Our silence on one of the most persecuted people in the world

• Thread starter KSaiyu
  • 528 comments
Where does it say Christians will die in 2015?

Why do you use the word notion?

This is prophecy, not a notion.
This is what you claimed:
No, this has not happened yet. It will happen very soon though and atheists all round the world will be rejoicing.
You made the claim so now you provide the evidence for it.

Where, in your claimed sources of Genesis, the Gospels and Revelations, does the Bible say that persecution of Christians will occur "very soon" after this portion of 2015?

You tried to put me in my place and now your ordering me about.
Shouldn't be to hard for you to look it up, someone above you has read the bible five times between your posts.

So in last hour or so... I've been able to read a combined 1281 pages FIVE times? Damn I'm good!

No I haven't. But you would like that. Those that hate Christians will kill them and they will be glad, that is what is written in the bible. Look it up.
Why do you still continue to insist the others should do all the work? If you really know it's written in the Bible, you won't have any difficulty showing it to us right here...

This is what you claimed:

You made the claim so now you provide the evidence for it.

Where, in your claimed sources of Genesis, the Gospels and Revelations, does the Bible say that persecution of Christians will occur "very soon" after this portion of 2015?

That's not a claim. that is prophecy, meaning in the future. Not 2015.
Where in the bible does it say 2015? please find it and show me.

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is still 5 months of 2015 left, thats 5 months of the future.

Why do you still continue to insist the others should do all the work? If you really know it's written in the Bible, you won't have any difficulty showing it to us right here...

And you won't have any difficulty yourself.

Look it up yourself

This is your claim:
No, this has not happened yet. It will happen very soon though and atheists all round the world will be rejoicing.
You claimed that at this point in 2015. Thus you are claiming that the event will happen "very soon" after this point in 2015.

This is your claim and you need to provide the evidence for it. The onus is not on anyone else to prove you wrong - it's on you to provide evidence for your claim.

You've stated that the evidence is in Genesis, the Gospels and Revelations. Provide the passages that show your claim that the Bible prophecises the persecution of Christians "very soon" after this point of 2015.

Don't mistake this for a request.

Rubbish!
Read a bible, Try Genesis first chapter then go straight to Revelation, unless your an atheist, don't bother.

I'm an atheist who doesn't need your permission to review any religious text I wish. But thanks for trying.

You tried to put me in my place and now your ordering me about.

Terrible, isn't it? My advice would probably be to try to avoid that kind of hypocrisy.

Those that hate Christians will kill them and they will be glad, that is what is written in the bible. Look it up.

That's not how it works, you make a claim and you provide the source. I suspect that your bible knowledge isn't as great as you say. Remember that being a Christian isn't a unique marker of somebody who's studied the bible.

Source required.

EDIT: Seriously tree'd by @Famine. Friendly advice: you'd do well to look at his instruction.

This is your claim:
You claimed that at this point in 2015. Thus you are claiming that the event will happen "very soon" after this point in 2015.

This is your claim and you need to provide the evidence for it. The onus is not on anyone else to prove you wrong - it's on you to provide evidence for your claim.

You've stated that the evidence is in Genesis, the Gospels and Revelations. Provide the passages that show your claim that the Bible prophecises the persecution of Christians "very soon" after this point of 2015.

Don't mistake this for a request.

I sticking by what I wrote and if you don't like it, well that's prophecy for you.
2015? you can keep it. I wasn't referring to it. If you think I was, your wrong.
That is not bible teaching. The bible teaches that Christians will be killed in the future and doesn't give dates of any kind. If you are offended that atheists will be rejoicing, well , you need to find out why. I have heard many pastors preach about the end times where Christians will be killed and Christians killing Christians on a large scale isn't a Prophecy.

I'm an atheist who doesn't need your permission to review any religious text I wish. But thanks for trying.

Terrible, isn't it? My advice would probably be to try to avoid that kind of hypocrisy.

That's not how it works, you make a claim and you provide the source. I suspect that your bible knowledge isn't as great as you say. Remember that being a Christian isn't a unique marker of somebody who's studied the bible.

Source required.

EDIT: Seriously tree'd by @Famine. Friendly advice: you'd do well to look at his instruction.

Hear you....that's not how it works. lol

The source is the word of God and bible quotes don't work in this forum, they are mocked.

Might be more the AUP.

Nobody's bothered about being offended. I'm more bothered, as an atheist, that you're talking rubbish.

Normally that's what atheists do.

AUP! Sounds terrible. What's wrong? Not happy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I sticking by what I wrote and if you don't like it, well that's prophecy for you.
It has nothing to do with whether I like what you wrote or not, but to do with the fact that you have made a claim and are refusing to provide any evidence for it.
2015? you can keep it. I wasn't referring to it. If you think I was, your wrong.
Uh-huh. The year is currently 2015. Your claim was that the event prophecised will happen "very soon". If you didn't mean it would happen "very soon" with reference to the current point in time, but some unknown time off in the future, you should not be sticking by what you wrote - rather retracting it.
That is not bible teaching. The bible teaches that Christians will be killed in the future and doesn't give dates of any kind.
So "very soon" is not in fact "very soon"...
If you are offended that atheists will be rejoicing, well , you need to find out why.
No, you need to provide evidence for the claim.
I have heard many pastors preach about the end times where Christians will be killed
That's not evidence.
and Christians killing Christians on a large scale isn't a Prophecy.
And that's not relating to anything at all.

So. We're still at the instruction to provide evidence for your claim that the persecution of Christians will happen "very soon" and that atheists will rejoice at it. You've already had three atheists tell you that they won't rejoice at the persecution of anyone for their beliefs, so you might have to question your source on that.

The bible teaches that Christians will be killed in the future and doesn't give dates of any kind.

If you are going to keep stating this, then you need to show us where in the bible it's foretold. This is a discussion forum, if you make a statement like that, you need to be able to back it up. The onus is on you to prove it, as you've already been asked on multiple occasions.

I have heard many pastors preach about the end times where Christians will be killed and Christians killing Christians on a large scale isn't a Prophecy.

This is the word of men. It's their opinion. It holds no truth unless it can be proven. There's zero even circumstantial evidence to say it's anything other than complete baloney.

It has nothing to do with whether I like what you wrote or not, but to do with the fact that you have made a claim and are refusing to provide any evidence for it.Uh-huh. The year is currently 2015. Your claim was that the event prophecised will happen "very soon". If you didn't mean it would happen "very soon" with reference to the current point in time, but some unknown time off in the future, you should not be sticking by what you wrote - rather retracting it.So "very soon" is not in fact "very soon"...No, you need to provide evidence for the claim.That's not evidence.And that's not relating to anything at all.

So. We're still at the instruction to provide evidence for your claim that the persecution of Christians will happen "very soon" and that atheists will rejoice at it. You've already had three atheists tell you that they won't rejoice at the persecution of anyone for their beliefs, so you might have to question your source on that.

What's with all this evidence. All I have seen in this forum and 'Do yo believe in God' forum is mocking anything bible related.
Anything bible related is not considered as evidence.
It is considered as Rubbish, crap and baloney.
So, to produce your so called evidence I would have to refer to bible verses to present to an atheist.
You know I have been on this site a long time and seen how bible quotes have been treated.
Bible quotes are not treated as evidence.

And I say it isn't, just as anecdotally.

I'm extremely happy but then after reading your posts I've formed a little prophecy of my own.

An atheist is going to prophecy. Do you know what the requirements are for prophecy? You better look it up before you attempt it as it may rebound on you.

What's with all this evidence.
Evidence is what is required to prove a claim.
All I have seen in this forum and 'Do yo believe in God' forum is mocking anything bible related.
Anything bible related is not considered as evidence.
It is considered as Rubbish, crap and baloney.
So, to produce your so called evidence I would have to refer to bible verses to present to an atheist.
You know I have been on this site a long time and seen how bible quotes have been treated.
Bible quotes are not treated as evidence.
Actually at the moment the problem isn't that you're using the Bible as evidence of something, but that you're claiming something is in the Bible.

There would be absolutely no problem for you to post the Bible verses that back up your comment that the Bible says that the persecution of Christians will happen "very soon" and atheists will rejoice about it. That would be evidence that it says what you say it says.

Unfortunately you're not providing that - which isn't very productive for anyone.

Evidence is what is required to prove a claim.
Actually at the moment the problem isn't that you're using the Bible as evidence of something, but that you're claiming something is in the Bible.

There would be absolutely no problem for you to post the Bible verses that back up your comment that the Bible says that the persecution of Christians will happen "very soon" and atheists will rejoice about it. That would be evidence that it says what you say it says.

Unfortunately you're not providing that.

Fortunately I don't intend to. Claims and evidence from the bible given to this thread are rubbish, crap and baloney. That's how my posts have been replied to.
No doubt in my mind that you will deem it the same.

An atheist is going to prophecy. Do you know what the requirements are for prophecy? You better look it up before you attempt it as it may rebound on you.
Because you once again don't feel like elaborating yourself?

By the way, the AUP doesn't seem to prohibit atheists from making a prophecy, so I'm definitely unsure of what you're getting into this time.

To foretell what will happen in the future? That kind of prophecy, or do you only recognise religious sub-uses of nouns now?

For all your claimed knowledge of the bible you're still unable to source your biblical claim. It's becoming pretty obvious that you aren't too well read in that book.

Fortunately I don't intend to.
Then you are just trolling.
Claims and evidence from the bible given to this thread are rubbish, crap and baloney. That's how my posts have been replied to.
Actually those comments have been directed at your posts because you are claiming that the Bible says things that it doesn't say. Not because the Bible says things that are rubbish, crap and baloney, but because the things you are claiming it says are not in there.

If I were to claim that the Bible says that St. Paul of Damascus drove a 2012 Ford Focus estate, you'd probably adopt a position of thinking that's ludicrous and not accept it until I showed you the relevant passages. If I said "it's in Ruth, just look it up", you might want a bit more detail than that - perhaps the specific verse in question.

Similarly, you're claiming that the Bible says that Christians will be persecuted "very soon" after the point in time at which you made your post, and atheists will rejoice at it. Several people here have familiarity with the Bible and are not aware of these comments being contained within. Your statement that it's in Genesis, the Gospels and Revelations are too vague - the specific verses in question would be wonderful.

It would be a simple matter for you to post book, chapter, verse - not even quoting the text. Instead you've spent 2 pages trying to justify why you don't have to...

Besides the "Christians will be killed" bit, that prophecy sounds very vague about this upcoming persecution and what form it will take. It's pretty much confirmation bias, since the time of Jesus's death you could point out anywhere in the world at any given time where Christians are being persecuted for being Christian.

To foretell what will happen in the future? That kind of prophecy, or do you only recognise religious sub-uses of nouns now?

For all your claimed knowledge of the bible you're still unable to source your biblical claim. It's becoming pretty obvious that you aren't too well read in that book.

This is long.

I claimed atheists on this site have better knowledge of the bible than me. They can find the truth of it themselves.

Because you once again don't feel like elaborating yourself?

By the way, the AUP doesn't seem to prohibit atheists from making a prophecy, so I'm definitely unsure of what you're getting into this time.

Prophecy is for prophets. AUP has nothing to do with it.

You could make that your signature. 👍

Nah. lol

DK
Besides the "Christians will be killed" bit, that prophecy sounds very vague about this upcoming persecution and what form it will take. It's pretty much confirmation bias, since the time of Jesus's death you could point out anywhere in the world at any given time where Christians are being persecuted for being Christian.

Forget now. What about the future?

I claimed atheists on this site have better knowledge of the bible than me. They can find the truth of it themselves.
No. You provide the evidence for your own claims.

You say that the Bible says something. Post where it says it.

Back