Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
you really want that, or would a few more photos suffice. Notice the license plate, either I am a stalker or I have a ton of pics of it.

Photos of it at the track, I was driving so I can;t take credit for the photos.
MK2_8647.jpg

Love that pic, your car looks sooo good:drool:

JCE
Mileage update as of today 01/08/2008:
IMAGE_021b.jpg

I think my Camaro just might outlast planet Earth.

Awesome, do you do a lot of motorway driving? I read somewhere here a Civic managed to do 900000 miles only because most of it was on the motorway.

Nah, msot of it is within town. Maybe a little more than half of its miles are motorway miles if I were to guess. All I know is it runs quite well for its age. Jeremy Clarkson would love my Camaro as much as he loved his on the American Holiday episode of TopGear. You remember when he said something to the effect of; "It just wants to keep going" or whatnot...that's exactly how mine feels. It gets happy every day when I start him up.

ladies and gents GT40 MKII IS NOW MOBILE
suzuki gs500F:D

sorry for the bad quality its from a camera phone
i actually am the second owner of the bike it was owned by an older guy so its been pretty well taken care of. and its an '06 with 2400 miles bought AS IS

It's an Eclipse. ALso, may I ask for proof?
And you're not asking for proof of a SLAMMED Speed Miata that was photographed professionally? Matt, you're getting a little careless with your inquiries.

And you're not asking for proof of a SLAMMED Speed Miata that was photographed professionally? Matt, you're getting a little careless with your inquiries.

are you insinuating that I don't own the MSM?

im an apprentice tech

i got some better pics off of my friends camera

*snip

Those are badass pictures man, may I ask what your running under the hood of your RX-7? Seems like we've got quite a bit of members here running RX-7s :D Go us!

Those are badass pictures man, may I ask what your running under the hood of your RX-7? Seems like we've got quite a bit of members here running RX-7s :D Go us!

Engine/Drivetrain:
apex pfc
dual mocal 19row oil coolers
blitz smic
hks downpipe, midpipe, catback
adam c modified stock airbox w/k&n
fluidyne radiator
re amemiya AST
greddy pullies
pettit racing p/s pulley
manual boost controller
simplified sequential
greddy oil catch can
Poly motor mounts
Spec stage 2 clutch
ACT Prolite flywheel
re amemiya short shifter
no a/c

Suspension/Brakes:
Kei Office type XR coilovers
tripoint engineering adjustable front sway bar
Re-Amemiya front stabilizer bridge bar
rotary extreme toe links
rotary extreme trailing arms
mazda 929 brake master cylinder
mazdaspeed diff mounts
new pillow balls
stainless brake lines
Motul RBF 600
hawk hp+ pads
hawk blue pads (for the track, thinking of using hawk ht-10 for the front)
enkei rpf1 17x9 and 17x9.5
kumho mx 255/40/17
nitto nt01 255/40/17

Interior:
bride Vios III
re amemiya column meter boost gauge
greddy oil temp gauge
blitz water temp gauge
re amemiya shift knob
kei office steering wheel

Exterior:
Mazdaspeed replica hood
Shine Auto feed side skirts
Shine Auto re amemiya rear diffuser
feed front bumper
re amemiya gt II wing in wet carbon
96 spec taillights

are you insinuating that I don't own the MSM?
Not at all. My point is that a Speed Miata is much more expensive and exclusive, and yet he questioned a run-of-the-mill Talon. I have three friends who drive tuned Talons, but I can't even remember the last time I saw a Speed Miata! It's like asking "Hey, do you really drive a Corvette," and not even noticing the Ferrari some other guy posted. :lol:

Nice snow driving, Jumper. That looks so badass.

What's that gauge by the gear selector?

Actually, believe it or not, that guage right there on the console in front of the shifter is just a clock. Those cars came with it factory.

The 3 guages hanging above the console are for water temp, oil pressure, and voltage.

Thanks Jay. Before it fell into my hands, it obviously hadnt been cleaned in its 18 year life span. Check out these pics of when we did the Stang 5.0 modifications and all the cleaning we had to do:

projectpic6.jpg

This is the upper intake and AC compressor when they came out of the car...note the BLACK color.

projectpic10.jpg

Here's the upper intake right before we put it back on. As for the AC compressor, you can see it in my engine bay pic in the other post.

Then for the compartment around the engine, I used Wesley's Bleche White to get the really tough grime off. It still isnt near as clean as I want it to be, but for a daily driver, I'm not going to get too crazy on it. Thanks for the compliments.

I had a neighbour buy one like yours, but was in poor repair...we spent weekends making it look alright, and run solid, its a great car, fun to drive. The only real problem we ran across is the base primer ford used that year, ( yellow ) and the paint would peel off with the slightest of provocation. Worth the effort though, for sure.

Yes, I have that yellow color coming through on my bumper molding some. No big deal, considering the paint is still all original. Not bad for almost 20 years old now. Especially with the Mustang 5.0 mods and 3.27 gears and dual exhaust, this car has come ALIVE. And it never hurts to come up to the light next to an unsuspecting import :D .

It's an Eclipse. ALso, may I ask for proof?

I don't think it's required. I know it's hard to believe there's actually a clean looking car like his on the road. (I see so many ricer eclipses it's ridiculous)

Here's my winter setup. I wasn't too big on steelies for winter, but they were one third the price of the cheapest aluminum wheels I could find. Sorry for the quality, cell phones will never replace a proper camera.

supf2.jpg

Back