

Oh ok I thought you were betting on March 2012. Summer 2012 on the other hand is a different story. Not real likely but could maybe happen. March no way.

I will match your $20.00 bet and say it wont come out summer 2012. If you were going with March I would say $50.00 :lol:

You can see the details in this thread. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=229361&page=36

Started at post #276 and #278. :sly:

I have never been in this thread but I am calling out R1600Turbo for the bet we had about GTA5 coming out by September 2012.

You can see the details in this thread. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=229361&page=36

Started at post #276 and #278. :sly:
If you've read further in the thread, he's made the claim he was joking & it's a stupid bet.
I don't believe this guy
For a guy letting everyone know performance facts, he seems to have forgotten that his model has 300 crank horsepower, not 287 like the older ones. :odd:
260 to the wheels stock is also very optimistic. Takes just the right variables & dyno to hit those numbers. On average, it's closer to 240-250whp.

If you've read further in the thread, he's made the claim he was joking & it's a stupid bet.

For a guy letting everyone know performance facts, he seems to have forgotten that his model has 300 crank horsepower, not 287 like the older ones. :odd:
260 to the wheels stock is also very optimistic. Takes just the right variables & dyno to hit those numbers. On average, it's closer to 240-250whp.
He only stated that AFTER he lost the bet. Regardless of if or when he said it was a joke, he still said he would pay. Why say you will pay and then back out? While yes its a stupid bet, its still the point of sticking to your word if you make a bet. I would have paid if I lost the bet and if I didnt you and I both know dang well I would have never heard the end of it for not paying up.

He only stated that AFTER he lost the bet. Regardless of if or when he said it was a joke, he still said he would pay. Why say you will pay and then back out? While yes its a stupid bet, its still the point of sticking to your word if you make a bet. I would have paid if I lost the bet and if I didnt you and I both know dang well I would have never heard the end of it for not paying up.
Hey, I completely agree with you. I'm not surprised in the latest that it became a "joke" after it was obvious the bet was lost. Trying to figure out where in this post that he wasn't actually serious about the bet, since that's his only rebuttal.
I'll pay, but I said Summer '12...

So I have until September '12?

I think they've had plenty of time to develop this thing, and just because we're only seeing it now doesn't mean they need to work on it for another 2 years. I give it 6-8 months.

Last edited:
For the record, R1600 lost all my respect.

You don't simply make a bet then refuse because you lost. Especially considering he is a "10yr member".

For the record, R1600 lost all my respect.

You don't simply make a bet then refuse because you lost. Especially considering he is a "10yr member".
I also lost respect for him and I agree. Some might not think much of it only being an unpaid $20.00 bet and big deal $20.00. Its still the fact he backed out of a bet. As I said earlier, we all know that if I lost and didnt pay, he would have been all over me about it. Its a very easy bet to pay. He could even buy a Microsoft points card for $20.00 and send the code via PM. Thats even easier than Paypal. I do that all the time for friends and family. Its a very easy way to exchange money. Again the point isnt even about the money, its about keeping your word.

A man's word is his honour.

Take it up via PM with the Staff if you must, Camaro -
Thats a bit extreme. The pain he feels inside from losing his honor and his pride along with the beating from the forum members is good enough punishment. :lol:

daan
RIP, ZohsixGT5. :(

Technically it's impossible to kill yourself by holding your breath. You'd pass out before you died, then you'd start breathing while you were unconscious. ;)

Is it possible to cause oneself damage to the brain from holding in breath and starving the brain of oxygen if even for the smallest time?

Back