Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
To be honest I kinda miss the fact that there is a bunch of little things that need to be fixed. When I got my car I was spending like 2+ hours a day for over 2-3 weeks just fixing everything that was wrong. Now that all the cheap stuff is out of the way I get to buy the extensive go fast parts. The other day I did the math and in parts alone I have spent around $4000 and I still need more.

I've got a few more repair parts laying around in my room, but just haven't had time to install everything. My shifter finally stopped acting funny, so I don't know what it's deal is. It feels pretty good as a of late. My left wheel bearing hasn't started acting up at all, but I've got the part. I finally got my A/C fixed and all the belts stay put now. I've got a few complicated repairs left, mainly my clutch and/or slave cylinder and hydraulic lines. I need to figure out why my pedal engages so far out because I know it's not the clutch. I tried that already with the Sol.

The crappy window tint, dents, and broken head unit don't count.

I've got a few more repair parts laying around in my room, but just haven't had time to install everything. My shifter finally stopped acting funny, so I don't know what it's deal is. It feels pretty good as a of late. My left wheel bearing hasn't started acting up at all, but I've got the part. I finally got my A/C fixed and all the belts stay put now. I've got a few complicated repairs left, mainly my clutch and/or slave cylinder and hydraulic lines. I need to figure out why my pedal engages so far out because I know it's not the clutch. I tried that already with the Sol.

The crappy window tint, dents, and broken head unit don't count.
My clutch engages very far out too, it's been like that in every civic I've driven, except for ones with high pressure aftermarket clutches.

I think what happens in a normal clutch, is that when you release it, it just slowly and lightly presses until it finally grips close to the end. With a high pressure clutch, it grips right away and the rest of the pedal travel just increases the pressure that it pressed down with. Which in turn lets it hold a lot of power.

EDIT: Anyway, I'll throw in a pic I took yesterday.

dscf0011kk9.jpg

Thanks! Yup I drive the piss out of it lol. To be honest I'm surprised that the engine hasn't blown up yet. As far as mods go I have Stance GR+ Coilovers, Tomei T-Trax Advance LSD, Trust DD Exhaust, Light Weight Flywheel, Stage3 6 Puck Clutch, Subframe Spacers, Megan Short Shifter, Nismo Shift Knob, Kouki S14 Drivers Seat. I'm going to be ordering some Rear Upper Control Arms (RUCAs) here soon so I can go lower. Right now I can't go lower without the stock RUCAs hitting the Coilovers.

Man, sounds epic. Goddamn I like S13s, good to see you modding it up nicely, does it only have an exhaust performance wise? Now that you've made it handle well you're planning an inevitable turbo motor in the future of course?

I had my mechanic go over the Ratsun. I need a new brake master, clutch master, clutch slave, rear wheel cylinders, rear shoes, rocker gasket, list goes on. I'm in the process of collecting/repairing bits at the moment/buying trinkets :D Deluxe badges own. Also picking up 2nd hand Minilites in next few days.

Keep us updated on progress mate!

You keeping the original engine, or going SR20 (or similar)?

When there is progress, updates will be made. At the moment I want to get it running nicely and maybe cosmetic work then maybe in the future go faster bits will go on. Depending on time, money, availability and all the rest I might get my spare block together with the L24 pistons, mild cam, some twin carbs, weber 40s or such-like or maybe the same with an L18. Possibly even a Z18et.
But not for a while.

My Mini in green and my friend's in red with the trailer. Taken at Gaydon at the Heritage Motor Centre.

Roo

My Mini in green and my friend's in red with the trailer. Taken at Gaydon at the Heritage Motor Centre.

There is two great looking Minis! 👍 You have a very nice car Roo! That Mini trailer is pretty neat also.

When there is progress, updates will be made. At the moment I want to get it running nicely and maybe cosmetic work then maybe in the future go faster bits will go on. Depending on time, money, availability and all the rest I might get my spare block together with the L24 pistons, mild cam, some twin carbs, weber 40s or such-like or maybe the same with an L18. Possibly even a Z18et.
But not for a while.

Dude do a KA24DET. Loads of torque and very reliable.
If you have ANY questions about Datsuns talk to this guy.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=35022644
He is local guy (well local to me) and knows his ****. Not to mention he is a hell of a welder just take a look at his pictures....you will cream your self.

Dude do a KA24DET. Loads of torque and very reliable.
If you have ANY questions about Datsuns talk to this guy.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=35022644
He is local guy (well local to me) and knows his ****. Not to mention he is a hell of a welder just take a look at his pictures....you will cream your self.

Nice, looks like that guy knows his stuff, some good quality work I like the pic of the 2 door Ratsun someones posted bout 1/2 down in the comments :D

Heh, KA24 motors are as uncommon in NZ as they are common in America. I don't know of any vehicle which came with the KA24DE, I think we might have some trucks running round with a KA24E and some Maximas got the FWD KA24E I think but otherwise.... If I was going to go twin cam turbo then CA18s, SR20s and FJ20s are easy to come by and relatively cheap. Plus the L18 and Z18et motors are as near to straight swaps as they get, I believe you have to change one engine mount but otherwise you can use the original crossmember et al. The Z18et swap is fairly well documented in NZ, lots of information available but the parts aren't that common unfortunately. At this point I'm still just getting the basics though...

That's because it's an RSX with new badges.

Unless he actually does drive one of the few $50,000+ DC5 Type Rs in America. I find that highly unlikely because it's sitting in the rain and all his grass is dead.

This is my real life ride dedicated to GT4: 1969 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT 1300 Junior. It's the same body style as the game's 1965 GTA, but it's not aluminum body, and has 1290 cc instead of the 1600cc. Nevertheless it performs almost identical to the game car. And that has proved to be an asset as I can practice with an old FX3 Steering Wheel setup before I take the car out for Autocross.

I had seen the car, but it was missing for 20 years and I found it on the street two years ago, in serious need of a rebuild. If you want to see the really sad state of this car, goto www.alfabb.com and search for 1969 Giallo Junior.

Attachments

• 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 51
This is my real life ride dedicated to GT4: 1969 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT 1300 Junior.

Very nice! Nearly twenty years ago I was trying to decide between buying a '65 Giulia GT Coupe in classic Alfa red, a '72 Triumph TR6 in British racing green, and a '74 Jensen Healey in a very beautiful Bordeaux red. Unfortunately my girlfriend at the time absolutely adored the Jensen Healey, and despite my better judgment, I ended up buying the Jensen... and over the next ten years spent a ridiculous amount of time and money keeping it running only to see the value of it continue to decline. :ouch:

Despite my gripes, it was a fun car, and handled quite nicely, and that little 16-valve all-alloy Lotus engine had some serious pep to it... not to mention a beautiful tone, and deep aggressive growl from the twin exhaust pipes that would set off my neighbors car alarm every morning if I revved it up a tad.... and at least the car lasted longer than the girlfriend! :D

Any way, great choice, and I'm sure you will get a lot of joy restoring it. 👍

The Junior is as restored as it is going to get for awhile. The car would not be worth a full rotisserie restoration as it has been ditched, rolled, and even scratched on the passenger side window where it was apparently laid up on some granite or basalt rocks. I beilieve it was rallyed in Germany for a few years before it came to Montana with the original owner. I put about a year's worth of weekends(200 hours) in body work, and though it's not perfect, it is quite nice for cruising and racing. The original color was Giallo Ochre. But I repainted it with the 2007 Mustang color "Valencia".

Thanks for the comments.

Nice talon 👍 Looks clean.

My supercharged MR2 chassis is currently at a shop getting a gen3 3sgte swapped in. Figured I'd need a somewhat reliable car even when I get the MR2 back, so I found a mint condition 1986 944. Only 37,000 miles.
front01606my5.jpg

img5261sg8.jpg

img5261sg8.jpg

This is still one of my favorite cars and chassis.
Nice find man and in excellent condition.

Rain7.jpg

And if this were a true Type R from Japan, it would be right hand drive.
Nice rendition of the real thing though. :D

My supercharged MR2 chassis is currently at a shop getting a gen3 3sgte swapped in. Figured I'd need a somewhat reliable car even when I get the MR2 back, so I found a mint condition 1986 944. Only 37,000 miles.

Very nice, really does look mint 👍 Big fan of the 944s and 924s.

Back