POLL: Should PD's "Magic" Oil Stay Or Go?

• Thread starter VBR
  • 46 comments

Should PD's "Magic " oil stay, or go?

• Total voters
Meh, not really. Any car can hit that power number if enough work is done to it. Besides, moving forward in the series, wouldn't a better fix for that particular... well, we'll call it "problem" ;)... be to have the mods hit those power figures on their own, instead of having some magical oil do it?

I've yet to hear of someone buying a brand new car off a dealer lot, changing the oil, and netting 30hp.
The tradition has to continue and that goes with standards cars as well. Sorry to bring up about the standards cars but that is the way I feel about these things and it keep the tradition going.

The tradition has to continue and that goes with standards cars as well. Sorry to bring up about the standards cars but that is the way I feel about these things and it keep the tradition going.
Why? What will happen if the oil change goes away and the car comes with the same amount of power from the dealer that it would have had with an oil change? What is lost in gameplay if you no longer have to press those buttons to exit the car buying menu, enter the GT Auto Menu, press the buttons to get an oil change, and watch the same animation hundreds of times in the game?

I find it a pain when building cars to a certain spec and the car doesn't respond well to power limiting, you get the car built and setup to the standard you want and then 3 races later you end up having to buy a whole new car just because doing an oil change puts you over the power limiter threshold and harms your performance.
Maybe if they had a Race Fuel option to give you that optional 5% power boost so the ability was still there alongside normal oil changes (no added power). Surely that would appeal to both sides of the argument? Some folks want the extra power, some just want to keep their car on the road, neither side should be forced into a choice.

...so why do we have fields of cars greater than six? I mean, traditionally, GT only had six cars on track at once.

Then why didn't PD create GT1 and just leave it at that?

Unrealistic it may be but I would like to keep the oil changes in the game, along with the degradation of the car. The oil change should stay without the incredible boost in hp.

Keep in mind there really are oils you can buy irl like race oil that do improve performance. But 20 extra hp is ridiculous.

Oil change is unrealistic & absolutely pointless, just do an engine overhaul every 3000 - 3400 miles or so & have done with it.
Though why the game models slight changes in engine power over time is beyond me when it does not model changes for altitude. If you could race Matterhorn for real you would have a noticeable power difference compared to say Monaco.
From a game point of view its also a big waste of money, buy a tuning part if you need more power its permanent.

I think it should go, don't really like it unrealistically increasing a cars's HP when its bought from the dealer and oil is change.

The oil should give 1 extra horse power - maybe even 0,5. One pony power.

cavallo_libero_foto_1024x768.jpg

;)

I don't like any of the GT Auto features... If you're not going to simulate damage, simulating wear and tear is just annoying.

They say the oil is a special PD blend to increase power, so why isn't this oil already in cars from the PD showroom? :odd:

I want it to stay for the sake of tradition.
I agree and I think that is why it is still present. For the people who complain relentlessly about options, there's one for you. You can decide whether you want to do the oil exploit or not.

I agree and I think that is why it is still present. For the people who complain relentlessly about options, there's one for you. You can decide whether you want to do the oil exploit or not.

Yes, I like options. However, I also like cohesion & consistency.

For instance: in a 1 make race online with the PP set to what a car has stock without oil change, cars that have the oil change & then pull down the Power Limiter will have an advantage. Either everyone changes their oil to make it fair, or it's unfair. Most of my cars don't have the oil changed, mainly because I cannot be bothered to endure all the animations & having to do one at a time.

Real cars don't get BHP boost with an oil change, neither should they in a simulator imo.

VBR
Yes, I like options. However, I also like cohesion & consistency.

For instance: in a 1 make race online with the PP set to what a car has stock without oil change, cars that have the oil change & then pull down the Power Limiter will have an advantage. Either everyone changes their oil to make it fair, or it's unfair. Most of my cars don't have the oil changed, mainly because I cannot be bothered to endure all the animations & having to do one at a time.

Real cars don't get BHP boost with an oil change, neither should they in a simulator imo.
Oh, really? My bad, I thought it did up hp IRL. It's been in the game since day one and it doesn't bother me. Have you player one make races or am I not recalling correctly right now...? Every one make race that I've been part of, others than once...I didn't own the car and it was given to me for the race by default. I couldn't tune it, etc. It put everyone a level playing field. I don't think you can use your own car for one make races and I'm fairly certain there is a select, set list of cars to choose from.

The advantage when you put the same car side by side is negligable. If you win against someone with the same setup and an oil change, you were going to win anyways and the same goes for losing.

You can't adjust the power limiter or anything in one make races as far as I know. If you can use your own car, that is news to me and I am wrong. Either way, the game limits horsepower, not torque and torque contributes to your PP. It's still not free torque, so don't get too upset.

It's not a simulator, it's evolving into one and it is a single old school tradition left in the game.

To boot, if you could tune cars in one make races...anyone running an oil change would be racing with less horsepower to match the same PP (because of the extra torque), if the host thought for a second and figured setting a PP limit in that case was wise. But, that should not matter.

Oh, really? My bad, I thought it did up hp IRL. It's been in the game since day one and it doesn't bother me. Have you player one make races or am I not recalling correctly right now...? Every one make race that I've been part of, others than once...I didn't own the car and it was given to me for the race by default. I couldn't tune it, etc. It put everyone a level playing field. I don't think you can use your own car for one make races and I'm fairly certain there is a select, set list of cars to choose from.

The advantage when you put the same car side by side is negligable. If you win against someone with the same setup and an oil change, you were going to win anyways and the same goes for losing.

You can't adjust the power limiter or anything in one make races as far as I know. If you can use your own car, that is news to me and I am wrong. Either way, the game limits horsepower, not torque and torque contributes to your PP. It's still not free torque, so don't get too upset.

It's not a simulator, it's evolving into one and it is a single old school tradition left in the game.

To boot, if you could tune cars in one make races...anyone running an oil change would be racing with less horsepower to match the same PP (because of the extra torque), if the host thought for a second and figured setting a PP limit in that case was wise. But, that should not matter.
In real life replacing the dirty used oil in your engine with fresh clean oil will return some BHP lost over time but it won't really ever add any extra power.

Back