Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
I must be insane to do this twice... once in 2003, and again now in 2011, but anyway:

evos_front.jpg

evos_back.jpg

Boxsters seem quite cheap these days. Theres one for sale in town for $34,000NZ. Pretty much the same price as an R33 GT-R (R32 GT-R's are generally $18,000-$27,000). Thats for a 2001 Boxster S.

Would be tempting if i had the cash, but so would a GT-R. ;)

The older ones you can find for around $11-16000US. It was between this and a Corvette C5 but this was a deal I couldn't pass up. If anyone is in the market for a relatively cheap used sports car for sure look at these bad boys.

Any mods?

The '03 has a few mods -- it's putting out about 320 HP at the wheels (exhaust + cams + tune), up from 226 HP stock, also an ACT race clutch and a Quaife front LSD. Won a regional autocross championship with it in '04. Used to have a JIC coilover suspension, but I put that back to stock to make it more street-friendly.

The '11 is going to stay stock. I went down that slippery path once -- excessive modifications :) -- and I'm not really motivated to do it again right now.

Just bought her on monday. Its a joy to drive and will probably get me into a lot of trouble.

2002 Porsche Boxster

Ahh... Very nice, Napoleon! The first generation Boxster has always been one of my dream cars. The craze started back when I was playing my first ever playstation game - 'Porsche Challenge'.

I'll buy one someday. Probably in Silver with red leather interior... just like Dan's car in the game. :)

jbrennen
The '03 has a few mods -- it's putting out about 320 HP at the wheels (exhaust + cams + tune), up from 226 HP stock, also an ACT race clutch and a Quaife front LSD. Won a regional autocross championship with it in '04. Used to have a JIC coilover suspension, but I put that back to stock to make it more street-friendly.

The '11 is going to stay stock. I went down that slippery path once -- excessive modifications :) -- and I'm not really motivated to do it again right now.

Very cool! Mods and it does work. :)

Crazed_Coupe
Ahh I think the EVO looks fantastic without the wing. :)

Ever see a X with an VIII/IX wing? Actually looks pretty good. Considering one likes big ole wings. Hahahaha

I am partial to the wings. However there some cars that do the delete so well. X's I haven't adopted their styling. Not cup of tea.

Ever see a X with an VIII/IX wing? Actually looks pretty good. Considering one likes big ole wings. Hahahaha

I am partial to the wings. However there some cars that do the delete so well. X's I haven't adopted their styling. Not cup of tea.

Yeah, it's all just personal preference I guess. 👍

I will be keeping the '03. As far as the wing, I'm not very opinionated on that one. I probably would have bought the '03 without one, and probably would have bought the '11 with one.

I'm actually tempted to fit the '03 with a wing like the one on this '03:

stu_run3.jpg

That's me driving -- I trophied at the SCCA Solo Nationals (autocross) in '06 in that car.

jbrennen
I will be keeping the '03. As far as the wing, I'm not very opinionated on that one. I probably would have bought the '03 without one, and probably would have bought the '11 with one.

I'm actually tempted to fit the '03 with a wing like the one on this '03:

That's me driving -- I trophied at the SCCA Solo Nationals (autocross) in '06 in that car.

I considered selling my '03, just can't bring myself to part with it. As well what would I replace it with? Nothing does everything so well for so cheap.

Looked into a STi as a daily. Considered trading my 04 Grand Cherokee Overland. However another vehicle I really like and can't see myself being happy with out a capable tow / offroader.

Why? With cars like that it's standard procedure here on GTP. :dunce:
Only if they're a n00b claiming to have a mega supercar. No offense to Mikey, Owen or anyone else who has got one, but a Boxster isn't really going to be the subject of a ludicrous claim. If you're going to kid on you've got a Porsche, at least make it a 911 GT2 or the like. You can get a Boxster for £5,000-£6,000 over here in the UK so its not exactly a ludicrous claim anymore.

daan
Only if they're a n00b claiming to have a mega supercar. No offense to Mikey, Owen or anyone else who has got one, but a Boxster isn't really going to be the subject of a ludicrous claim. If you're going to kid on you've got a Porsche, at least make it a 911 GT2 or the like. You can get a Boxster for £5,000-£6,000 over here in the UK so its not exactly a ludicrous claim anymore.

No offense. I have an Evo, the one they say drives more like 911 the a 911. ;) I'd still take a 911/996 AWD and turbo or LSx Vette if I didn't need 4 doors.

I agree with you, but many see Porsche and assume large money and bark fake.

I think a used Boxster is one of the best deals for a mid engine sports car right now. Now if I could only find a good deal on a 3.8 engine I will have a new project in mind. 💡

After the last couple of days we have to stay sharp. :lol:

Fun car though. A lot of fun. I kind of miss mine. Have you had any issues with the infamous pre-cat on the 1ZZ-FED?

Back