Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,203 comments
Yep, i was looking into the start of the show. It´s a shame in some cases. However for things like Nascar or SuperGT there´s a hope for it, because they already have some of the tracks and cars.

Shame about the little details we will never know, but i got the feeling they are trying everything and going with the ones that make sense and have a good ratio of cost/profit.

Finally started watching that stream. At what point does Ian Bell show up? I thought he was the guy streaming the whole thing.

Yeah. That could be an argument because Forza has the license and just Bathurst. Would have loved to see a licensed series in game but those 25 circuits would have cost at least $2.5m going by Ian's $100k minimum for a circuit. Excluding licensing fees, that leaves $9.5m.
They only race at 14 circuits though. Next year may add, one newly constructed circuit, Tailem Bend(The Bend) in South Australia.

I do hope SMS can get the licence. That China deal may not be a bad thing. James Warburton, CEO of VASC, wants to entertain Asia, because they have many partners that watch Supercars. He just had a meeting with Liberty at the Singapore F1 race last week.

This isn't really relevant to anything, but @IanBell I was in a GAME in Belfast today talking to one of the staff very briefly about PCARS2, and funny enough he mentioned that he knew you, through his dad I think it was. I wasn't able to talk more and I didn't get his name but I did get it on record that you are, apparently, a 'real nice guy'.

Just so you know there's still some love left for you back in NI. :P

My reputation is slowly being destroyed :) We need a new PRC...

Hey guys it is now on PS4 Digital downloads. You can start downloading all items ready for Friday. I am sending mine to my Seagate External HDD (Extended Storage) but the whole package to download Full (Deluxe) comes to 52.254GB Not excessive considering all the weather etc :bowdown: My internet picked up speed after this back to normal it should all be done in less than 4 hours! :mischievous:
20170920044749.jpg

@BrainsBush ;)

Last edited:
Ok so.....im clicking download and it would just send me back to the library. I go to my download screen and nothing. I tried like five times just now. The hell is going on? I'm always having a issue when it comes to pre-orders. When I click download it should be a notification telling me that the game has been added to the downloads.

I'm on a wired connection with a pretty good internet service, so I assume it will take about the same time or less. Sweet.

Ok so.....im clicking download and it would just send me back to the library. I go to my download screen and nothing. I tried like five times just now. The hell is going on? I'm always having a issue when it comes to pre-orders. When I click download it should be a notification telling me that the game has been added to the downloads.

The same thing is happening to me

Have you gone in to settings and activated 'Auto Download' it should just come up in notifications then without you doing anything 👍

Me too. Although scratching my head as to why there is a download button. I have auto-download checked. PSN... :banghead:

Edit: Like jerry, torque99 is also in England... 5-6 hrs ahead of US. Download will probably begin 12am 9/20/17 for us Yanks.

Last edited:
same here, i has a problem with pre-load this game when i trying to click download over 10 times. it sound like USA has issue with pre-load

here is picture i took screenshot

Same here. I'm checking it right now and everything is checked.

lol i has you on my PSN friend

Last edited by a moderator:
So im sitting here watching a little bit of the Q/A video that was posted earlier and i just love how honest and real @IanBell was being. No BS. Just straight honesty. People will try to say that SMS is arrogant and stuff but I don't see that. It's called confidence. At the end of the day they trying beat their competition. I can tell a lot of people are gonna dislike that interview. Watch. We need more developers like SMS when it comes to communication. Don't give robotic answers. Be real with us. Actually explain what's going on.

Slightly off topic.
I got a G29 to play Project CARS 2 on but will be replacing it with a Thrustmaster T300rs next week. Does anyone know how reliable they are?

Back