PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 12,980 comments
Hi, I started a new account to do GT7 from scratch. On my new account my SF23 is about 6 seconds slower per lap as per my old account. Any idea what the problem might be? Kind regards. Lammie.
Maybe simply down to different game version.
The updates have slowed down pace overall.

With physics changes coming this week, Praiano's Tunes are likely to be the area of the update most affected by the changes. Purely from a numbers standpoint as I am unable to find another resource that matches the amount of vehicles that have been tuned in this thread and shared publically.

So keep your head up Praiano as we transition into 1.49, because you and your garage have survived the previous physics overhauls. Even when it was frustrating to have it affect so many cars. I'm sure that we can still utilize the majority of the tunings before the update, but will just need to play around with some minor adjustments to fine-tune them to our liking.

So what's the verdict? Are Praiano's tunes still driveable with new physics?
Or are we back to Square one and a new garage starts today?
i did a few laps with some of the recent cars i built following praiano’s tunes and most didn’t change much, but there’s definitely some tweaking to do since once you change to that car the PP rating seems to get updated to a new value, maybe the tires give more grip and add extra points? Because i was trying to do the new Michelin circuit 600PP race and none of my cars would fit in the limits since as soon as i picked a car the PP rating would go up or down by 5 or 10 points, and switching to hard sport tires would go down by 15 points, so it seems to me that the difference between sport hard/medium/soft tires is more defined, while before it was roughly 5 points between tires.

Last edited:
oh also, some of my engine swapped cars give ma PP error and can’t be used in PP capped races, like one of my favorite 600pp car, the Escudo swapped Mitsubishi GTO now shows a PP error with a warning.

I can say that now I feel better sensation from my tgt-2 and even a few more ffb. I tried some cars (supra mk4, M3 '07) and I'm very happy, much less understeer now. The f40 still understeers a lot. I have to make much more tests but surely there is a good car behaviour improvement 👍 sorry for my english

Last edited:
I don't know if it's a placebo effect but the understanding situation with my favorite Supra MK4 have seemed to go away or improved. No mid- Corner understeer. And I also run on Sports medium Tire which definitely feels stickier. But also I'm only running 690 horses. On the ae86 with the engine swap I get the same sensation Everything feels more stickier with and without Arrow same sport med tire. I definitely think the grip is more. I think the tunes aren't affected drastically. But for those that care for PP levels you'll definitely need to tweak to fit back in

So what's the verdict? Are Praiano's tunes still driveable with new physics?
Or are we back to Square one and a new garage starts today?
I can only report here that the cars drive like on a sharp blade and jump wildly like a ball. There is massive understeer when braking.

Think it will be a car by car basis. Only driven NSX Gr. 4 swap around Le Mans and it felt fine. The PP did drop so I was able to add a few BHP back on it.
I imagine P could make some tweaks to account for the new physics, but the current set up was still good.

For me so far so good. I've tried the swap 240Z 71, BRZ swap, AE86 swap on the ring all good so far.

Scratch what I said about the BRZ it definitely shows some understeer tendencies on Watkins Glen track. I guess you going to be affected depending on which track you're on and this was with hard racing tires

Last edited:
Out of my 675 car garage I have at least 250-300 Praiano tunes applied. It looks like it is less than 5 cars out of my garage that PP has changed much or is now over the limit I was trying to stay under. So that is a big positive. I haven't tested anything yet though. I likely will start with the top 5 cars I recommend in the Tokyo Expressway WTC 600 Guide for Beginners.
You have actually changed into all those cars?

Out of my 675 car garage I have at least 250-300 Praiano tunes applied. It looks like it is less than 5 cars out of my garage that PP has changed much or is now over the limit I was trying to stay under. So that is a big positive. I haven't tested anything yet though. I likely will start with the top 5 cars I recommend in the Tokyo Expressway WTC 600 Guide for Beginners.
Apparently the modified PP doesn't show up until you select said car, so there could be plenty more PP-affected

You have actually changed into all those cars?

Apparently the modified PP doesn't show up until you select said car, so there could be plenty more PP-affected
Aww. Ok. Just went and checked my favorite Tokyo WTC 600 car and after I changed to the car it jumped to 610.52. Doh! So yea it could be way worse than I thought. Have to run to work so won't know until later.

*Edit: Tried another top 5 Tokyo car and it dropped by 8 points.

¯\(ツ)/¯​

Last edited:
Lancia Stratos '73 - 600PP - Sport Medium tires - Tokyo/All Tracks- 1.31
The road car that i love the most , since i was kid seeing Rally world champion "Bernard Darniche" winning everything with the Stratos.
It look like an animal , a shark , a blade ....

-Wide body

- Size up to you / Rims width wide / Offset wide

-Front B
-Wing Custom

View attachment 1250550View attachment 1250551View attachment 1250552View attachment 1250553
My own livery ;):gtplanet::gtpflag::cheers:
View attachment 1129985

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
This tuning has jumped up to 619.99 pp 😢

Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91 - 600PP - Sport Hard/medium Tires - Tokyo/Nordschleife - 1.41

NO Wide car
Rims size 16"
Offset wide

Front B - Side B - Rear St - Wing Custom

Excelent on Tokyo rain event. Very good precise drive , good top speed. Also a top car for Nordschleife using Sport Medium tires.

View attachment 1307724View attachment 1307725View attachment 1307726View attachment 1307734

For Nordschleife jsut some very small change .
View attachment 1307729View attachment 1307730

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
And this tuning is loading with a broken PP error. Not sure if those are capable of being corrected without a patch.

Can anyone confirm that Prior Tunes have been corrupted with the latest update? The FXX K and the GT3 RS ' 22 are undriveable as they bounce like a ball.
I tested these cars. Can confirm the GT3 RS ‘22 with Praiano 1.40 tune is totally undriveable. It’s not even like a car. It’s like a skateboard ollying around and spinning in the air. Crazy.

The FXX K was driveable, fun but defo wilder than before.

I also tried the Cayman Gt4 16 (seemed alright), F8 Tribute (seemed alright), Miura P400 (seemed alright) and the Enzo which was a cracking drive. All seem slightly more temperamental and jumpy than before but it’s hard to pinpoint whether it’s the new physics putting the tune out of whack, or the new physics simply being more realistic, challenging and needing some time to build skills and master them.

Last edited:
I tested these cars. Can confirm the GT3 RS ‘22 with Praiano 1.40 tune is totally undriveable. It’s not even like a car. It’s like a skateboard ollying around and spinning in the air. Crazy.

The FXX K was driveable, fun but defo wilder than before.

I also tried the Cayman Gt4 16 (seemed alright), F8 Tribute (seemed alright), Miura P400 (seemed alright) and the Enzo which was a cracking drive. All seem slightly more temperamental and jumpy than before but it’s hard to pinpoint whether it’s the new physics putting the tune out of whack, or the new physics simply being more realistic, challenging and needing some time to build skills and master them.
I think it is more the latter. But no doubt a lot of tunes will need to be addressed because of PP changes. The Miura P400 was my favorite Praiano tune for Tokyo and was competitive for advanced or beginner drivers. Because you could get the CRB with both Manual and Auto Transmission. That tuning jumped up 10 pp.

I know I could do a no-stop, Auto Trans,+CRB bonus run on Tokyo with the Bvlgari VGT using Sports Hard tires and reducing output to 84%. Now the PP is 608.55. I would have to reduce the Output to 78 to get it under 600pp now and that drops the Max Power from 331 Hp to 307hp. 62-92mph drops from 2.97 sec. to 3.20 sec.

*I don't drive Auto Trans anymore other than to test cars for beginners for Tokyo WTC600.

Last edited:
I wish PD would explain how the PP changes are most affected. I just checked both Pagani tunes and the Zonda jumped up to 803.35 but the Huayra dropped down to 797.69. I commend the players who track the BOP changes for each update.

Back