Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,203 comments
Try to use your mobile app. It worked for me when I wasn't able to download the game. I went to: store > Purchased > download queue > download.

Try it this way guys. Psn is fusy sometimes.

Try to use your mobile app. It worked for me when I wasn't able to download the game. I went to: store > Purchased > download queue > download.

Try it this way guys. PSN is fussy sometimes.
All it just does is download the game's official theme, not the game itself.

Try it this way guys. Psn is fusy sometimes.

When I tried it, I kept getting download error.

Just a thought...Are you playing cockpit view? Are there settings hidden away in a menu somewhere for FOV/DOF/Camera Shake/Helmet cam blur etc. On PCars1 I also had too much blur and played around with these. It might be something to with it. From the preview videos I have seen on Xbox One the scenery didn't look too bad but as you say you are in a great position to compare like for like with the PC version soon.👍

Edit: Also new trailer released

I’m really hoping it’s something simple. I’ve changed all the settings I can think of but it didn’t improve. Hopefully when more people are playing I’ll be able to see if mine looks wrong and work out a solution.

Really considering pre ordering the digital edition now, I want to play asap and I want Godzilla!
Do it :cheers: My digital copy is all preloaded and ready to roll in just over 5 hours (NZ time). The Japanese and Motorsports packs are ready to install, they probably do so at midnight because they won't download yet. They don't amount to much size wise so will zap through pretty quickly I think.

better than first one ? how good is gamepad controller on this game ?
Much improved judging from reviews and feedback (I don't play with pad myself). Ian commented that pad control in pC1 wasn't good at all and it got serious focus for pC2.

That said, controlling a real car with a gamepad isn't easy in real life so it's also no walk in the park in pC2, that much I gather from the reviews and feedback as well, but that just takes practice.

How are the physics as compared to PCars 1? Allot different? Better, worse?
"The physics" is a bit vague ;), but I guess it's mostly a question about tyre behaviour. This has improved much as Ian already stated in the interview stream, there's no steep fall-off in grip anymore when going over the edge. You feel much more in control all the time. That doesn't mean you cannot spin out anymore, far from it, it just happens less sudden.

Try throwing the Porsche 918 Spyder around on the Loose set-up and you'll see what I mean :)

Here's a pic to illustrate what I mean.

nTDWp4f.png

Look at the driving line close to the player and then look at it at the next corner. It's really blurry and pixelated as are the advertising boards top right.

nTDWp4f.png

Look at the driving line close to the player and then look at it at the next corner. It's really blurry and pixelated as are the advertising boards top right.
I think you are just used to PC. Xbox is just way too slow and with the amount of calculations going on in pCARS 2, graphics are going to be toned down.

nTDWp4f.png

Looks like a bit of tire smoke or maybe fog around the center of the picture...?

I think you are just used to PC. Xbox is just way too slow and with the amount of calculations going on in pCARS 2, graphics are going to be toned down.
Maybe. It's just the console footage I have seen have looked better than that. Oh well, I got the console version 'free' and my PC version will be here tomorrow so I may just stick with that.

I'd still be interested to hear what others think when they get their copy.

Looks like a bit of tire smoke or maybe fog around the center of the picture...?

It's a typical day at Knockhill in that pic.....pouring with rain!

I've noticed the framerate of the rear view mirror (HUD) looks to be quite low on the Xbox feeds I've seen. Is the actual in-car mirror the same? Hopefully it'll look ok on PS4 if not Xbox as it's a bit distracting to me. Not long to go to find out.

Oh for fu...
Sudden change of plans means that I'm not going to be able to even download this until next Monday at the earliest.
Enjoy your weekends, chaps.

This is a serious problem; it seems the players have different weather conditions in the SAME online lobby. Those guys can't drive to save their lives, but it's nonetheless pretty much game breaking when it comes to online racing.

XXI
I called Sony, after a brief 30 minute hold Daniel got on the line and informed me...

It will be available to download midnight tonight for US residents.

It will be time zone specific meaning 12am in your location.

They're doing this to "spread downloads out" as it would seem there have been many, many pre-orders.
Thank you for the effort, but I would rather hear an explanation from SMS. I wouldn't trust "Daniel" more than the GameStop/BestBuy/McDonald's cashier.

It's 3.30am CST and PSN preload is still unavailable. (Randomly woke up due to call of nature.) I assume Daniel will tell me they have spreaded out the downloads even further. This is why I prefer disc copy. Sadly the deluxe edition disc copy is not available in US.

I won't be playing the game at midnight release, but I expect to see the game fully downloaded and playable when I wake up Friday morning.

So just had my first race in career where it started raining through the race. It was light rain so didn't bother changing tyres but with 5 mins left the heavens opened! Thought I'd tough it out and as the puddles built the effect of aquaplaning was phenomenal. If anyone has driven briskly on a very wet road they will know what I'm talking about. PCars 2 models it beautifully. In the last couple of laps at Silverstone National I had to use every bit of skill I had to just keep the car on the track. It was wonderful! So when people have a moan about the graphics which they invariably will, just remember, its because of live track 3.0 and for me it's the right decision.

Thank you for the effort, but I would rather hear an explanation from SMS. I wouldn't trust "Daniel" more than the GameStop/BestBuy/McDonald's cashier.

It's 3.30am CST and PSN preload is still unavailable. (Randomly woke up due to call of nature.) I assume Daniel will tell me they have spreaded out the downloads even further. This is why I prefer disc copy. Sadly the deluxe edition disc copy is not available in US.

I won't be playing the game at midnight release, but I expect to see the game fully downloaded and playable when I wake up Friday morning.

Don't shoot the messenger guy.

Back