Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
Thanks! I want to get some more meshes but its so hard to find a good set for a reasonable price. I wish you could buy new meshes with your choice of size and offset.

My MK1 MR2
img4945ou9.jpg

my 1/2 1994 MK2 MR2 (gen3 3sgte from japan) engine donor for MK1
img4881nh0.jpg

associated MKI parts to be installed during/after the swap
croppedjw1.jpg

Might as well put up a few quick pics.

Front end. Screen isn't there any more. Headlights have been changed to stock ones for compliance. Still got to touch up the chipped paint on the duct.
evo63dr0.jpg

Side. In our very hi-tech garage.
evo64rr0.jpg

Arse end on the street. Shows the worst parts of the car (to me). Gotta get rid of the mudflaps (around 30 seconds worth of work), the Apexi and N1 muffler stickers, and the antennae things on the top corners of the glass.
evo66vp7.jpg

Love the Recaros.
evo67uj4.jpg

Man that is cool, I'm really rather envious heh. It looks really tidy. Personally I would do what you are planning, goodbye mudflaps, stickers and antennas.

Thanks! I want to get some more meshes but its so hard to find a good set for a reasonable price. I wish you could buy new meshes with your choice of size and offset.

I feel you on that. Im sticking with my swastika's until I can find a decent set.
I think my cars a couple pages back. You have a pignose?

I agree the mud flaps add the rally character-trait to the car.. but eh.... its your car bro.. cool by far...

thats my favorite style evo

Wired up for HID's. Apparently you can't comply a car with them on, but its weird because you can buy them pretty cheap, and no one I know with aftermarket HID's have any issues getting warrants or anything.
Why does it need compliance? Is it a new import? :confused: I was under the impression you bought it second-hand. ie: already registered in NZ?

Why does it need compliance? Is it a new import? :confused: I was under the impression you bought it second-hand. ie: already registered in NZ?

Yup, new import, I'm the first registered owner in the country. In the picture of the front end (which was taken before compliance - in just off the boat state) You can see the shipping slip thing stuck on the windscreen, along with the MAF clearance sticker on one of the windscreen wipers. And of course you can see the no WOF, rego or plates as well.

Yup, new import, I'm the first registered owner in the country. In the picture of the front end (which was taken before compliance - in just off the boat state) You can see the shipping slip thing stuck on the windscreen, along with the MAF clearance sticker on one of the windscreen wipers. And of course you can see the no WOF, rego or plates as well.
Ah, makes sense now.

I didn't notice those things before, as I was 100% under the impression it was just a normal purchase. :guilty:

Nice Z06! 👍 My car was that clean today after I finished washing & waxing it. But driving back to campus on sand filled streets (from winter) put a nice layer of dust on her. It takes a real ambitious person to own a black car. :D

It's a royal PITA keeping this car clean. Especially since I drive it everyday. I always seem to end up with black cars though. Go figure :cheers:

I
Nice Z06! 👍 My car was that clean today after I finished washing & waxing it. But driving back to campus on sand filled streets (from winter) put a nice layer of dust on her. It takes a real ambitious person to own a black car. :D

Back