Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
You could've gone for a more.... tasteful color, and rim combination. Not to mention the headlights look quite silly.

I agree, it looks like one of those pastel blue M&M's they sell at Easter :lol:
bluemms.jpg

Here's a pic I stumbled on while I was archiving some other stuff.... It was taken last year on the family vacation in Oregon.

I agree about the FD RX-7. The wheels look a little on the rice side, but everything else isnt that bad.

Edit: After seeing a better picture of the wheels, they actually dont look ricey either.

Roo
Snow2.jpg

My wheels are meeeelting!

Oh, and the Stage 1 kit is fitted. Note the shiny new exhaust. I might just have to paint it though... I don't like shiny things on my cars. Or I could just let it get really dirty.

Still, it's performance-enhancing mod, so I can tolerate the shiny. Shame about the no-longer-standard noise, really.
I always thought your plans were to keep your Mini stock. I guess not. :indiff:

What are you plans for it?

I always thought your plans were to keep your Mini stock. I guess not. :indiff:

What are you plans for it?

They were. The plan changed when I found out that Stage 1 kits are 10 a penny, whereas original exhausts are bloody hard to find. It's only because I broke the original exhaust beyond repair that I put that on.

And that's the current plan for it: as parts wear out or break, replace them - either with standard or modified parts, which ever is easier to find.

I'm doing my best to keep it looking original, though. It is, however, faster, so it's not a mod for the sake of it.

Very nice! Did you swap in the SR yourself? I've contemplated buying a 240sx shell and swapping in a SR or RB myself just as a weekend fun project. It's difficult to find a body that hasn't been completely rusted out.

Most owners who are selling s13's with clean bodies expect premium prices, especially with todays "drift tax". :indiff:

By the way, the guy with the MR2 on volks, that car is amazingly sexy. Keep it up!

its a KA-T ( KA24de) i built the turbo system myself. i was going to Bullet proof motor number 3 of 5 but the japan thing changed stuff, before my 240 about 5 years ago.. i worked on Honda's a ton and built up good mechanical skills . i never owned a Honda though.. when i got my 240 i was shocked how simple things were. For example, i can change the clutch in my 240 2 1/2 times in the same amount of time it takes for a FF clutch job lol.

man im sooooo glad i got my car before the drift craze lol

REsuperG:
thats a clean FC man..... that FD that im parked next to that guy is a freaking Wankel nut... we are putting a 20B-T in his rx-8 when we both get home... man cant wait to drive it.

Fairlady:
i also had a coupe lined up to buy... i was going to venture out and just drop a rb20 in it for a nice daily. my current car is a bit high strung lol no interior etc.... i hardly went on dates man because of it. and we have horrible roads im DC/MD so i feel EVERY thing.

your look very clean and O do i miss my pignose

Fairlady:
i also had a coupe lined up to buy... i was going to venture out and just drop a rb20 in it for a nice daily. my current car is a bit high strung lol no interior etc.... i hardly went on dates man because of it. and we have horrible roads im DC/MD so i feel EVERY thing.

your look very clean and O do i miss my pignose

Thanks. I used to live out in Woodbridge. Ohio isnt too bad, potholes and detroit are known to swallow cars whole. hahah.
Its nice to see someone keep the KA, it seems like everyone has an SR in their engine bay. I rebuilt my ka over the summer, if it withstands the wear and tear of this season, I may go the same route you did next year.

its a KA-T ( KA24de) i built the turbo system myself. i was going to Bullet proof motor number 3 of 5 but the japan thing changed stuff, before my 240 about 5 years ago.. i worked on Honda's a ton and built up good mechanical skills . i never owned a Honda though.. when i got my 240 i was shocked how simple things were. For example, i can change the clutch in my 240 2 1/2 times in the same amount of time it takes for a FF clutch job lol.

man im sooooo glad i got my car before the drift craze lol

REsuperG:
thats a clean FC man..... that FD that im parked next to that guy is a freaking Wankel nut... we are putting a 20B-T in his rx-8 when we both get home... man cant wait to drive it.

thanks... means alot coming from a true mechanic!! :dopey:

wow 20B RX-8 huh?! that's UNHEARD OF in my book, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was first to accomplish that feat!! that engine is RIDICULOUS!! if he's keeping the 6 speed tranny, I'd be even more baffled!! :scared:

please post pics in the "Imports" section of it if you can!! or if there's some type of thread on RX8club or something on it, link me up!! :cheers:

zaubersfo9.jpg

yeaup ill keep you posted.. i just started getting back on the forums full time......... i been playing GT5 alot lately also so ill be ready to put some new drift vids up soon lol.

Fairlady:

did you ever make it to any of the Mega Meets in Woodbridge.. they were cool when they were around. met A lot of 240 guys that way.

Thanks. I used to live out in Woodbridge. Ohio isnt too bad, potholes and detroit are known to swallow cars whole. hahah.
Its nice to see someone keep the KA, it seems like everyone has an SR in their engine bay. I rebuilt my ka over the summer, if it withstands the wear and tear of this season, I may go the same route you did next year.

Woah, I live like 10 miles south of Woodbridge. But yea I agree with the other guy the roads around here could be much better.
And the only thing I really don't like about the RX-7 is the headlights. I have yet to see a car with flip up headlights converted like that, that I actually like. The rest I could live with tho.

^^ haha cool bro... have you been out to the mega meets???

yea i like my flip ups.. i use to run around sleepy a lot.. but i grew out of that phase rather quick

i was going to get these below from Australia.. but i just have a issue buying parts that are not functional lol... the lights on the FC has vents also.. which is very functional
in the aspect of keeping fresh cool air circulating in the bay

http://www.garage-13.com

180sxlightconversion.jpg

^^ haha cool bro... have you been out to the mega meets???

yea i like my flip ups.. i use to run around sleepy a lot.. but i grew out of that phase rather quick

i was going to get these below from Australia.. but i just have a issue buying parts that are not functional lol... the lights on the FC has vents also.. which is very functional
in the aspect of keeping fresh cool air circulating in the bay

http://www.garage-13.com

180sxlightconversion.jpg

Nah I haven't. I work every weekend of the year so it's rare I can go to meets.

Thso are nice. I like those alot actually. Much better looking than those other ones, no offense to the owner.

I finally got my car after putting on the wheels and tires and finding reasonable insurance through my dad. It's a new chapter in my life now.

Drove it to my house today:

:D

YEAH HYUNDAI COMIN' AT YA.

Seriously, though, it's a good car. The Kumhos on there are crazy good, and I like how the Borbets look. I kind of parked like a dick in that photo, but whatever. The only thing that's a little funny about it is the gearing. I think it starts out in second, but it crawls up to 30 for it to stay in 2nd. If you give it even a little juice to keep up with traffic, it'll drop into first and haul ass. In other words, the flow of traffic is like right in between gears when you're trying to get up to speed from a red light.

Hyundai.... god, the last one I was in felt cheaper than my Tercel.

Still, they build them better than they use to and a cheap car is the best first car you can have, cause well, its cheap and stuff.

So rock on.

Yeah, the Evo 6 is my favorite one. The only thing cooler is an Evo 5 with a vanity plate that says "EVO GO"

This is more of a family car rather than "my car" but its what i drive on weekends and evenings. I dont have my own car yet because first year university is quite expensive and my parents arnt the type of folks who would buy their kid a car :indiff:

tlgunmetalrimsjz7.jpg

Back