PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 12,894 comments
So why dont you race your cars and stop bitching in here? Just dont buy it and move on jfc.

You think you are entitled to getting others work for free? I bet Praiano is spending A LOT of hours for his work. Whats wrong with asking for money for his work? More than 600 people are happily paying this price. If thats too much for than make your own tunes.

Are you a 12 year old racing go karts or what? Cant imagine something different with this attitude.
Mimimi im not getting Work from others for free im gonna whine in this forum and call him greedy.
Protip: If you ask your mum nicely for 5 dollars you can get a month and screenshot the builds.
He's just entitled as you are to post his opinion. Considering he's been a member since 2005, and you less than a month, some might say he is even more entitled.

Praiano spends a lot of time on tunes, because he wants to. It wasn't until people bought his PS5, TV, DD pro, and psvr2 for him that he realized he could make money. Nothing wrong with that, but not everyone is going to go along with that

Over 600 signed up, but not everyone is paying for it. A number of people signed up for the free membership just to see how it works.

He already said he makes his own tunes.

He's just entitled as you are to post his opinion. Considering he's been a member since 2005, and you less than a month, some might say he is even more entitled.

Praiano spends a lot of time on tunes, because he wants to. It wasn't until people bought his PS5, TV, DD pro, and psvr2 for him that he realized he could make money. Nothing wrong with that, but not everyone is going to go along with that

Over 600 signed up, but not everyone is paying for it. A number of people signed up for the free membership just to see how it works.

He already said he makes his own tunes.
What point are you trying to make? Of course he wants to spend the time? And if he found a way he can make money with it its even better.
You/He can be happy he did it for free the last years. I just dont get this mentality that you think someone is greedy if he asks for money. Thats how the world works. Like it or not.

I dont get you first sentence at all. So if he is a member since 20 years and profited from all the free tunes he cant be asked to spend 5 dollars now? Should he get a loyalty bonus for... using his tunes? Free tunes?

What point are you trying to make? Of course he wants to spend the time? And if he found a way he can make money with it its even better.
Believe I said there's nothing wrong with it. So what's your point in even bringing this up to me.
You/He can be happy he did it for free the last years. I just dont get this mentality that you think someone is greedy if he asks for money. Thats how the world works. Like it or not.
Never said he was greedy. That was another poster.
I dont get you first sentence at all. So if he is a member since 20 years and profited from all the free tunes he cant be asked to spend 5 dollars now?
You don't get to ask anybody for anything. It's well within Priano's rights to charge for his tunes. A person is then free as to whether they want to take him up on it. And again, that guy creates his own tunes, as do many others.

Believe I said there's nothing wrong with it. So what's your point in even bringing this up to me.

Never said he was greedy. That was another poster.

You don't get to ask anybody for anything. It's well within Priano's rights to charge for his tunes. A person is then free as to whether they want to take him up on it. And again, that guy creates his own tunes, as do many others.
Huh? Why are you even arguing with me? It seems we have the same opinion on this topic?
The other guy called him greedy not you. And that is a bullshot take.

What do you want to tell me sorry i really dont get it.

The SWAP section needs updating, noticed their are some swap tunes listed under the respective PP sections but not added to the Swap section. Eg Crown Athlete G

I’ve been using these tunes created by PRAIANO since January. It’s been invaluable in my enjoyment of the game to not have to search multiple platforms for a car tune and have the selection and organization presented here. His tunes also match my driving style very well.
Admittedly I didn’t think to donate at first but then realized the value of not having to do it myself and instead be able to focus on racing.
When the Patreon site started I thought it was brilliant and a natural evolution of the service he provides and has for a long time for free.
With so many people asking for and expecting updated tunes to fit the physics changes, it became obvious he had reached the point of being able to and deserving to capitalize on his skills and time spent.
If $5 month from me and many others allows PRAIANO to spend more time tuning and less on basic needs acquiring
and building a little cash reserve that’s great.
$5 a month is not a financial burden for me especially considering I’ve invested several thousand into this hobby. I realize everyone has different financial priorities and socioeconomic statuses though.
Ultimately, this is a hobby and like most, cost money, usually lots of money in my experience with hobbies I’ve pursued. If it’s important enough for a person, they will make it work.

I’ve been using these tunes created by PRAIANO since January. It’s been invaluable in my enjoyment of the game to not have to search multiple platforms for a car tune and have the selection and organization presented here. His tunes also match my driving style very well.
Admittedly I didn’t think to donate at first but then realized the value of not having to do it myself and instead be able to focus on racing.
When the Patreon site started I thought it was brilliant and a natural evolution of the service he provides and has for a long time for free.
With so many people asking for and expecting updated tunes to fit the physics changes, it became obvious he had reached the point of being able to and deserving to capitalize on his skills and time spent.
If $5 month from me and many others allows PRAIANO to spend more time tuning and less on basic needs acquiring
and building a little cash reserve that’s great.
$5 a month is not a financial burden for me especially considering I’ve invested several thousand into this hobby. I realize everyone has different financial priorities and socioeconomic statuses though.
Ultimately, this is a hobby and like most, cost money, usually lots of money in my experience with hobbies I’ve pursued. If it’s important enough for a person, they will make it work.
Well said!

Sorry to disrupt all, but I have a quick question:

How does one un-⚠️ the PP on their cars now? I just put the Chiron engine in the C6 Vette, did I just waste a bunch of credits?

How does one un-⚠️ the PP on their cars now? I just put the Chiron engine in the C6 Vette, did I just waste a bunch of credits?
I personally had this come up and had to do some stuff I don't remember via tuning.

With that said definitely give these swaps a try:

RX-7 02
Countach 88 25th Anniversary
Pantera
XJ220

I was really surprised how much the Pantera tune/swap makes the car an absolute monster.

The Ferarri Testarossa (no swap btw) is unreal levels of good BTW. This car has really caught me off guard. In a good way.

All of these cars make the LM grind so easy but still they are fun to drive. If you enjoy top speed, these cars will definitely do it. Also, the RX7 with the 787B SWAP just sips gas. If the race doesn't rain then you can just do a 1 pit the entire 30 minutes with it.

I personally had this come up and had to do some stuff I don't remember via tuning.

With that said definitely give these swaps a try:

RX-7 02
Countach 88 25th Anniversary
Pantera
XJ220

I was really surprised how much the Pantera tune/swap makes the car an absolute monster.

The Ferarri Testarossa (no swap btw) is unreal levels of good BTW. This car has really caught me off guard. In a good way.

All of these cars make the LM grind so easy but still they are fun to drive. If you enjoy top speed, these cars will definitely do it. Also, the RX7 with the 787B SWAP just sips gas. If the race doesn't rain then you can just do a 1 pit the entire 30 minutes with it.
I ended up figuring out that it was due to not enough downforce on the rear because I had no wing installed. :lol:

Be respectful to each other, this is a thread, but also it is somebody's hard work to make you people enjoy this game. If you don't agree with one another, start you're own thread for arguing/ debating. This is someone's work. If you don't like this change then leave. Please have some respect for the effort that has helped each and every one of us. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

Must say I appreciate newer tunes no longer requiring the silly disparity between front and rear ride height.

Ultimately I play to 'enjoy the ride' and not interested in scapes/photos or even replays (I sometimes watch them for a minute or so after a race).

But it's nice to see/appreciate the visuals of mostly fine looking machines when putting the tune together, buying parts/wheels and choosing paint/liveries etc, than almost grimacing like before.

But I do understand why you need to do it like that before, so it's not a criticism.

Thanks again for all your efforts/work mate.

From a very happy/satisfied patreon subscriber :)

Last edited:
Sad to see the greed in today's world!
The greed is evident in the small minority of people in this thread who think they're entitled to other peoples' work for free forever, and resent paying even a very fair subscription fee for it.

As others have pointed out, there are ways to reduce the cost involved. You can sign up, cancel, reinstate subscription, cancel again etc. If you can only afford $20 a year then just do this every 3 months to access the last 3 months of tunes. If you only want to pay $10/year then do it every 6 months.

If one wants to be able to enjoy the most recent tunes as and when they're published, then stay subscribed every month.

Personally, I'd find it quite tiresome to have to apply 3 months worth of tunes in one hit. Time consuming. And I wouldn't want to wait so long to try out all the latest tunes. That's my personal choice though.

I think its fantastic that Praiano has enacted a freemium model that essentially lets people choose how much they want to pay, based on their own needs and preferences.

Very well executed by @vinipraiano94 and @praiano63

And one more reminder; if someone doesn't feel the paid subscription is suitable for oneself, just don't sign up to it. There's no need to tell everyone about the decision. Its a small community here and whether one means to or not, it comes across that one is trying to make Praiano feel guilty about enacting the Patreon system and/or discourage others from enjoying it.

Last edited:

The only car in my garage who showing this broken PP ⚠️ signal is the Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91 . Both normal and SWAP escudo engine. When to select the car , then the signal ⚠️ disappear imediatle and everything is normal again.

Out of interest @praiano63 what does 4 stars setting, 3 stars setting, 5 stars setting mean on the tunes?
Mu limited interpretation is 5* top performance/driving experience for that pp on specified circuit versus others.

4* star very good, but not top tier.

3* passable, but noticeable slower or not as 'performsmant' in that pp class as others.

Of course, ready to be corrected...

Last edited:
Nissan R32 GT-R Vspec II '94 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks - 1.49

Wide Car
Rims up to you - Width Wide - Ofset off
Front A - Side A - Rear A - Wing A

Top 700PP road car , 4WD are very stable and you can drive it fast passing over the limit without punition, but to be very fast , you need to play with wheel , brake and acceleration at high level. It's an easy pilot car for real.

View attachment 1376593View attachment 1376594View attachment 1376595
You don't need all this engine tuning parts. Up to you.
View attachment 1376596

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
This is already different. Now gets a 712.95pp

Nissan R32 GT-R Nismo '90 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks -SWAP - 1.49

SWAP ENGINE: VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo

Wide Car
Rims up to you - Width Wide - Offset Wide
Front B - Side B - Rear A - Wing A

Almost the same setup of the R32 '94 but a bit more heavy. As performant of the '94 model but a few better top speed. Handling is the same , excelent.

View attachment 1376623View attachment 1376624View attachment 1376625View attachment 1376626

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
This is now coming out at 712pp on 1.50 :(

I'm guessing the 1 in 5 'free' ones are over? 26 locked tubes in a row. I'm gonna tap out for now, see what the catalogue looks like in a couple months. All the best.

In a game with free DLC, I now have to pay a (quite expensive) monthly subscription for tunes for a single game.

Expensive? But it's just a "Big Mac"! To give you some perspective:

In America, $5 is 1/3 the cost of a PS Plus Extra sub. PS Plus makes up for the price by giving you the ability to play online, free monthly games and a catalog of 100+ games you can download.

Netflix basic costs $7 monthly. It has ads, but gives you the full content.

A Tier 1 Twitch subscription costs $6 as of August 2024. Depending on who you support, they'll provide daily content and many hours of entertainment, not to mention other bonuses. Their setup is also generally more expensive than Praiano's (some have multiple consoles, in addition to capture cards and all the audio/video setup in their studio, whereas Praiano has PS5, TV and wheel).

All of the above provide better bang for your buck than Praiano's new service.

Besides, when you put a price on things that used to be free, people will complain. It's how it works.
There is one major problem with your analogy. It doesn't consider supply and demand and the competition that is also available supplying the same thing. All of those companies have competitors and price points they have to compete with. There is no one else out there who is devoting this much time for this long that is supplying what Praiano is providing. I've searched high and low. Competition doesn't exist. Not at this level. To duplicate what Praiano is doing would require an insane amount of time and dedication that no one is stepping up to do. If they did, they likely would be pitching their Patreon in 6 months because they would realize it is just too much work without it.

Also I've stated it before and I'll state it again. You can subscribe for one month for $5 and go copy down every tuning he has. Cancel and wait 6 months and go subscribe and do that again for one month. You could easily spend $10 in a year and get the same amount of tunings as the person who spent $60 for the year.

Also your opening statement is 100% false. You don't have to pay anything to get tunes. Anyone can read up and study and make them on their own. The beauty of Patreon is you can set your pricing tier however you want. In the scope of Patreon, $5 a month for all of your content is very generous compared to what most content creators charge. Not only is Praiano being extremely generous, I've already suggested he should have a $10 tier as well that gets you more than just the tunings. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I believe your stance on the issue is a rather weak one in 2024.

Last edited:
B80
Perhaps PD should implement a Praiano tune giveaway on the roulette wheel.

Star rating aligned to his tune rating ;)
Polyphony Digital should have Praiano and 4 others just like him on salary that also receive PS5, the game, and driving peripherals for free with the job. Those 5 should also get every part and vehicle for free. They could charge extra for the service just like Praiano is. I'm sure an official option with a staff of 5 tuners who could dedicate a full work week to it would provide plenty of value for the optional fee. And your idea of incorporating tunings on the roulette wheel would be a great idea to coincide with it. Anyone not happy with it has the option to learn how to do it themselves. No different than the same option they have available now.

There is one major problem with your analogy. It doesn't consider supply and demand and the competition that is also available supplying the same thing. All of those companies have competitors and price points they have to compete with. There is no one else out there who is devoting this much time for this long that is supplying what Praiano is providing. I've searched high and low. Competition doesn't exist. Not at this level. To duplicate what Praiano is doing would require an insane amount of time and dedication that no one is stepping up to do. If they did, they likely would be pitching their Patreon in 6 months because they would realize it is just too much work without it.

Also I've stated it before and I'll state it again. You can subscribe for one month for $5 and go copy down every tuning he has. Cancel and wait 6 months and go subscribe and do that again for one month. You could easily spend $10 in a year and get the same amount of tunings as the person who spent $60 for the year.

Also your opening statement is 100% false. You don't have to pay anything to get tunes. Anyone can read up and study and make them on their own. The beauty of Patreon is you can set your pricing tier however you want. In the scope of Patreon, $5 a month for all of your content is very generous compared to what most content creators charge. Not only is Praiano being extremely generous, I've already suggested he should have a $10 tier as well that gets you more than just the tunings. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I believe your stance on the issue is a rather weak one in 2024.
You can't have searched that hard... Exeter GT Tuning is back up and running on GTPlanrt... he has quite an extensive pre 1.49 catalogue and is now working on post 1.49 tunes. Though I have only just caught back up this morning so yet yo apply any in game.
There is also the YouTube model that a lot of tuners use to generate revenue. Just search a model and GT7 tune and you see the same handful of names pop up, JohnnySVDR I've used before and seems OK and posts regularly.

But yeah, failing that I'll drop a membership for a month maybe in a couple months time and stock up on the tunes I need, especially as he seems to have stopped posting any free tunes at all now. I don't online race so mainly focus on the new swaps when they drop. Can't see PD doing any more major event drops any more, like the a chunk of endurance races or anything particularly hard that really needs a dedicated tune.

I'm guessing the 1 in 5 'free' ones are over? 26 locked tubes in a row. I'm gonna tap out for now, see what the catalogue looks like in a couple months. All the best.
I have a great idea for you. Wait until GT8 is about to launch and you can then sign up to Praiano's Patreon for a single month and get the entire catalogue of GT7 tunes for a fiver.

I don't charge anything for the idea above. Totally FREE.

Enjoy!

@praiano63 - Your new F40 swap tune is total fire. Had an absolute blast with it last night. When you lose it, you lose it!
So. Much. Fun.

Last edited:
I have a great idea for you. Wait until GT8 is about to launch and you can then sign up to Praiano's Patreon for a single month and get the entire catalogue of GT7 tunes for a fiver.

I don't charge anything for the idea above. Totally FREE.

Enjoy!

@praiano63 - Your new F40 swap tune is total fire. Had an absolute blast with it last night. When you lose it, you lose it!
So. Much. Fun.
The hostilities are hardly warranted... people read things with such anger in their minds.

Simply asking if the free posts are over based on his own original words and that I am quite happy to contribute at a later date when it's more financially viable for me to do so. Then wished all the best.

Not everyone has the means to subscribe to every service that they want too these days. If you do, all the best too you and well done for being in a position to afford it... that is assuming you've earned it and it's not your allowance.

@praiano63 any chance you can look at the "Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe (C2) '63 " as since update 1.47 it's taken this long for it to be available in "Legendary Dealer" today so I don't want to ruin it if the 1.47 setup doesn't work apply to 1.50, please?
Cheers for the "Mazda RX500 '70" you updated 👍

Back