Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,203 comments
i think there is big issue with pre-load on this game in USA version. i think Sony and Bandai Namco America didn't aware of this issue.. Someone need contact both and let them know the issue then fix it before tomorrrow night when it unlock at midnight

Notified SMS.

Just preordered and PC2 is preloading. PS Store New Zealand so as others have said perhaps there is an issue with the US PS Store not preloading.

thank for the link but i am little disappointing about can't download this game on my PS4

Dude, you'll get it. No worries as there is time, but I do know there is that "safe" feeling about already having it on there.

They'll fix it soon.

oh, IanBell is one of SMS ? does he aware of this issue ?
Ian Bell is imposter, do not listen to him. Always he makes a mess of things. ;)

Checking w/ BN about USA pre-download.

Also guys, about "will this feature be console or pc-only"...we try to make all the "game features" available for all the platforms. Mainly the differences between platforms are visual fidelity and maybe some peripherals support. So you do not have to ask if XYZ feature will be for XB1 or PS4 pro or PC-only etc. (it is more work for us to begin hiding features from each platform, we like less work).

Finally, there was an accusation couple days ago about AMD/Nvidia on pC2. Absolutely SMS has always been vendor-neutral in the past. We do NOT favor Logitech > Thrustmaster > Fanatec or anything like this at all. We try our best to work with each vendor and partner company as best as we can. Small example, we have been using Nvidia PhysX for a long time now but we use the CPU version (not the GPU version) so as not to give any kind of advantage for Nvidia vs. AMD players for these calculations. "Vendor neutral"...remember this.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic.
I got a G29 to play Project CARS 2 on but will be replacing it with a Thrustmaster T300rs next week. Does anyone know how reliable they are?
FWIW, I have a TX from March of 2014, basically the same as the T300. I've heard of reliability claims but I think it was somewhat overstated - happy customers don't post on forums.

i think there is big issue with pre-load on this game in USA version. i think Sony and Bandai Namco America didn't aware of this issue.. Someone need contact both and let them know the issue then fix it before tomorrrow night when it unlock at midnight
Ok thanks. I guess I'll call them and try to get this going.

Ian Bell is imposter, do not listen to him. Always he makes a mess of things. ;)

Checking w/ BN about USA pre-download.

Also guys, about "will this feature be console or pc-only"...we try to make all the "game features" available for all the platforms. Mainly the differences between platforms are visual fidelity and maybe some peripherals support. So you do not have to ask if XYZ feature will be for XB1 or PS4 pro or PC-only etc. (it is more work for us to begin hiding features from each platform, we like less work).

Finally, there was an accusation couple days ago about AMD/Nvidia on pC2. Absolutely SMS has always been vendor-neutral in the past. We do NOT favor Logitech > Thrustmaster > Fanatec or anything like this at all. We try our best to work with each vendor and partner company as best as we can. Small example, we have been using Nvidia PhysX for a long time now but we use the CPU version (not the GPU version) so as not to give any kind of advantage for Nvidia vs. AMD players for these calculations. "Vendor neutral"...remember this.

Seriously, I can't imagine how excited you guys must be on the eve of this thing's release.

It must be like giving birth to a baby you know is going to make a lot of people happy.

They're not lying if they're saying what they think is the truth.

sometimes they lied to people about fix other games including pre-download issue. Until Dawn take too long to fix it properly for pre-download. i called Sony and they said it should be fixed later in the evening and night time hit, i went to download it and it keep error then i waited for them to fix it and took two days late after the day it released

Back