Pics of yourself

• Thread starter keeno_uk
  • 32,520 comments
GT_Fan2005
no they dont :lol:, i can move my arms as fast as my legs, if i had a bulging muscle i wouldnt be able to, im one of the fastest wingers for my dads team.

Eh yes it does. You got it the wrong way round. Your arms make up a large part of your driving force forward. Your legs are ment to try and keep up with your arms.

Young_Warrior
Muscles in your arms enable you to run faster because your legs can only go as fast as your arms.

What?

Are you saying that if you don't move your arms you can't run?

hmm, i think your a numskull, even if you can run 100 metres fast its your imagination, arms are for balance, the rest of your body makes the speed. Yeah your arms help but not in the quantity you say.

You know, I think YW might be right on this one, I read something before regarding your arm speed = leg speed...something along those lines. That is why you see sprinters in the olympics looking like body builders, cut and seriously built.

yeah. your arms do play a part but i dont think its as big as its being made out, when i run my arm movement is minimal, yet i still run fast.

GT_Fan2005
yeah. your arms do play a part but i dont think its as big as its being made out, when i run my arm movement is minimal, yet i still run fast.

Move your arms some more and you would be faster.However you wouldnt be able sustain such a high level of sprinting for long.

Arms play a major role. Whats the main difference between US sprinters who dominate sprinting compared to other nations? American sprinters are noteablty much more muscular. If you have ever watched top american sprinters run its long arm movement with their knees high up.

P.S I think your a numskull too.

Young_Warrior
P.S I think your a numskull too.

:D

il give more arm movement a go see where it gets me, i dunno if i misunderstood you but did you say more arm movement means i might not be able to run for as long a period of time?

GT_Fan2005
:D

il give more arm movement a go see where it gets me, i dunno if i misunderstood you but did you say more arm movement means i might not be able to run for as long a period of time?

No you should still have the near enough the same amount of energy for the duration of the match as normal. You just wont be able to swing your arms hard all the time. Myabe four or five times per match when its needed.

TwinTurboJay
You know, I think YW might be right on this one, I read something before regarding your arm speed = leg speed...something along those lines. That is why you see sprinters in the olympics looking like body builders, cut and seriously built.

They just look like that because they have like 8% body fat.

sprinters have cuts because they're always pumping their arms each time they run. Everything's a balance...

...including the picture-to-small-talk ratio.

okay, i'll bump it.

dsc047242fc.jpg

"Whatchu mean you ain't pos'in pi'chas?"

Young_Warrior
Muscles in your arms enable you to run faster because your legs can only go as fast as your arms.
Bull ****.

When I was in 8th Grade, I had some extremely skinny arms. Skinny enough to see my viens and bones, but my legs had muscles twice their size even with a skinny body to match.

And I still ran faster than about 90% of the kids at my school, and they were twice my size. But that's because I worked out my legs more than anything. I did cross country and track and made it into every meet. And my legs moved twice as fast as my arms. Whoever said your legs only move as fast as your legs obviously didn't look too much into that. Today, I can't do that, but back then, I could easily move faster in my legs than my arms could. And this thread really isn't the place to discuss this.

McLaren, I think he was refering the balance issues. Yes, the faster your run, the faster your arms move.

Anyway, check it out. I was just snapping shots out of boredom and I came to realize that I looked very similar somehow...

HOLY EMOTICONS, BATMAN!

= :sly:
= :eek:

and, of course:
= :lol:

👍 hahaha.

McLaren F1GTR
Bull ****.

When I was in 8th Grade, I had some extremely skinny arms. Skinny enough to see my viens and bones, but my legs had muscles twice their size even with a skinny body to match.

And I still ran faster than about 90% of the kids at my school, and they were twice my size. But that's because I worked out my legs more than anything. I did cross country and track and made it into every meet. And my legs moved twice as fast as my arms. Whoever said your legs only move as fast as your legs obviously didn't look too much into that. Today, I can't do that, but back then, I could easily move faster in my legs than my arms could. And this thread really isn't the place to discuss this.

Trust me on this. I used to be the fastest in my school but then other kids got bigger and well I didnt. I was skinny back then aswell so when I started working out and got quite big arms what happened? Well I was the fastest boy in my school of 2000 people again. Just because you ran faster than 90% of other kids at your school doesnt disprove what Im saying. There are naturally fast people and fast people. You could have been even faster if you were muscled up but because you also did cross country well that wasnt an option.

Young_Warrior
Trust me on this. I used to be the fastest in my school but then other kids got bigger and well I didnt. I was skinny back then aswell so when I started working out and got quite big arms what happened? Well I was the fastest boy in my school of 2000 people again. Just because you ran faster than 90% of other kids at your school doesnt disprove what Im saying. There are naturally fast people and fast people. You could have been even faster if you were muscled up but because you also did cross country well that wasnt an option.

Generally if you're less musclely else where and your legs are pretty big, it is easier to run long distsances, cos that skinny small light build is the perfect and normal build for a middle/long distance runner...just look at people who run the marathon

That :eek: pic was just from closing my eyes are hard as possible, then opening them up again as wide as possible. the key is snapping the camera right when your eyes reach maximum "openitude".

It's so candidly funny. You guys should try it. :lol:

STR1D3R EV0 VII

Watch out Master Chief!

I got to check out the LAN EVO MR (if only I had a licence)

Some kid maddoging me while on a BMW motorbike, but i cant stop smiling

awh mate! That kid is giving you some serious evils! lol. You look pretty cool.

Argh, sunburn sucks, mostly when its on your back and arms, because you can't lay down or wear a T-shirt without pain!

Back