Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
Here's my guys:

1989 Jeep Wrangler Islander, 4.2L I6, Peugeot BA-10 5-speed:yuck:
ToplessJeep2.jpg

1973 Chevy C20, 350 V8, TH400, GM 14-bolt, Rattlecan paintjob:sly:
HPIM0599.jpg

(Sorry if they're too big, it's nice to see details :D)

new photo.....took this when i was closing the airport after work yesterday:

n563736507_766406_3865.jpg

i seriously love working at the airport....on saturday i had the whole snow covered ramp to myself and no inbound traffic.... :D

dA sticker! I see a deviantART Sticker!

Where's your site? can I watch?

A few weeks ago.

Same day. Different angle. I accidentally threw the center caps on the snows away.

...so I had to order some new ones.

M

So how do snow tires work on a car that heav...err...powerful? Brad's going to need to know if he's gonna get himself a Miata.

So how do snow tires work on a car that heav...err...powerful? Brad's going to need to know if he's gonna get himself a Miata.

Not bad, actually. Only problem is that Slow-n-Ugly is so low, anything more than 5 inches turns it into a snow plow. But as long as I don't get too much under the car, it pwns it. Between the Dunlops, the M-diff and ABS/DTC, it's got it covered. The fact that it can even get up my driveway (to the left in middle pic) is pretty amazing in it of itself.

Weight is actually a good thing when you're trying to get snow traction. I think Brad may want to drive around with a 50 lb. bag of sand or rock salt in the trunk.

Must be fun in the snow. :lol:

My attorney tells me not to comment :)

M

Man, that is some spooky weather, M-spec. Nice car, though. Looks quite cool, for sure. ;)

Nope not in Michigan, but it is illegal to drive with them on while other vehicles are present...which makes perfect sense. I only use them on back roads.

zedcold2nc5.jpg

Same day. Different angle. I accidentally threw the center caps on the snows away.
M

Man, that just looks like good clean fun there... :D

I almost washed my car today, but this time of year is wet, dirty, and sloppy here in NW Montana. Even when it's not snowing or raining, there's still meting slush on the roads making everything muddy and gross. Maybe next week....

Looks like you have your share of nasty weather. How's it drive on the ice/snow?

Not bad, actually. Only problem is that Slow-n-Ugly is so low, anything more than 5 inches turns it into a snow plow. But as long as I don't get too much under the car, it pwns it. Between the Dunlops, the M-diff and ABS/DTC, it's got it covered. The fact that it can even get up my driveway (to the left in middle pic) is pretty amazing in it of itself.

Weight is actually a good thing when you're trying to get snow traction. I think Brad may want to drive around with a 50 lb. bag of sand or rock salt in the trunk.
Yeah, I forgot that weight is good. Helps you to dig through the snow and down to the asphalt. I should have known that because I've been packing sand bags in the back of my dad's Ranger for years now :lol:. I think I might have a time with this new Civic. The Sol sucked enough, but this car has a tendency to spin the right wheel, whereas the Sol rarely unloaded only one wheel. Apparently Honda changed the left-to-right weight distribution, because they've both got the same drieline. Also, these old Hondas have possibly the most unsophisticated ABS ever, because the whole car might as well be a massive Silver Bullet on the "low" setting when it's working.

Bro's new car. Since I don't have a pic of the Celica, which I will post up on Monday.

n676645672_745082_8234.jpg

Pako, if you see that silver A6 doing 100+ MPH between here and MSU, with Washington plates, its probably my brother. He is either gonna kill himself or get arrested with it.

I almost washed my car today, but this time of year is wet, dirty, and sloppy here in NW Montana. Even when it's not snowing or raining, there's still meting slush on the roads making everything muddy and gross. Maybe next week....

I have to admit that I succumb and run it through automatic car washes in the winter. :indiff: But at least I found a place that doesn't leave (many) swirl marks.

Looks like you have your share of nasty weather. How's it drive on the ice/snow?

Great, all things considered. 90% of the credit goes to the Dunlop Wintersports. Over the weekend, we got some snow/sleet/rain/sleet/freezing rain and the driveway was covered in an inch and a half of ice. I think we got about 4, maybe 5 inches total that weekend. The Z wasn't fazed at all and even managed to climb the driveway (lots of traction control and rear diff action).

The wife's FWD Murano couldn't do it; it got stuck at the top..about 20 feet from the garage. I had to throw a bunch of rock salt at it and shovel half the driveway.

But I admit we've yet to get some serious snow.

Was this taken on December 5? Because I live in New Jersey and I remember this weather because it was my birthday and I got my drivers license.

No idea :lol: I'll take a look at the dated originals when I get home.

Yeah, I forgot that weight is good. Helps you to dig through the snow and down to the asphalt. I should have known that because I've been packing sand bags in the back of my dad's Ranger for years now :lol:. I think I might have a time with this new Civic. The Sol sucked enough, but this car has a tendency to spin the right wheel, whereas the Sol rarely unloaded only one wheel. Apparently Honda changed the left-to-right weight distribution, because they've both got the same drieline. Also, these old Hondas have possibly the most unsophisticated ABS ever, because the whole car might as well be a massive Silver Bullet on the "low" setting when it's working.

What rubber do you have on the car?

M

nope guards are all left as is. no tyre rubbing. i only get a few mm clearance to the guard and a few mm to the shock on both the front and rear though. If the offset was any different it would rub. rims are 8" wide and i'm using 235/35 rubber. i think 245 would probably rub aswell.

Back