Possible 'confirmation' of NFS Underground 3?

• Thread starter billyhas
  • 648 comments
You played either of those games during the first few months after release, did you? Because if you did, you wouldn't say this. :P Yes, games using the Frostbite engine look fantastic, but the bugs and glitches were horrible - especially when it comes to NFS Rivals. I'm not sure as to how the game performs now, but I still remember the huge outrage around its release.
Well, I played BF4 for the first time around last December for the first time :P And in terms of NFS Rivals, I only saw some Let's Play's of it recently.

Because the tires had the Speedhunters logo on it, I quickly checked Speedhunters's archive of featured green Porsches with RWBs and I only found two (none of them have the Speedhunters logo on their tires)

markrwb2.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/11/car_feature_the_illest_rwb_porsche/

and

IMG_0005_aJk4_10.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/07/car_feature_gt_gt_rauh_welt_rough_rhythm/

You can also see, none of the rear fenders match up with the newest screenshot and none of the tires have the Speedhunters logo on them so this could be either: a) you can choose to have a RWB kit and Speedhunters tires, or b) this is a sneak peak of a future Speedhunters car that will be featured in the new Need for Speed game. I hope its the former.

11259726_467318636760779_704092133287640727_n.jpg

Oh, it seems, that I was a bit too late for my post. Oh well, I guess tomorrow there will be more info in the announcement and more screenshots ;)

Not the same character dude.
Same character. 'Player' fled to Olympic city after a street race was stopped in Palmont by the police. The events of Underground and U2 happen before the player goes to Rockport where a character mentions the player having done underground racing beforehand. Bayview is mentioned as well and it's allegedly visible from one of the canyon runs in Carbon.

Actually, I can deny it, and demand evidence, which you don't seem to have.
Aside from "my character left with lots of money", which is every NFS game ever.
Exactly, you only need money to buy a car, you earn money from street racing, not hard to pinpoint where that money went. For U2 it went on a blue GT-R, MW it went on an M3 GTR.

What about a name? 💡
None of the named protagonists are related to Most Wanted or Underground as far as I know.

Same character. 'Player' fled to Olympic city after a street race was stopped in Palmont by the police. The events of Underground and U2 happen before the player goes to Rockport where a character mentions the player having done underground racing beforehand.
It's implied, but never explicitly stated.

Bayview is mentioned as well and it's allegedly visible from one of the canyon runs in Carbon.
It's just some random textures that are supposed to make the canyons look closer to Palmont than they really are.

None of the named protagonists are related to Most Wanted or Underground as far as I know.

It's implied, but never explicitly stated.

It's just some random textures that are supposed to make the canyons look closer to Palmont than they really are.
In other words, it can't be proved or disproved.

Which leaves EA enough space to create Underground 3, telling a story after Underground 2, ending up with owning the BMW M3 GTR driving right into Most Wanted storyline
Precisely. Maybe include a few notable characters to.

btw..who plays NFS for the story? :D I don't mind some inconsistencies, they could fit it in somehow. As long as the gameplay, amount of cars and tuning options are right I wouldn't mind if my character is driving against aliens as a battle to decide whether they blow the earth or not

Actually, I can deny it, and demand evidence, which you don't seem to have.
Aside from "my character left with lots of money", which is every NFS game ever.
My experience of denying things is that you also need evidence, which you seem to have none.

Then there's the fact that wouldn't make much sense to make two completely separate stories where things have left unexplained, including where the player was between the background story of Carbon and Most Wanted and how the player got enough money for the M3 GTR, as there definitely wasn't enough for both moving cities and the car in the bag the player got in the flashback seen in Carbon.

Which leaves EA enough space to create Underground 3, telling a story after Underground 2, ending up with owning the BMW M3 GTR driving right into Most Wanted storyline
Happened in 2004, and we've already seen Subaru BRZ. It wouldn't be right.

While waiting for the reveal of the next NFS game, I just remember they had something from Underground 1. Something literally awesome...
image.jpg

Is this a dream? A Rob Zombie Nissan 350z? If Underground 3 happens, please add a Disturbed Mitsubishi Evolution X or maybe even a Static X Evo. *Nothing wrong paying tribute to Wayne Static.*

While waiting for the reveal of the next NFS game, I just remember they had something from Underground 1. Something literally awesome...
View attachment 369955
Is this a dream? A Rob Zombie Nissan 350z? If Underground 3 happens, please add a Disturbed Mitsubishi Evolution X or maybe even a Static X Evo. *Nothing wrong paying tribute to Wayne Static.*
I loved them in U1! :D Collected everyone of those, the Rob Zombie was an absolute drifting monster.

I've just noticed something ... the right headlight looks somewhat blue-ish (reflection more than the light itself, if you ask me), as opposed to the left one. Yes, I am implying NFS2015 might as well have cops! Not that this is surprising to anyone, but since we're assuming it will be Underground 3, this might be worth mentioning. ;)

I've just noticed something ... the right headlight looks somewhat blue-ish, as opposed to the left one. Yes, I am implying NFS2015 might as well have cops! Not that this is surprising to anyone, but since we're assuming it will be Underground 3, this might be worth mentioning. ;)
If they bring cops to the underground universe, it better be as good as the cops from Most Wanted 2005. Man I'm not joking on how awesome the police chases were in Most Wanted 2005.

I've just noticed something ... the right headlight looks somewhat blue-ish (reflection more than the light itself, if you ask me), as opposed to the left one. Yes, I am implying NFS2015 might as well have cops! Not that this is surprising to anyone, but since we're assuming it will be Underground 3, this might be worth mentioning. ;)

The general consensus is that this game will be a sequel Carbon with the Underground name for better publicity. Carbon is kind of viewed as an Underground-style game with cops and exotic cars, both features this game is very likely to feature.

Spot on. FIFA, Madden, NBA and I think UFC all used Ignite. PGA Tour is using Frostbite, interestingly enough.

@sems4arsenal Dragon Age and Hardline are pretty damn well optimised on consoles. So was Battlefield 4 once DICE LA fixed it.

Dragon age yes, Hardline looks really poor (runs at 900p or something) and still gets FPS drops, BF4 still has resolution issues and regular FPS drops in MP.

My experience of denying things is that you also need evidence, which you seem to have none.
There has to be something to deny, to which nobody has stated thus far.

Then there's the fact that wouldn't make much sense to make two completely separate stories where things have left unexplained, including where the player was between the background story of Carbon and Most Wanted and how the player got enough money for the M3 GTR, as there definitely wasn't enough for both moving cities and the car in the bag the player got in the flashback seen in Carbon.
Just because you've thought of a story, doesn't make it so. I don't know why you (or anyone else) need that explained.

It's possible, would you like to discuss everything possible?

If they wanted to link the games, they would have. Hell, maybe it is supposed to be, but it's far from official, and where you guys get the idea that it's so absolute is beyond me.
Underground 2 and Carbon don't have even close to the same physics, by the way.(that was mentioned earlier) If I recall, MW physics weren't exactly the same as Carbon's even, but both were different than UDG2, significantly.

Pre order and EA are two words that you must never use in the same sentence. Never a worse idea than preordering an EA game.

Why??

As far as I know, there is nothing to suggest that they are or not the same character, aside from subtle references.

Well I remember at the end of MW right before you race razor that Rog guy sent a voicemail to the player and talked about razor and then said that basically the hype between you and razor was so high that "even people as far as bayview was throwing cash down on this." So that could
Be related but it wouldn't prove anything if I'm correct

Don't have time to post the video but Rog in Most Wanted 2005 says something along the lines of "Look who came out of the Underground" to you.

Don't have time to post the video but Rog in Most Wanted 2005 says something along the lines of "Look who came out of the Underground" to you.
Yep that proves it it's the same player from bayview who went to rockport cause after that Rog then says "let's see how you handle in the daylight"

Here's the video

It's pretty much a shout-out to the previous game. Bayview is also mentioned in one of the challenge series events so it's possible they're reasonably close together. However, there is no further evidence to prove the connection between the characters.

Is Ryan Cooper canon to UG, UG2, MW 2005, Carbon?
latest

He was a former illegal street racer but becomes a legal racer in Prostreet.

If EA does this right, my faith will finally be restored in the franchise. Most Wanted 2012 was dreadful for me, and I didn't even play Rivals. Undercover was the last good NFS-I feel as though the quality of gameplay dropped substantially when it moved to the PS3 and EA's reputation was almost tarnished.

Back