Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
Yep. I'm getting it too. Glad i'm not in the minority. Will leave it for later now i've got I installed. Enjoy if you've got it up and running. Later guys.

Now i wish I didn't visit this thread just now. I'm dling now and would be pretty peaved if it didn't work. Im in full HD too. Seeming no-one is home I can rob them of the big tv for the day...mwahahahahaha.

Downloaded, installed just waiting for whatever reason it is is not letting me to connect for to stabilise, hope i can join you soon scooby. :)

I am unable to get back into Home using my EU account at the moment.... C-3PO error or something. However I am able to access it via my US account...

Well this is turning into a big fail on my end, I'm getting errors earlier then originally (also at C-931). Fed up of this rubbish, we finally get something good they promised us ages ago, and we can't use it! Surely they should have prepared for the spamming of the servers. Aparently not. No doubt someone will tell me how hard it is to do that, but if they can't do it they shouldn't allow it to happen and should leak it slowly instead of let everyone have it all at once.

Yeah keep trying guys.

It just took me 7 attempts to get back in but I'm in now.

Good Luck 👍

I've been trying for almost 30 minutes straight and nothing, this is just embarassing. Can't wait for all us PS3 owners to be laughed at all over again if this keeps up.

I am unable to get back into Home using my EU account at the moment.... C-3PO error or something.

:lol:

Well this is turning into a big fail on my end, I'm getting errors earlier then originally (also at C-931). Fed up of this rubbish, we finally get something good they promised us ages ago, and we can't use it! Surely they should have prepared for the spamming of the servers. Aparently not. No doubt someone will tell me how hard it is to do that, but if they can't do it they shouldn't allow it to happen and should leak it slowly instead of let everyone have it all at once.

I see you're a man of patients. Why not try it in a week or so and maybe it won't be so overloaded by the initial flood :) (assuming that is the problem of course)

Yeah keep trying guys.

It just took me 7 attempts to get back in but I'm in now.

Good Luck 👍
Thanks for the advice. 👍

I am unable to get back into Home using my EU account at the moment.... C-3PO error or something. However I am able to access it via my US account...

What's different Mars? the EU one looks identical to what we had before, no extra clothes shops etc etc

I don't know yet - I have to re-download all the areas - the central plaza is new, though, as Solid Lifters pointed out before. Oh, and I'm no longer wearing a dress :P

Who ever is a girl but is a dude in real life has problems. If I find one...

Dont Home got problems with errm online relation crap? its funny lol

I made it 3rd go to the loading some harbour thing, nothing loaded and then error. It did that twice, back to my couch....

I see you're a man of patients. Why not try it in a week or so and maybe it won't be so overloaded by the initial flood :) (assuming that is the problem of course)

Why can't Sony just do things right?

I'm just chatting on MSN so I'm not sat staring at Homes constant failing. I feel embarassed to be a PS3 owner at times like this, I'm not to bothered I can't get on Home, it's just having so many promises made and then they all come crashing down because PSN just isn't ready for the pressure it put's itself under.

Why can't Sony just do things right?

I'm just chatting on MSN so I'm not sat staring at Homes constant failing. I feel embarassed to be a PS3 owner at times like this, I'm not to bothered I can't get on Home, it's just having so many promises made and then they all come crashing down because PSN just isn't ready for the pressure it put's itself under.

Would you rather be sat looking at an XBOX with a RROD?

Been there, done that

Well I decided to brave the crowds and just now downloaded the 1.03 update. the 13MB file downloaded in just 20 seconds, so despite all the traffic, I still got a transfer speed of 5,000 kb/s. 👍

Here are some more download transfer rates:

It took 45 seconds to download the 31.8 MB update for the Mall = 5600 kb/s
It took 40 seconds to download the 23.5 MB update for the Plaza = 4700 kb/s

Which is extremely fast, and considering the traffic, quite impressive.

The only thing that took a little longer to download was "Sully's Bar" in the Uncharted Space, I think it said it was a 27.8 MB file, and it took 1min and 15 seconds = 3000 kb/s - but even that is still quite fast.

For those interested I have my PS3's communicating via Wifi to a D-Link DIR-655 router connected to a RoadRunner Cable modem provided my Time Warner in Austin, TX.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but HOME is also region-locked isn't it?
No. You can access any regional version of Home as long as you have a PSN account set up for that region.

everythings the same:confused:
I have not yet checked out the EU Home, but the NA Home is almost entirely different. New plaza, theater, three new game spaces (two for Far Cry 2 and 1 for Uncharted), new Saucer Pops game in the plaza, new arcade game in "Sully's Bar". I have not checked the two Far Cry 2 spaces yet, so there may be new games there as well. The Listen@Home is totally new with several new songs and interface. There are new videos up, and I'm sure I'm over looking other things as well.

I'll check out the other regional Homes when I get the chance to see what changes I can find.

BTW: Speaking of new spaces, in Sully's bar loacted in the Uncharted Space, there is a nice little back patio semi-hidden behind the bar. There are also doors upstairs that can be unlocked if you know how to decifer the codes. :)

Read error cannot access *some file path*....this was after it froze my ps3 and I did a reboot.

Back