Playstation 3 System Update Thread

Have any of you tried formatting your HDD and starting over? It seems like that may work, depending on whether the problem with the software is written to the drive or saved in some onboard memory.

Has anoyone else been dropped from the UK PSN this evening.. I keep getting signed out every 10-15 mins and I get error code 8002AD23 which on the net seems to suggest some connection problem or problem with your modem.

I don't get it, my modem worked perfectly fine with the PS3 before the 2.4 update now its slow to sign into PSN and it gets dropped after a couple of mins. Could it be that the update reset some connection settings in the system?

Whats going on??? :nervous:

Robin

Has anoyone else been dropped from the UK PSN this evening.. I keep getting signed out every 10-15 mins and I get error code 8002AD23 which on the net seems to suggest some connection problem or problem with your modem.

I don't get it, my modem worked perfectly fine with the PS3 before the 2.4 update now its slow to sign into PSN and it gets dropped after a couple of mins. Could it be that the update reset some connection settings in the system?

Robin
I got an error last night, but it was in connection to my media server. I never got dropped from the PSN that I saw.

Robin

Yes It happened to me a few times yesterday with the AU PSN, I switched to my US PSN and worked fine.

oh good, im not the only one! I think since the update Sony must be jigging round with all sorts of stuff... I will try it later today to see if the problem is still going on.

Robin

oh good, im not the only one! I think since the update Sony must be jigging round with all sorts of stuff... I will try it later today to see if the problem is still going on.

Robin
Well, I think you may be right. Yesterday I began having issues anytime I tried to look at trophies. But only then. I had various different errors including error code: FFFFFFF

At least you guys can connect. My PS3 wont even connect properly.
On wireless?

Turn off your PS3. Unpolug your router and modem. Then plug in the modem, then the router. In that order. After they are fully back running turn on your PS3.

If that doesn't fix it test that wired works. Test other things on the network. If they all have problems call your ISP.

Is this just since 2.40?

Wireless works, I used the same cable on my laptop and it worked. So its not my connection or cable, its the PS3. Was fine before 2.4 update.

so i read now that so many of you guys have big issues with update 2.4.

My question is now... where is it? I would wanna download it cause i really want the in game XMB but when i click on system update it always tells me that i have the latest version of updates already installed.
Did they remove by any chance the 2.4 update? or did i miss out on something?

Chris

so i read now that so many of you guys have big issues with update 2.4.

My question is now... where is it? I would wanna download it cause i really want the in game XMB but when i click on system update it always tells me that i have the latest version of updates already installed.
Did they remove by any chance the 2.4 update? or did i miss out on something?

Chris

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3075019&postcount=798

http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/firmware/

http://kotaku.com/5021575/sony-pulls-ps3-240-firmware-after-reported-problems

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/02/playstation-3-2-40-firmware-update-not-available-pulled/

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/02/has-2-40-been-removed-from-update-servers/

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6193304.html?tag=result;title;0

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/885/885963p1.html

News

The huge in-game XMB PS3 update that was pulled from PSN last week following technical issues will be re-released for download by Wednesday, CVG has been told.

According to customer support, firmware version 2.41, which should be clear of all errors, will out "midweek", although Sony is yet to make an official announcement to confirm that.

In case you missed it, Sony last week was forced to pull the hotly anticipated update after widespread reports of it breaking PS3 consoles.

The firmware is available to download from various website on the internet, but to be on the safe side you'd be best to wait for the update from Sony.
Source - http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=192333

Regards

Scaff

So, who is giving ths update 24 hours first?

I wish they would explain what the catalyst to bricking a system creating user discontent was. If it is something that could have been avoided it would be nice to know.

But it could create bad PR, so I don't expect to see that.

So, who is giving ths update 24 hours first?

I wish they would explain what the catalyst to bricking a system was. If it is something that could have been avoided it would be nice to know.

But it could create bad PR, so I don't expect to see that.

I wouldn't say it was a brick.... because bricking console means that the console is unrepairable and you have to send it for service (eg. RROD) cause the trouble that ppl having now is unloaded XMB... with firmware 2.40 and the way to fix it is just format your hard disk. I did it and it works like charm

I wouldn't say it was a brick.... because bricking console means that the console is unrepairable and you have to send it for service (eg. RROD) cause the trouble that ppl having now is unloaded XMB... with firmware 2.40 and the way to fix it is just format your hard disk. I did it and it works like charm
Whatever it does. You get my point. I fixed my post anyway.

But still, you lose all of your game saves, music, photos, everything.

And how do you reformat the hard drive if you cant get to the xmb? Do you just put it in a computer?

I don't know if anyone has experienced this before, but yesterday I went to visit a friend that is also a GT5P player (PSN ID: hartur[PT] ) and he still had system 2.36 (I noticed it because I tried to send a message and had to quit the game to do it).

However, when I tried to upgrade to 2.40, a message appeared saying that there was no upgrade available ... tried it several times (rebooting the PS3)and the same message kept appearing.

So, he's stuck with 2.36. Any ideas how to solve this?

But still, you lose all of your game saves, music, photos, everything.

And how do you reformat the hard drive if you cant get to the xmb? Do you just put it in a computer?

I bought a new hard drive for my ps3 and it automatically ask to reformat my ps3. and no I won't lose my save because I still have my 40GB hard disk so I can buy the usb connector and connect it to my ps3 again so I can have all of my save files.

I don't know if anyone has experienced this before, but yesterday I went to visit a friend that is also a GT5P player (PSN ID: hartur[PT] ) and he still had system 2.36 (I noticed it because I tried to send a message and had to quit the game to do it).

However, when I tried to upgrade to 2.40, a message appeared saying that there was no upgrade available ... tried it several times (rebooting the PS3)and the same message kept appearing.

So, he's stuck with 2.36. Any ideas how to solve this?
Just a few posts back, dude. And a whole other thread on it.

While I am not able to try it myself for around half an hour - 2.41 has been announced...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/07/ps3-system-software-update-v241/

...and a number of people I know have said it is up and ready to download.

Apparently its a quick one to download as well.

Will get back with more news (unless anyone else does first) in about half an hour.

Thanks for the heads up. I just downloaded it and noticed they added a new screen prior to downloading:

DSCN1902.jpg

It took less than three minutes for it to reach the 55% mark and then it zipped straight to the 100% mark, as usual. Then it shutdown my PS3 automatically. I restarted it and all apears just fine. 👍

Now had a few minutes to download and install it myself, noticed the new screen as well.

It was a quick download and install, I've tested it with CD, DVD, BR and game; all working fine; it may be my imagination but the in-game XMB also seems to load a little quicker and smoother than on 2.4 as well.

Regards

Scaff

Back