Possible 'confirmation' of NFS Underground 3?

• Thread starter billyhas
  • 648 comments
Maybe the new NFS is using a brand new Frostbite engine. :)
Not happening. It was announced a year or two ago that most full release EA games will use the Frostbite or Ignite engine.

Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge, Battlefront, any new Battlefields and Need For Speed games will be using it. Criterion's extreme sports game will be as well.

Last edited:
I'd say that it runs on the Frostbite 3 engine. It's a quite decent engine, providing great graphics and stuff (BF4 and NFS Rivals for example). As in terms of handling, I let myself be surprised.

No Limits has licensed body kits. It's pretty much a given that this game will have it too.
That'll be a change then. Well, old NFS may have had licenced bodykits but didn't show the brand names, only the rims did.

The Official Need For Speed Facebook page just posted this image with the caption "Are you ready for the next chapter?":
11259726_467318636760779_704092133287640727_n.jpg
Oh look, there goes my interest. :(

You wot m8?

Sequel:
51d2926c0e.png

The console/PC versions of Underground, Underground 2, Most Wanted 2005 and Carbon follow the same narrative with the same character in the same universe.
Not the same character dude.

Well I'm not sure if the character in MW/Carbon is the same one in Underground but the universe is the same.
Hmm, so anything in the same universe? Like every movie made just about?

I think you guys might be stretching the term a bit. Similarities, particularly physics, do not indicate a sequel in this case. Of course, they're all NFS, so technically they are sequels, but only in that sense. The NFS franchise, as a whole.
Unless there is something actually directly linking them in all the games. (which there isn't to my knowledge)

You have to at least agree that Carbon was similar to Underground surely.
From what I've seen, some of the elements that were cut from the Underground games were included in the Most Wanted series. To some extent, they are related.

That'll be a change then. Well, old NFS may have had licenced bodykits but didn't show the brand names, only the rims did.
None of the old games had licensed kits.

I think he means the look of a kit, you know, that there is a kit that looks like an existing one (for example the Kamikaze-R kit for the GT-R from Varis) but it's not running as the "Varis Kamikaze-R" but as the "Racing" kit.

Not the same character dude.
Underground 2: Gains money, a lot of it.
Somewhere between Underground 2 and Most Wanted: Buys an M3 GTR.
Most Wanted: Arrives to Rockport.

If you think about it like that, it starts to make sense.

Because the tires had the Speedhunters logo on it, I quickly checked Speedhunters's archive of featured green Porsches with RWBs and I only found two (none of them have the Speedhunters logo on their tires)

markrwb2.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/11/car_feature_the_illest_rwb_porsche/

and

IMG_0005_aJk4_10.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/07/car_feature_gt_gt_rauh_welt_rough_rhythm/

You can also see, none of the rear fenders match up with the newest screenshot and none of the tires have the Speedhunters logo on them so this could be either: a) you can choose to have a RWB kit and Speedhunters tires, or b) this is a sneak peak of a future Speedhunters car that will be featured in the new Need for Speed game. I hope its the former.

Ummmmm guys... I dare you to click on the spoiler because if you do, you are going to be so hyped.
View attachment 369946
Need For Speed Carbon 2 confirmed? :eek:
Is this BS?

Underground 2: Gains money, a lot of it.
Somewhere between Underground 2 and Most Wanted: Buys an M3 GTR.
Most Wanted: Arrives to Rockport.

If you think about it like that, it starts to make sense.
Oh, so in a story you made up. Gotcha. :lol:

If U3 is coming then I really have to complete at least MW and U2. Maybe I will look for Carbon one day.
As someone who has played all but 1 or 2 NFS games (ever made) Carbon is the best.
And Carbon is PS3. :cool:

Is this BS?

As someone who has played all but 1 or 2 NFS games (ever made) Carbon is the best.

I have played Carbon a bit, seemed great. Too bad I don't have PS3 anymore.

Is this BS?

Have no clue. Possibly but I don't know why I even bother posting this up because no where in the wiki did it said that this was going to be a installment to Underground and Carbon. But could you imagine them continuing the story after the events of NFS Carbon?

Is this BS?

It is BS. I checked Wikipedia and no mention of it being based on Carbon/Underground:
Need for Speed: No Limits (PC, XBOX ONE, PS4) (2015)[edit]
The next "Need For Speed" title will be revealed worldwide on May 21, 2015 on Need For Speed Youtube channel. Writing on the Need for Speed Facebook page on May 18, 2015, EA said fans can get the "first look at the return of NFS" this week. A picture was included with the post, leading some fans to speculate that it may be a new installment in the Underground - Most Wanted - Carbon series. This picture was later enhanced by fans to reveal what closely resembles Need for Speed: No Limits (which is scheduled to come out later in 2015).[193] The enhanced picture can be seen by following this link

Many fans on Need For Speed Facebook page are hoping that the new game features a day/night racing envirinment (as in the reacent Need For Speed games like Rivals and Most Wanted 2012), rather that just day or just night racing environment (as featured in Underground, Carbon and Most Wanted 2005). Fans are also eager to see the return of high visual and performance customizations along with an engaging story-line, as it once used to be in the Underground - Most Wanted - Carbon series.

"Are you ready for the next chapter? #NFS" was posted on May 20, 2015 on Need for Speed Twitter account along with a teaser image of the game's Porsche 911 Carrera (993), which also appears in the Need For Speed: No Limits trailer in the exact same body configuration. This is leading some fans to speculate that the next installment in the franchise may be called No Limits and will expand on the mobile version of the game.

Also the U2 linking to MW is feasible. You had alot of money at the end of U2 so the character could easily buy an M3 GTR.

Ummmmm guys... I dare you to click on the spoiler because if you do, you are going to be so hyped.
View attachment 369946
Need For Speed Carbon 2 confirmed? :eek:
Wikipedia is a wiki which means probably some kid put that up in anticipation. I doubt an EA employ would put that much information on before the release.

(BF4 and NFS Rivals for example)
You played either of those games during the first few months after release, did you? Because if you did, you wouldn't say this. :P Yes, games using the Frostbite engine look fantastic, but the bugs and glitches were horrible - especially when it comes to NFS Rivals. I'm not sure as to how the game performs now, but I still remember the huge outrage around its release.

Because the tires had the Speedhunters logo on it, I quickly checked Speedhunters's archive of featured green Porsches with RWBs and I only found two (none of them have the Speedhunters logo on their tires)

markrwb2.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/11/car_feature_the_illest_rwb_porsche/

and

IMG_0005_aJk4_10.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/07/car_feature_gt_gt_rauh_welt_rough_rhythm/

You can also see, none of the rear fenders match up with the newest screenshot and none of the tires have the Speedhunters logo on them so this could be either: a) you can choose to have a RWB kit and Speedhunters tires, or b) this is a sneak peak of a future Speedhunters car that will be featured in the new Need for Speed game. I hope its the former.

I was looking at that this morning and I didn't bother to post it because mobile browsers are troublesome with uploading photos on forums. Thanks for putting the time and effort to post this. :)

It is BS. I checked Wikipedia and no mention of it being based on Carbon/Underground:
Need for Speed: No Limits (PC, XBOX ONE, PS4) (2015)[edit]
The next "Need For Speed" title will be revealed worldwide on May 21, 2015 on Need For Speed Youtube channel. Writing on the Need for Speed Facebook page on May 18, 2015, EA said fans can get the "first look at the return of NFS" this week. A picture was included with the post, leading some fans to speculate that it may be a new installment in the Underground - Most Wanted - Carbon series. This picture was later enhanced by fans to reveal what closely resembles Need for Speed: No Limits (which is scheduled to come out later in 2015).[193] The enhanced picture can be seen by following this link

Many fans on Need For Speed Facebook page are hoping that the new game features a day/night racing envirinment (as in the reacent Need For Speed games like Rivals and Most Wanted 2012), rather that just day or just night racing environment (as featured in Underground, Carbon and Most Wanted 2005). Fans are also eager to see the return of high visual and performance customizations along with an engaging story-line, as it once used to be in the Underground - Most Wanted - Carbon series.

"Are you ready for the next chapter? #NFS" was posted on May 20, 2015 on Need for Speed Twitter account along with a teaser image of the game's Porsche 911 Carrera (993), which also appears in the Need For Speed: No Limits trailer in the exact same body configuration. This is leading some fans to speculate that the next installment in the franchise may be called No Limits and will expand on the mobile version of the game.
Oh sweet, I didn't realize it was tomorrow. I can wait that long. :lol:
I'm kind of assuming it's something "new", the way their advertising "the next chapter".

Also the U2 linking to MW is feasible. You had alot of money at the end of U2 so the character could easily buy an M3 GTR.
I had a lot of money at the end of every NFS game. Sooo...

As far as I know, there is nothing to suggest that they are or not the same character, aside from subtle references.
What about a name? 💡

You can neither confirm or deny it.
Actually, I can deny it, and demand evidence, which you don't seem to have.
Aside from "my character left with lots of money", which is every NFS game ever.

Back