PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 12,873 comments
So i did a solid test on some cars to feel the new physic sensation change. I start early in the morning , a break for job and drive againthis afternoon.
1- Performance points are all over the place and PP limits need to be reviewed on all my cars.

2- Pure physics are not so differents after 1.49. The car almost lean the same way over the 4 tires. Overall balance stay the same in my opinion , but some difficult cars that were setted on a narrow settings window are not ok anymore.

3- This big change is the tires physics. A few days ago i was hoping that the lost and recover of the grip wasn't so much sudden.
I wrote day 19 "Perhaps we'll have only a tires physics change without changing the balance , with a new feel at the wheel , like a new transition between 100% and 0 grip. Actually it's very bad, laterally or longitudinally it must be more progressive to a real life feeling in my opinion."
This is exactly what they did. The lost of grip during a drift or under acceleration out corner is 50% less , staying under control. A real pleasure. I love this feel.

4- Suspensions are changed for sure , if you apply a low spring rate on a low ride height setting on the front, you'll feel like the car is flooring or like the suspension stop turn the front end stiffer. It's a problem.

5- Suspensions settings like dampers , TOE and camber seems still mute or anesthetized. I need to do more test to be sure.

I'll start to redo all my garage tomorrow. I don't know how to do , perhaps with a kind of pool for people vote for a list specials cars to do in priority.....

This is a better game now , it'll be a pleasure for me to do everything again. Question of time. :cheers: ><(((((°>°°°°°

EDIT: I forget the slow corners physics change. Yes there is a better feel with less understeer and a lot more precision at the wheel.

Last edited:
So i did a solid test on some cars to feel the new physic sensation change. I start early in the morning , a break for job and drive againthis afternoon.
1- Performance points are all over the place and PP limits need to be reviewed on all my cars.

2- Pure physics are not so differents after 1.49. The car almost lean the same way over the 4 tires. Overall balance stay the same in my opinion , but some difficult cars that were setted on a narrow settings window are not ok anymore.

3- This big change is the tires physics. A few days ago i was hoping that the lost and recover of the grip wasn't so much sudden.
I wrote day 19 "Perhaps we'll have only a tires physics change without changing the balance , with a new feel at the wheel , like a new transition between 100% and 0 grip. Actually it's very bad, laterally or longitudinally it must be more progressive to a real life feeling in my opinion."
This is exactly what they did. The

I'll start to redo all my garage tomorrow. I don't know how to do , perhaps with a kind of pool for people vote for a list specials cars to do in priority.....
Good idea!!! A pool of 4 cars by week?

I tested these cars. Can confirm the GT3 RS ‘22 with Praiano 1.40 tune is totally undriveable. It’s not even like a car. It’s like a skateboard ollying around and spinning in the air. Crazy.

The FXX K was driveable, fun but defo wilder than before.

I also tried the Cayman Gt4 16 (seemed alright), F8 Tribute (seemed alright), Miura P400 (seemed alright) and the Enzo which was a cracking drive. All seem slightly more temperamental and jumpy than before but it’s hard to pinpoint whether it’s the new physics putting the tune out of whack, or the new physics simply being more realistic, challenging and needing some time to build skills and master them.
Mate thanks for your reply and confirmation of this problem. At first I thought I was exaggerating with my description of the situation. Now I have just discovered a message on the GT7 dashboard that PD is aware of the problem and it will be fixed soon via an update.

As temporary fix for 992 GT3 I just lowered damper compression by 10 on both front and rear, since the new default is 25 instead of 35, it seemed to help.

.....I'll start to redo all my garage tomorrow. I don't know how to do , perhaps with a kind of pool for people vote for a list specials cars to do in priority.....

This is a better game now , it'll be a pleasure for me to do everything again. Question of time. :cheers: ><(((((°>°°°°°
This is probably unpopular, but you might want to wait till PD addresses the current bug introduced in 1.49. I would assume a new patch will be out in a week or two and it might change the PP values again.

This is exactly what they did. The lost of grip during a drift or under acceleration out corner is 50% less , staying under control. A real pleasure. I love this feel.

4- Suspensions are changed for sure , if you apply a low spring rate on a low ride height setting on the front, you'll feel like the car is flooring or like the suspension stop turn the front end stiffer. It's a problem.

5- Suspensions settings like dampers , TOE and camber seems still mute or anesthetized. I need to do more test to be sure.

EDIT: I forget the slow corners physics change. Yes there is a better feel with less understeer and a lot more precision at the wheel.
Completely agree with you on this, understeer situation is definitely better, example on my Supra with your tune non-swap she doesn't understand as much as it used to and I really do have to pay attention when coming out of the corners or she gets still happy.

I feel the best way to tackle the update on cars is to start with all the swap cars first I once those are done just go performance points and if you need a hand let me know

Last edited:
This is probably unpopular, but you might want to wait till PD addresses the current bug introduced in 1.49. I would assume a new patch will be out in a week or two and it might change the PP values again.
I think some bugs fix will not change the new physics . I'll do some cars to chek the settings options. If they do a bigger change , but i don't think so , then i'll do the news cars again.

I feel the best way to tackle the update on cars is to start with all the swap cars first I once those are done just go performance points and if you need a hand let me know

Nah. The best way is what Praiano suggested; a pool that is essentially a vote. Couldn't get any more fairer than that. The most desired tune finishing up with the least desired tune.

That's a great idea! Maybe You can do like some cars each time + one car for credit farm, like Tokyo, Sardegna, Spa and LeMans.

My vote is for the R92CP 800PP Sardegna tune.

This is probably my most used car in the game, with thousands of laps at this point. I used it today, but the car was sitting at around 840PP after the update. I added some ballast and power restrictor to get it down again, but all the added weight was a bit rough on tire wear and significantly slower than the old tune. I had to be pretty careful on the last lap of my first stint.

The car still felt surprisingly pleasant to drive though, just nowhere near as fast as it used to be with the way I set it up.

Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX Type R '99 - 600PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo Rain - 1.49

Wide car
Rims size 17"
Width wide
Offset wide

Front A - Side St - Rear A - Wing Custom

After update , all road cars lost performance but you can win with this car , easy fast drive. Laping first laps 2:09 in my hands.

1721954451257.png
1721954470306.png
1721954482242.png
1721954495300.png

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Porsche GT3 RS (992) '22 - 800PP - Racing Medium Tires - All Track - 1.49

Rims size 21" 22" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Update messed with the 1.40 setting showing a weird suspension bug. Now well balanced with a 100% setting option. Very performant and responsive to trail braking , you can use a rear brake balance around 0 or +3 , i set my car at -3 just because it fit better to my driving style. Up to you.

1721961272652.png
1721961286257.png
1721961296479.png
1721961307372.png

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Jus tried this, amazingly good. If I can get my Jza80 supra to handle like this I'd be set.

Jus tried this serrimg on the 97 supra, pretty good. Just when you try to recover you get snap over steer. With racing hard tires I was able to get 1.50xx at Watkins glen

Last edited:
Porsche GT3 RS (992) '22 - 800PP - Racing Medium Tires - All Track - 1.49

Rims size 21" 22" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Updated messed with the 1.40 setting showing a weird suspension bug. Now well balanced with a 100% setting option. Very performant and responsive to trail braking , you can use a rear brake balance around 0 or +3 , i set my car at -3 just because it fit better to my driving style. Up to you.

View attachment 1375553View attachment 1375554View attachment 1375555View attachment 1375556

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Thank you for everything! You are a great person! 😊

For me I'd vote for any and all Swap tunes. Where possible I apply your tunes to all my swaps and given the amount there are in the game I tend to use Swaps where ever possible so I've at least driven each one once... now with the changes, I am going to have to scrap my tick sheet and start again as and when tweaked tunes are released.

Only downside is I am going to need to find a new FF tuner as the dude I've gone to hasn't posted in months so no chance of updated tunes there.

It goes without saying I and everyone here appreciates your efforts! Keep up the good work.

The bugged physics apply especially to the swap tunes, i hear. So it would possibly be advised to wait for the bugfix update before touching them.

The FXX K and the GT3 RS ' 22 are undriveable as they bounce like a ball.

I tested these cars. Can confirm the GT3 RS ‘22 with Praiano 1.40 tune is totally undriveable. It’s not even like a car. It’s like a skateboard ollying around and spinning in the air. Crazy.
Before heading to work I interpreted these comments as hyperbolic. But now that I am off work I came across this article and realized that you were not exaggerating or purposely trying to be funny. So crazy! Relieved to hear that Praiano is optimistic about the physics changes and not going anywhere.

Thank you for your dedication, Praiano!!

I have a suggestion to consider
  • A NEW Praiano thread for posting and discussing 1.49 and future tunes.
  • Continue using this existing thread for the pool, requests, suggestions of which cars to tune next, and any discussion of 1.48 and EARLIER tunes

The bugged physics apply especially to the swap tunes, i hear. So it would possibly be advised to wait for the bugfix update before touching them.
This IMO because most swaps have chassis made of paper (old cars with brutally OP engines). I've tried several swapped cars with no issues, including muscle cars with soft chassis and lots of power.

Another suggestion for new tunes that I think everyone would really appreciate.

If a new post 1.49 tune has no changes to custom parts and/or tuning parts from your previous tune, then it would be great to include at the top

Custom Parts - NO CHANGE
Tuning Parts - NO CHANGE

It makes the process of applying the updated tune much quicker and easier

Last edited:
I commend the players who track the BOP changes for each update
BoP changes are easily visible. But the problem with PP changes is that you can only use the absolute base of a car to compare as every bit of tuning will make any comparison void.
Also, we know that PP is really not a good base to compare car performance with at all, for one because it relies on the track, but also because PP simply is badly calculated :D

Another suggestion for new tunes that I think everyone would really appreciate.

If a new post 1.49 tune has no changes to custom parts and/or tuning parts from your previous tune, then it would be great to include at the top

Custom Parts - NO CHANGE
Tuning Parts - NO CHANGE

It makes the process of applying the updated tune much quicker and easier
A lot of my published setups don't need all those engine parts options. When i test a car i almost of the time test the maxed car and sometime come back to a lower level of power or PP. I normally don't spend credits to buy a new engine to fit my published car. Up to people using my settings to build the car using the parts needed only.
;)

Back