Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,203 comments
Do you guys think it's a good idea to buy digitally?

Is it a game you ever see yourself wanting to sell? If so, buy physical.

That's more or less what it comes down to for me. If I'm in any way questioning the "value" of the game, it's physical. Up until about a year ago, I bought very few games, and as they're mostly racing games, I like keeping my collections. But lately, PSN sales have meant I buy more digitals — they're just usually 80% off or so, and that sways the "value" argument. :lol:

You are in the U.S. right?

Have you not read all the posts here confirming a MIDNIGHT LOCAL TIME availability in U.S? Midnight TONIGHT. It's NOT an issue. It's simply not available to you yet.
yep i live in USA. i hope it's true but what if it not working tonight at midnight ?

WMD code received here too, preload in progress on Steam.

Given that our beta installations were removed last week, I was expecting the "hours played" counter to drop back down to zero for this effectively new game install. But it didn't, it's remembered my amount played during beta after I redeemed my new Steam code for the final product.

the big problem is digitally not working right now. I and other people can't download it
Then you can call Sony and start raising a fuss here, there, or anywhere else you like. In the meantime, how about just taking their word for it and waiting to see what happens at midnight instead of posting a reply to every individual with claims of an issue that doesn't actually exist?

yep i live in USA. i hope it's true but what if it not working tonight at midnight ?

You can't play it until Friday anyway, right? So what does it matter? I'm sure your life won't be irreparably damaged if you can't play the game the very second it's released.

Is it a game you ever see yourself wanting to sell? If so, buy physical.

That's more or less what it comes down to for me. If I'm in any way questioning the "value" of the game, it's physical. Up until about a year ago, I bought very few games, and as they're mostly racing games, I like keeping my collections. But lately, PSN sales have meant I buy more digitals — they're just usually 80% off or so, and that sways the "value" argument. :lol:
Usually 80% off means it costs the same as a physical copy, Digital is far too expensive for what you get.

From what I've seen Xbox One version still has framerate issues. :/ I really would love to have this game along with Forza, they complement each other very well.

Usually 80% off means it costs the same as a physical copy, Digital is far too expensive for what you get.

Or, you're like me and live high in the mountains an hour from the closest game distributor.
It's far more convenient to go digital, although had I thought this through, I would have dusted off the Ducati and had some fun while claiming my prize. Oh well.

XXI
Or, you're like me and live high in the mountains an hour from the closest game distributor.
It's far more convenient to go digital, although had I thought this through, I would have dusted off the Ducati and had some fun while claiming my prize. Oh well.
The postman can do the walking with mine on release day morning.

Untitled.png
Hmm...

Well, I know for sure I'm getting PC2 now as I've heard the gamepad controls have been improved. Plus, the track selection is a huge plus along with the inclusion of rally cross. I'm just now trying to decided to just get the normal version or get the deluxe version with the season pass.

So, got my code for Xbox version over at WMD yesterday, I'm Gold tier at WMD so it's the deluxe version. Left it to download whilst I was at work. Got home and it's all finished, so just waiting for my daughter to go to bed so I can start my career.
This is regarding the digital preloading... it still won't unlock and become playable until the 22nd
I'm confused, is it already working for some people and not for others? Can you actually play it offline now @PzR Slim?
I have the european digital deluxe version too by the way (PS4).

This might be interesting.
20170920220323.jpg

And it says I have the latest version installed, but I wonder how that can be when my system has only
downloaded 13GB out of 42.9.

20170920220250.jpg

I'm confused, is it already working for some people and not for others? Can you actually play it offline now @PzR Slim?
I have the european digital deluxe version too by the way (PS4).

This might be interesting.
View attachment 674003

And it says I have the latest version installed, but I wonder how that can be when my system has only
downloaded 13GB out of 42.9.

View attachment 674002
I was a backer of the game and had input during it's development. My code was provided directly by SMS so I think it has special early access rights. People who have pre-ordered it through normal channels have to wait until release day.

Has anyone got their hands on an Ultra Edition yet? Itching to see what the Full Scale 1/12th Model looks like in person! The 1/43 Scale was a little disappointing personally!

I could be playing this beautiful thing tomorrow. ShopTo have informed me that it's dispatched. #NotBragging
Mine's downloaded, installed and ready to go for me as soon as I get home from work tomorrow. 18:00 EDT unlock on Steam. :P #NotBragging #SorryNotSorry

Back